Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    Why's everyone so bothered about acknowledgement emails? I haven't got a single yet and my form was sent off to UCAS on Thursday morning! If you can log into track they must have received your application, so I think everyone needs to just chill :P
    Haha, I guess because people see it as their first contact :P

I didn't start revising till Easter either, but retrospectively it might have been a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a quick question.. I'm thinking of applying to Imperial, Southampton, Cardiff and Brighton & Sussex
    Would you guys say that's pretty decent in terms of having roughly 1 risky, 2 average and maybe 1 sort of insurance application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vasuki8)
    I've got a quick question.. I'm thinking of applying to Imperial, Southampton, Cardiff and Brighton & Sussex
    Would you guys say that's pretty decent in terms of having roughly 1 risky, 2 average and maybe 1 sort of insurance application?
    That would entirely depend on what you're applying with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    That would entirely depend on what you're applying with...
    *facepalm* I'm so stressed out, I didn't even think to put down my grades.
    GCSE 7.5 A*, 5A, 1B
    AS AAAA (dropped French at AS)
    A2 predicted A* AA
    UKCAT 717.5
    VR - 530
    QR - 650
    AR - 790
    DA - 900

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 7.5 A*, 5A, 1B
    A2 predicted A* AA
    UKCAT 717.5
    VR - 530
    QR - 650
    AR - 790
    DA - 900
    Those are some good grades and good choices, well done How's the BMAT prep going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Those are some good grades and good choices, well done How's the BMAT prep going?
    Okay thank you I haven't done much yet.. I was too worried about my personal statement.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Not sure Birmingham's a good shout if you didn't get A*s in English. Sheffield decide based on the strength of your personal statement as long as your UKCAT is above 650. Bristol are 80% personal statement, 20% academics, but you're right it is very competitive (less than Leeds though). Queen's Belfast, like the person above me said, is a good shout. Have you considered Liverpool (mainly use GCSE's and PS, don't use UKCAT at all) or Cardiff (also GCSE's and PS, UKCAT only in borderline cases)?
    I picked birmingham, because i went to a summer school there and talked to an admissions tutor and i also rang them, and they said that if you've got majority a*'s anyway and a's at as level, and no below than a's in the subject u missed out on a* they do not mind, i know people who have applied to birmingham with B's in chem AS level, surely an A in english gcse and A at as level, is better than an A*in enlgish gcse and B in chem AS. i have also done enlglish extra cirrucluat and recieved an english speaking board qulaification, which may compensate for that i hope. i loved it at birmingham, i just wish i get offered a place.

ReputationRep:
    This probably sounds really condescending, but you are logging in with your UCAS number, rather than your username, aren't you? Took me 10 minutes and a locked account to figure that one out
    Haha yes I am, think I'll call them up tomorrow just to check

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 7.5 A*, 5A, 1B
    A2 predicted A* AA
    UKCAT 717.5
    VR - 530
    QR - 650
    AR - 790
    DA - 900
    This is going to sound really stupid but I'm curious how can you have 0.5 of a grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreyaCat)
    This is going to sound really stupid but I'm curious how can you have 0.5 of a grade?
    Short course probably.

ReputationRep:
    QUICK QUESTION GUYS...

While filling in the UCAS form do we need to put the uni's according to choices ??

like which uni as first choice, 2nd choice ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiam)
    QUICK QUESTION GUYS...

While filling in the UCAS form do we need to put the uni's according to choices ??

like which uni as first choice, 2nd choice ??
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Shortcourse in RS

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys score when you do mock BMATs? Gotta get to know my competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hummi_C)
    What do you guys score when you do mock BMATs? Gotta get to know my competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, sorry I'm not taking BMAT, just wondering where you're applying to for the BMAT? (and where else)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    Hey, sorry I'm not taking BMAT, just wondering where you're applying to for the BMAT? (and where else)
    Ah no worries Cambridge and UCL for BMAT, also applying to Birmingham and Bristol
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hummi_C)
    Ah no worries Cambridge and UCL for BMAT, also applying to Birmingham and Bristol
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh sweet. I've applied to Barts, Birmingham, St George's and Hull York

Good luck with tackling the beast (the BMAT) I nearly went for it but then decided that Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL was not really for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    Oh sweet. I've applied to Barts, Birmingham, St George's and Hull York

Good luck with tackling the beast (the BMAT) I nearly went for it but then decided that Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL was not really for me.
    Aha thanks! yeah that's fair enough, they're not for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I called ucas today because I hadn't received a conformation email from them when I applied (Wednesday morning) and it was because my application hadn't gone through properly, so if anyone doesn't receive the apply acknowledgement email I would advice calling ucas.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I called ucas today because I hadn't received a conformation email from them when I applied (Wednesday morning) and it was because my application hadn't gone through properly, so if anyone doesn't receive the apply acknowledgement email I would advice calling ucas.
    Phew! I'm glad you called them. That could have been a bit of a disaster...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.