Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually as well as my registraion stuff a couple of days later I got a letter with a number to contact if I had no recieved the pack due to some kind of postal problems. So maybe thats whats happened who knows :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think my address is jinxed when it comes to mail.

I just had to get my student bankaccount sorted with RBS because they 'forgot' to send me a letter saying that I do actually need to show my Edinburgh acceptance letter. Ugh.

Oh well, new debit card soon...

I want registration stuff. I like filling in forms. Sad?

ReputationRep:
    has anybody noticed that the accomodation services website, when updated, has previous updates removed. therefore, an outsider (such as prospective applicants) are totally unaware of how difficult and ill-organised accom services are because they dont see a wheen of messages/updates which constantly change their deadlines.

i know what i am trying to say and im not sure if it came across well... basically i am shooting accom services ... again.

ReputationRep:
    Are you ignoring me?

ReputationRep:
    How much of a joke is the Scottish legal system, that Tommy Sheridan actually managed to *win* that courtcase?

ReputationRep:
    he won it? omg! he is a dafty anyway, how on earth could a court believe him?!?!?

i had a trip into edinburgh today everyone and it was awesome went into potterrow and bought myself a "edinburgh university" folder for the grand total of £1.29 you get a choice of colour including silver, metallic purple and metallic blue. but the crest is in gold so it clashes, but i still wanted one :rolleyes:

also visited pollock halls (...again!!!) and noticed a taxi rank just outside reception. we taxi-d from pollock halls to george square and the cost was just £4. now, if there were 6 people in the taxi, that really isnt much

i wish more than ever that i get into pollock halls as its just fabulous there. but i really dont want chancellors court, though; it is posh and expensive.

another important thing- i searched for kebab shops and chinese takeaways that were near pollock halls and there is a chinese directly across the road :rolleyes:

the fringe is just starting up there as well so it was busy and there was so much to see and do, it was awesome. and does anyone remember Ceri off of The Bill (the blonde chick), i walked into her today as she came out of a bar. and sally lindsey (who played shelley unwin in coronation street) was in potterrow and i saw her as well.

think i will sleep well tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    How much of a joke is the Scottish legal system, that Tommy Sheridan actually managed to *win* that courtcase?
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah.. i also picked up the taxi drivers business card... so add the number 01312281211 to your mobiles

hope you all had a good day today. it seems there are more twists in the tommy sheridan case as the witnesses are possibly facing criminal charges.

ReputationRep:
    Carly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_its_me_)
    oh yeah.. i also picked up the taxi drivers business card... so add the number 01312281211 to your mobiles

hope you all had a good day today. it seems there are more twists in the tommy sheridan case as the witnesses are possibly facing criminal charges.
    Hahahah. Priceless.

Oh dear I'm bored tonight. *sigh* So has anyone got any cool plans for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i'm pretty bored these days too...if i did not have part-time job, driving lessons and friends, it would be really bad...i cant wait until the results day (i will be somewhere in slovak mountains, so ringing up my school for my grades will be fun)!!! i want to go to Edinburgh!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oo driving lessons! How are they going?

My car was just taken to Kwik Fit the other week because something was wrong with the steering/tractor or something. Anyhoo, the front right wheel seems to make a hissing noise when I steer and its hotter than the others. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Is there anyone doing Eng Lit about to go into their second year at Edinburgh uni? For all you folks coming in September, it's fantastic - you'll love it

Suz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    Oo driving lessons! How are they going?

My car was just taken to Kwik Fit the other week because something was wrong with the steering/tractor or something. Anyhoo, the front right wheel seems to make a hissing noise when I steer and its hotter than the others. Argh.
    really well, thanks - i've had 3 lessons and they were great, my instructor did not have to do anything during my last one...i'm happy i'm doing well - my driving test is one day after my 18th birthday (i.e. on 30/08)! but driving in a big city isn't sometimes fun - especially during Bratislava's rush hours...

ReputationRep:
    fortunately I passed my driving test a month ago( in Poland), however I just can't imagine driving in the UK

ReputationRep:
    Oo fabulous. Edinburgh driving is hectic hah.

Word of warning: Busses drive *really* close to the pavement, so watch your arms when you're walking near the road...

I passed my driving test when I was 17 *smug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloise_is_ace)
    No! Don't e-mail them! They e-mailed me back saying that it wasn't them i had to e-mail but you had to e-mail THESE people:

[email protected]

I've finally got my username!
    Wow there are quite a few people from Aberdeen on here. I'm from Inverurie
    Great! Thanks a lot.

*grumble* I want an accommodation reply. My mum's really bugging me about it ("I can't believe you haven't heard yet!!") and we're going abroad for two weeks on Friday!

Yeah I'm having driving lessons too. I don't like them. Test's booked on 6th Sept, two days before I leave for Edinburgh...

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone expecting exam results tomorrow!! It's so weird, all my friends are getting them today (Western Isles are part of a pilot scheme to get your results texted/ e-mailed to you a day early) and I'm the only one who hasn't been ****ting themself. All the best, and I hope you all you conditional folk get into Edinburgh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    Good luck to everyone expecting exam results tomorrow!! It's so weird, all my friends are getting them today (Western Isles are part of a pilot scheme to get your results texted/ e-mailed to you a day early) and I'm the only one who hasn't been ****ting themself. All the best, and I hope you all you conditional folk get into Edinburgh!!!
    Is it the Scottish results that are out tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    Can't wait to see my two 'fails'.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.