Where do people get these 6 hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no social life

its more like 2-3hours these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    O_o

Mate you have issues...

I revised like 6hours a day last year, I'm doing very well and on track for 2 grade 1's in STEP I and II along with grades A*A*A

How am I ****ing stupid for revising more?
    If you have to revise that hard for maths, you're seriously going to struggle. Take that from a first year Trinmo

ReputationRep:
    no social life

its more like 2-3hours these days
    I don't have 6 hours aha. Usually just four were I use 3 as revision and one for dinner and homework!
    I have to make up for it at the weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatPonderer)
    If you have to revise that hard for maths, you're seriously going to struggle. Take that from a first year Trinmo
    That was last year...

This year I do much less and I just revise because its fun for maths

ReputationRep:
    That was last year...

This year I do much less and I just revise because its fun for maths
    Generally, people revise more in the second year; I guess you bucked the trend by maybe realising you were over-doing it. As long as it's not studying just to get through the bare minimum. I guess my point is that 6 hours would be fine - all maths is good maths - but 6 hours on just STEP and the A Level syllabus should start ringing warning bells.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, people revise more in the second year; I guess you bucked the trend by maybe realising you were over-doing it. As long as it's not studying just to get through the bare minimum. I guess my point is that 6 hours would be fine - all maths is good maths - but 6 hours on just STEP and the A Level syllabus should start ringing warning bells.
    Yeah that makes sense. Like I said, I only did 6hours because I was so behind last year (B's and C's at GCSE etc etc) and it wasn't just on maths, it was also history and economics which are quite the timesap :lol:
    This year I do like 1 STEP question a day and a bit of work from 1 module each day.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that makes sense. Like I said, I only did 6hours because I was so behind last year (B's and C's at GCSE etc etc) and it wasn't just on maths, it was also history and economics which are quite the timesap :lol:
    This year I do like 1 STEP question a day and a bit of work from 1 module each day.
    Fair enough. That sounds sensible. I was doing a bit more STEP at this point in the year because I focused on the Olympiad earlier in the year.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. That sounds sensible. I was doing a bit more STEP at this point in the year because I focused on the Olympiad earlier in the year.

Good luck!
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    How do people stay sane with studying 6 hours a day? i tried doing 4-5 hours a day and only managed it for 2 weeks after which i burnt out and lost my motivation and willpower completely

ReputationRep:
    Between 1 and 2 hours a day at the moment but during Easter I will try and work from 8:30 to 3:05 or 4:05 and keep it like a school day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm in A2 now and I hated maths at GCSE but when it came to A level I loved it! It's my favourite subject because (a) you can get onto past papers straight away when revising and (b) there aren't many wordy questions/answers so it makes a nice break from my other subjects

ReputationRep:
    Zero

This is slightly worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakes)
    Guys have I left revision too late?
    I'm doing GCSEs and my first exams in 12th May.

Please help me.

How did you all get A* and As in each subject, please share tips because For the past few weeks in really feeling depressed! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess you could just flick through your notes and make a few spider diagrams. I really didn't revise for GCSEs and still came out with As and Bs and definitely do some past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely don't know how people do 6 hours revision, let alone more than about 2. I'm doing AS and if you're revising 6 hours for maths c1 and c2 then I can foresee you struggling next year (no disrespect) I did one night of awful revising for my maths mock and got an A. at maximum I did 5 hours revision (no not per night) for all my topics and got AABB.
    Don't let people scare you into revision. Really annoys me. Do how much you need to do your self.
    Biology unit 1 is also fairly decent, only subjects that id say require much work are chemistry (killer!!) and history to remember dates and stuff... Even then it's only the British empire topic that needs hard work because our dopey school decided to pick the one topic without a text book :')

ReputationRep:
    Well I understand why he does it. I probably could get A*'s by revising only 2 hours a day. But with so much fierce competition I overdo it to ENSURE that I get the A*. Especially for some strange subjects like biology where they can hit you with funny suggest questions. I man sure I could revise last minute and scrape an A/A* or I could work hard and aim for the high 90% and 100%. And I can walk in the exam confidently looking forward to the exam and not just praying that my favourite topics come up. Theres no risk in overdoing it.

ReputationRep:
    Also to all those people saying that they revised last minutes and got grades like AAA or AAB. Imagine if you hadn't just revised last minute. I'm positive that there would be a string of A* grades.

ReputationRep:
    How many hours am I revising each day? Not enough.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know...weekends just sort of blur and I end up struggling because I find it hard to revise at home and I end up going library sometimes but not every weekend. Do revision timetables ever work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveesha)
    I don't even know...weekends just sort of blur and I end up struggling because I find it hard to revise at home and I end up going library sometimes but not every weekend. Do revision timetables ever work?
    They do if you stick to them! I'm currently doing geography aha! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1396101788.705840.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  169.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastermdc)
    Well I understand why he does it. I probably could get A*'s by revising only 2 hours a day. But with so much fierce competition I overdo it to ENSURE that I get the A*. Especially for some strange subjects like biology where they can hit you with funny suggest questions. I man sure I could revise last minute and scrape an A/A* or I could work hard and aim for the high 90% and 100%. And I can walk in the exam confidently looking forward to the exam and not just praying that my favourite topics come up. Theres no risk in overdoing it.
    Other things are just as important as education at 17 and 18. Some people need to learn to invest in a life outside their text books.
    I know what it's like: I got A*s in biology chemistry maths further maths and physics so I understand the pressure you think your under but it's really not worth it, imo.
    I'm just speaking as somebody who has been through the system and can see what I think is most important on reflection.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.