Vocaroo your accent! Watch

Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by -Neuro-)
Asklepios was right and its a pretty admirable quality to be honest! If I remember correctly you said you were 6 foot 5 too which I suppose adds another twist
Yep, 6'5". And I've recently started to lift. :lol:

It would be a bit of a pain to record :
Nah. ez brah. Listen. When you come to Edinburgh (because we're obviously the best medical school and why would you go anywhere else), we'll get a mic set up with two pop filters set up. We'll bring our copies of the book and boom.

(Original post by ladymarshmallow)
I think so, the th sound is quite rare, although they use it in Icelandic as well.
Thank you. One of my teachers thought that I had german relatives :lolwut:
The Icelandics even have their own letter for the th sound. The thorn!
We used to have the thorn, too, in Middle English.

means "the". It's why we commonly see "ye olde..." in films or cartoons when they're back in the olden days, because the thorn in Middle English looked like a y!
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ladymarshmallow)
I think so, the th sound is quite rare, although they use it in Icelandic as well.
Thank you. One of my teachers thought that I had german relatives :lolwut:
Why did she think that?

One of my sister's teachers thought she had Italian roots :lolwut:

I remember I was on a train down south and these girls from Norway were trying to teach me their language. We only managed to get through how to pronounce their alphabet though, it was tricky

Posted from TSR Mobile
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My microphone is actually so crap.. I'll probably post one on my other laptop later
-Neuro-
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
I actually quite like Scouse accents, it's weird. I think it's because it was the first accent I could ever imitate, we did Blood Brothers at school and I was alright at copying it by the end. :lol: Some Glaswegian voices can be nice too, but I prefer the softer ones. They do, so do Jason Isaacs, Ian McKellen and Jeremy Irons :love: Oh, and Tom Hiddleston.

Yeah, once ended up seeing a recording of me in a play I did, as soon as I came on I buried my face in my hands. :lol: I just re-did mine, couldn't resist. Haha, that's amazing! Apparently the accent you have when you're seven is the one you keep, which makes sense, although I shifted from mild Cornish to this weird posh one that doesn't really belong anywhere. Kinda wish I had a proper regional accent but ah well, I'll move abroad where my British accent will be adorable no matter what.

Yep, that's the one! She's got a great voice.
Fair enough! I always remember the Glesga physics channel when I hear a Glaswegian accent or it's mentioned somewhere :lol:
Spoiler:
Show

Tom Hiddleston :love: Benedict Cumberbatch has a cool voice too. I love going about town at this time as there are a lot of tourists about and you get to hear their accents.

That's the same with me! I've done public speaking competitions and as prep I've always recorded myself and listened back to what I've said as I know that I'll give myself harsh criticism and that I'll try and amend anything which isn't pristine fluidity. Really? That makes sense but accents do change after that age :curious: That's a good plan, move to country where your looks and accent are exotic and mysterious. I'll be strange wherever I go to be honest

(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Mines is up, it's so bad! :lol:
You sound fine You sound very scottish and a bit like my old physics teacher!

(Original post by rock_climber86)
really? :eek: Kinda disappointed Oh well - cool accent either way!
Because I'm not Irish or because your guess was wrong? Thank you

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Yep, 6'5". And I've recently started to lift. :lol:

Nah. ez brah. Listen. When you come to Edinburgh (because we're obviously the best medical school and why would you go anywhere else), we'll get a mic set up with two pop filters set up. We'll bring our copies of the book and boom.
Alpha as brah.

Sound :cool: Here I have query, are the university halls only reserved for those who live outwith Edinburgh or is there sufficient place for those who live in Edinburgh but want to leave home? :lol:
sumsum123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Idle)
I sound so stupid

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LuCCyDkBCb
Birmingham?
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alpha as brah.

Sound :cool: Here I have query, are the university halls only reserved for those who live outwith Edinburgh or is there sufficient place for those who live in Edinburgh but want to leave home? :lol:
Priority is given to those who live outwith Edinburgh - those are the people who have guarantees, however, if there's space left over, then people who live in Edinburgh can get them.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Priority is given to those who live outwith Edinburgh - those are the people who have guarantees, however, if there's space left over, then people who live in Edinburgh can get them.
Oh! I'm totally applying to Edinburgh! It's so far away though :moon: if I get an offer it might even be my firm :awesome:
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
Oh! I'm totally applying to Edinburgh! It's so far away though :moon: if I get an offer it might even be my firm :awesome:
You can't come to our super awesome Hobbit reading. :hand:
Unless you have hidden voice talents we've yet to discover?
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can't come to our super awesome Hobbit reading. :hand:
*scottish accent* that's fine by me... I'll be doing an awesome degree anyway... :mad:

When does yours finish'
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
*scottish accent* that's fine by me... I'll be doing an awesome degree anyway... :mad:

When does yours finish'
2018, probably.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2018, probably.
I'll have the pleasure of tracking you down
thebestest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1H6crLu3NcN :pinch: horrible.
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All I heard was "Safari is finding the mess" or something like that, it was that quick Are you Irish?
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fair enough! I always remember the Glesga physics channel when I hear a Glaswegian accent or it's mentioned somewhere :lol:
Spoiler:
Show

Tom Hiddleston :love: Benedict Cumberbatch has a cool voice too. I love going about town at this time as there are a lot of tourists about and you get to hear their accents.

That's the same with me! I've done public speaking competitions and as prep I've always recorded myself and listened back to what I've said as I know that I'll give myself harsh criticism and that I'll try and amend anything which isn't pristine fluidity. Really? That makes sense but accents do change after that change :curious: That's a good plan, move to country where your looks and accent are exotic and mysterious. I'll be strange wherever I go to be honest
Oh my god I'd forgotten about that! Haha.

He does, it's beautiful. Yeah, I love eavesdropping on conversations just to hear people's accents, they're amazing. I don't really analyse my voice, I just hate listening to it. Yeah, they definitely do change, can't remember who told me that they stop when you're seven. My aunt changes accent really easily, I don't think mine ever will now. Strange is good
ThatLTUguy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Ia0G4c9VxW

Probably the weirdest one yet.
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Because I'm not Irish or because your guess was wrong? Thank you :
because you're not irish! When i imagine a scottish woman, susan boyle comes to mind . I know it's really bad stereotyping! Sorry! :eek:
Idle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by eliza.anne)
Haha you don't, I wasn't sure at all as you sound exactly like a guy I know from Bristol. Glad I didn't guess Bristol :lol:
I shall take that as a compliment

(Original post by TheMagicRat)
This is what I've been waiting for. Someone else from the Black Country. Your accent isn't as strong as I was hoping for though.
Are you from around this way?

(Original post by sumsum123)
Birmingham?
Close to, yeah
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rock_climber86)
because you're not irish! When i imagine a scottish woman, susan boyle comes to mind . I know it's really bad stereotyping! Sorry! :eek:

Also, Kate Bracken :love:
Hellz_Bellz!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Hm7P3UcvzH

My accent is lame compared to lot on here :sad:
Zhy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Hm7P3UcvzH

My accent is lame compared to lot on here :sad:
Mmm... :sexface:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
68.8%
No I haven't decided yet (23)
18.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.8%

Watched Threads