The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by r0l0 tomassi
hey does anyone know when timetables are released? ive tried selecting modules but im pretty sure theyre all mandatory so i have no choice (history and politics). i have a course timetable but it massively overlaps in places but i dont have a personal one yet :frown:

23rd september is when personal timetables will be released on start.warwick :smile:

To See Your Personal Lecture Timetable (PLTT)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 901
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Are you sure? I was going through the letter a few days ago and it stated 'you need to provide bank details etc'. Did yours have it too?

I just went through my letters again (The one labelled bursary and scholarship entitlement for Academic year 2013/2014) and at the bottom it has my sort code and account number, then is followed by..

"Your payments will be paid in to the bank and building society account noted above"

So I assume you don't have to give the details again as it seems they already have them, at least in my case :confused::confused:
How do we set up the bank to pay for Fees/Acomm?
Have anyone of you guys paid the tuition fee and accommodation yet? Or should we receive any nofications from the school first? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cassie2801
Have anyone of you guys paid the tuition fee and accommodation yet? Or should we receive any nofications from the school first? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your using student finance tuition fees will be paid automatically (I can't remember which date), for accommodation we have to set up a direct debit by some point in October (can't remember this date either) not sure how we set up the direct debit atm

edit: for the direct debit you can set it up from start.warick then student records online and there is a direct debit option there. The money for the accommodation has to be in the account you set it up for by 23rd October.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Do we need to give them our bank details, and if so, how?

Original post by s_axo
I just went through my letters again (The one labelled bursary and scholarship entitlement for Academic year 2013/2014) and at the bottom it has my sort code and account number, then is followed by..

"Your payments will be paid in to the bank and building society account noted above"

So I assume you don't have to give the details again as it seems they already have them, at least in my case :confused::confused:

If you go on start.warwick then click Student records online, click on student finance on the left and then in the bottom right of that page there is a box that says "Collecting bank details for payments to students"

I guess it's there, I haven't done it yet as I'm still waiting for santander to send my stuff through for my account :frown:
For the Warwick bursary on the letter that was sent with the amount you would receive and when you would, it includes the details of the account they will pay into (this will be the account used for student finance) it also gives the number to call if you wish to change the account for example if you open a new one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just to ask - for maths- do we need to have selected what modules we want to do? Or do we decide on them when we get there, or do you just turn up to lectures? O.o :confused:
Original post by dragonrabbit
Just to ask - for maths- do we need to have selected what modules we want to do? Or do we decide on them when we get there, or do you just turn up to lectures? O.o :confused:

Apparently option to choose units will open up a week or so before we start and then you can sign up for what you want. It is also very easy to unenrol from a course so it is recommended to sign up for anything that looks interesting and just drop stuff that doesn't live up to expectation. I'm looking at having 140+ CATS to start with but don't plan on finishing that many extra units :L
Original post by dragonrabbit

According to the website we don't have to sign up until we arrive as the induction lecture will explain how to choose them :smile:

No one is taking a register at lectures, if a module looks like it might be interesting then go along to the first few lectures, if you don't like it then stop going, if you do then make sure you register for it on the Online Module Registration system. It is usual to spend the first couple of weeks of terms 1 and 2 going to far too many lectures and then settling down to something sensible.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/undergrad/induction/

Whoops, Jamie beat me to it :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone else planning to see the hangover 3 in the student cinema?!
Reply 911
Original post by superfluid
Do you have an estimate on how long it takes to send one from Germany? Having only one bag to carry around sounds great. Also ryanair wants 50€ for the second bag. :rolleyes:

I expect them to take between two to five days depending on the specific route (I suppose it will be a day faster from Frankfurt or Cologne than from some village in Northeastern Germany). If you want to be sure they don't arrive before you've moved in, send them a day before you leave. Or, if you're really worried, on the same day :wink:
Reply 912
Has anyone got reading lists/list of textbooks we need for the year? No idea where to find these!
anyone else really excited to use the mobile shelving? It says they stop moving if you interrupt the infrared beam along the bottom, but what if someone climbed onto a shelf and then closed it? :evilbanana:
Original post by hello calum
anyone else really excited to use the mobile shelving? It says they stop moving if you interrupt the infrared beam along the bottom, but what if someone climbed onto a shelf and then closed it? :evilbanana:

That looks pretty damn scary to me :eek:
In terms of freshers events I can't afford much but I got a ticket to the Freshers Party (las vegas) is there any other events that are a near necessity>
Original post by SmashingPumpkinP
In terms of freshers events I can't afford much but I got a ticket to the Freshers Party (las vegas) is there any other events that are a near necessity>

Hall Wars, but only if you're in Westwood :wink:
Can I tranfer money through bank tranfering to pay for accommodation and tuition fee? Since I'm an international student :-?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a place on the student room for Westwood people to chat?

I just don't have time for all the non-westwood students :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hello calum
Hall Wars, but only if you're in Westwood :wink:

I'll be there proving Westwood dominance! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending