Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Girls can't be bothered to do any exercise.

And then they complain all day and all night.

They should do some squats.

I heard it works wonders.

ReputationRep:
    Most people on TSR are insecure.

ReputationRep:
    There are too many arse-lickers on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Too many idiots on this forum..

ReputationRep:
    First off, both on Twitter and on here, most of the unpopular opinions aren't unpopular. It's rather annoying.

One unpopular opinion I have is that whilst I don't agree with Russia's anti-homosexuality laws whatsoever, I think they've been blown out of proportion completely because of the Olympics. It's a regressive and depressing law- but being gay is perfectly legal, unlike in a lot of countries... not to mention the punishment for gay propaganda is only a fine I think.

A second unpopular opinion is that I think tattoos generally don't make someone more attractive- unless they're of the Suicide girl mould.

My third unpopular opinion is that whilst "I would", Chelsea Ferguson wouldn't look out of place at Crufts.

ReputationRep:
    Artits such as Kesha, pitbull, flo rida and One direction (and anyone else who has rose to fame because of xfactor) is crap.
    ICT shouldn't be a subject at school
    i like reading and usually prefer the books to the films
    i hate games like call of duty and don't get how they are so popular when they are just releasing the same game 10 times with different maps
    I think that acting, music and art are perfectly fine areas to find a career in
    BTECs aren't equivilant to A levels, otherwise they would be A levels
    I don't think that paramore have gone pop or mainstream
    i dont see the point in twitter
    We should be taught another language like spanish or french (well) from a young age in school
    I dont get why there has to be a new iphone every 6 month when it is barely any different from the last one.
    I think we should seriously reorginise the way government works and people get elected

ReputationRep:
    Religion is the opiate of the people.

ReputationRep:
    World War One was a war crime and a descent into barbarism.

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science should be a compulsory subject along with English, Maths and Science. Students should essentially study 4 sciences including physics, chemistry, biology and computer science.

ReputationRep:
    Feminists don't know what feminism is.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is misunderstood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenH1397)
    Artits such as Kesha, pitbull, flo rida and One direction (and anyone else who has rose to fame because of xfactor) is crap.
    ICT shouldn't be a subject at school Why?
    i like reading and usually prefer the books to the films I like both, though I usually prefer to read the books after seeing the motion picture version otherwise I can't enjoy the film if they get bits wrong :P
    i hate games like call of duty and don't get how they are so popular when they are just releasing the same game 10 times with different maps
    I think that acting, music and art are perfectly fine areas to find a career in
    BTECs aren't equivilant to A levels, otherwise they would be A levels
    I don't think that paramore have gone pop or mainstream
    i dont see the point in twitter
    We should be taught another language like spanish or french (well) from a young age in school Completely agree, yojnger children absorb information so much easier and faster. I wish I had been "made" to learn a language from a young age.
    I dont get why there has to be a new iphone every 6 month when it is barely any different from the last one.
    I think we should seriously reorginise the way government works and people get elected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I think horses are pathetically stupid
    But...but...why?

ReputationRep:
    I think patriotism, otherwise identification with the arbitrary territory into which one was randomly birthed (You're human, not British), and identification with one's cultural/genetic history are ****ing stupid and positively harmful to a sensible and equal society.

I don't actually know if this opinion is unpopular, but I think it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChangeOurWorld)
    I think the TSR is full of racist, sexist bigots who are trying and failing to get laid. It's not a pleasant atmosphere.
    So why are you still here?

ReputationRep:
    ICT shouldn't be a subject at school
    Why? Even a fast food chain employee needs to be able to grasp the basics of technology and computer programmes - I don't think there are any corners of the working world, and definitely not in 'successful' positions, that will not require you to have knowledge of computers. At the very least, it's word, but I've had to use excel for paid work quite heavily from the age of 15, databases for managing my own funds, finances in my society, members of my sports team and finances there too, presentations require ppt skills, - these are basic 'day-to-day' situations in which ICT is required. Without early introduction to ICT people would stumble upon entering higher education and job life. Almost all job application I've ever looked at have had a prerequisite for computer capabilities. Employers would go mad if candidates couldn't even form a table, etc...

I agree with a later post that talks on computer sciences - it would be great to have deeper aspects of tech put into the ICT curriculum. So many children - and adults! - have absolutely zero understanding of how the big machine that sits for hours and hours beneath their fingertips actually works.

ReputationRep:
    People who hate ICT either a) dont understand it b) dont understand the need for it or c) got inappropriately touched as a small child.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the Beyonce obsession. She doesn't even write her own songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Why? Even a fast food chain employee needs to be able to grasp the basics of technology and computer programmes - I don't think there are any corners of the working world, and definitely not in 'successful' positions, that will not require you to have knowledge of computers. At the very least, it's word, but I've had to use excel for paid work quite heavily from the age of 15, databases for managing my own funds, finances in my society, members of my sports team and finances there too, presentations require ppt skills, - these are basic 'day-to-day' situations in which ICT is required. Without early introduction to ICT people would stumble upon entering higher education and job life. Almost all job application I've ever looked at have had a prerequisite for computer capabilities. Employers would go mad if candidates couldn't even form a table, etc...

I agree with a later post that talks on computer sciences - it would be great to have deeper aspects of tech put into the ICT curriculum. So many children - and adults! - have absolutely zero understanding of how the big machine that sits for hours and hours beneath their fingertips actually works.
    Ok calm down god! I never said it wasn't useful but it is incredibly dull. I know how to use a computer but I don't see how there is a whole subject that is about using a computer when you use them and their various programmes in most other lessons anyway. I don't really want to argue tbh. Like the thread states it is an UNPOPULAR opinion so don't act so suprised when you see something you don't agree with.

ReputationRep:
    Ok calm down god! I never said it wasn't useful but it is incredibly dull. I know how to use a computer but I don't see how there is a whole subject that is about using a computer when you use them and their various programmes in most other lessons anyway. I don't really want to argue tbh. Like the thread states it is an UNPOPULAR opinion so don't act so suprised when you see something you don't agree with.
    :P I'm not surprised. I was wondering why - it was an unpopular opinion I can't understand - and so I asked why. Perfectly calm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.