Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    “Materialistic way of life is always fearful because at every step there is danger. Materialistic life is full of anxieties and fear”

ReputationRep:
    “Follow your heart not your head.”

It sounds strange doesn’t it ?

Well it did to me anyway :rolleyes: but the thing is it’s

usually your head that asks ‘what if?’:

What if I get hurt?

What if it doesn’t work ?

What if I make a fool of myself ?

What if I’m just not good enough.?

It's usually your head that reminds you of your own weaknesses.

When you want too take a risk or do something which frightens you it’s your head that starts to conjure up 101 reasons why you should play it safe ...you're less likely to get hurt and embarrass yourself when sit on the sidelines. If something goes wrong or the team looses its not your fault because you didn't play and so aren't accountable.

However, when you’re sat on the sidelines you're not fully involved in the game. It's difficult to appreciate it and truly enjoy it.

I’m not saying to be foolish and blindly follow your heart but a lot of the time it is easy to listen to the doubts in your mind. Sometimes you just need to follow the impulse from your heart, know it’s right and let that be enough. Without having to think, re think and rethink again. as often it is the feelings in your heart which reflect what you truly want and which have the most potential to make you happy:moon:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    “Follow your heart not your head.”

It sounds strange doesn’t it ?

Well it did to me anyway :rolleyes: but the thing is it’s

usually your head that asks ‘what if?’:

What if I get hurt?

What if it doesn’t work ?

What if I make a fool of myself ?

What if I’m just not good enough.?

It's usually your head that reminds you of your own weaknesses.

When you want too take a risk or do something which frightens you it’s your head that starts to conjure up 101 reasons why you should play it safe ...you're less likely to get hurt and embarrass yourself when sit on the sidelines. If something goes wrong or the team looses its not your fault because you didn't play and so aren't accountable.

However, when you’re sat on the sidelines you're not fully involved in the game. It's difficult to appreciate it and truly enjoy it.

I’m not saying to be foolish and blindly follow your heart but a lot of the time it is easy to listen to the doubts in your mind. Sometimes you just need to follow the impulse from your heart, know it’s right and let that be enough. Without having to think, re think and rethink again. as often it is the feelings in your heart which reflect what you truly want and which have the most potential to make you happy:moon:.
    100% agree to this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannywhite)
    100% agree to this
    hehe aw Thanks :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Don’t chase girls

Don’t chase boys.

Don’t chase popularity or riches

Chase your ambitions.

Chase your dreams.

Chase happiness.

Spoiler:
    Show
    “What if boys and girls make me happy though:perv:?”

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Never let the words "I am scared" be a reason to not do something.

It's not a reasonable justification but rather an excuse.

If you let fear rule your life you'll never be able to grow.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your progress.

ReputationRep:
    You never know what you're capable of unless you try.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love conquers all things

ReputationRep:
    "I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Look before you leap
    Not all that glitters is gold

ReputationRep:
    Behind every dark cloud, there is alwez a silver lightening

ReputationRep:
    "When there is no enemy within

the enemies outside cannot hurt you"

The true cause of anguish originates from within yourself but if you are untied and content with yourself no one else can bring you down.:dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    'Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones.' - John Lennon

"If you don't stick to your values when they're being tested, they're not values—they're hobbies." - Jon Stewart

ReputationRep:
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken". (Oscar Wilde)

ReputationRep:
    If you fall always land on your back because if you can look up, you can get up! - les brown

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pennyarcade)
    If you fall always land on your back because if you can look up, you can get up! - les brown

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that was beautiful :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to laugh and hate, but to be gentle and kind takes guts. It takes strength for one to sacrifice their own strength for someone who is weaker than them

ReputationRep:
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."- Dr Seuss

ReputationRep:
    It's better to be alone than to be in bad company

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.