Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    Thanks guys. At least by being early I could be a bit more helpful for those who still have yet to be interviewed and explain what to expect without giving too many details.
    Thanks. That will be wonderful. It'll be great to get some tips before our interviews. :-)

Good luck to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview tomorrow at 11am, kinda worried because I had a mock interview the other day. The guy said I was quite good but that my answer for why medicine makes it seems quite weak and the fact that I have never shadowed a doctor puts it at a disadvantage.

I know how to answer any questions about King's being a 3rd year biomed at King's and ethical questions don't scare me much, it's just trying to justify why I still want to do medicine despite not shadowing a doctor that scares me so much.

I just hope I can stay confident throughout the interview.
    All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    9 A* 2 As. 800 UKCAT Band 2 and the same a levels as you :-)

I think they MAY be inviting lower UKCATs first. High GCSEs + Low UKCATS first, then in jan maybe we'll get our interviews (fingers crossed)
    Maybe but I think it's all just a bit random tbh bc I got 750 which is sort of middling it but on the stalking page everyone with interview is like 770+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    Maybe but I think it's all just a bit random tbh bc I got 750 which is sort of middling it but on the stalking page everyone with interview is like 770+
    Yeah you may be right. Feels random but I do know more people with 800+ scores who haven't got interviews. Some sort of pattern emerging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Yeah you may be right. Feels random but I do know more people with 800+ scores who haven't got interviews. Some sort of pattern emerging.
    You can have my interview haha! I'm so scared I don't want to gooo

ReputationRep:
    I've got 742.5 in my UKCAT and only 5A*S 5As at GCSE, so pretty mediocre I guess, but I've somehow landed myself with an interview, so if I can get one, chances are a lot of you guys have nothing to worry about!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, congrats on the interview, can I ask how you're preparing for it, I have no idea, this will be my first interview haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehroze1)
    Hey, congrats on the interview, can I ask how you're preparing for it, I have no idea, this will be my first interview haha
    Hey whens yours? mine's on the 5th and i"m so scared just done some research on kings and some generic interview reading of ethical questions and preparing answers to 'why medicine' 'why not a nurse' questions... what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nakedferret1108)
    Thanks man, that makes me feel a bit better. Do you think it's just random selection then? There seems to be no real order to the offers e.g., some people still have no interview invitations with 800+ UKCAT or 10A*+ GCSEs etc.
    There maybe an order but it might be set in a weird way. For all you know you've been shortlisted and they're just working out what timing they should give you keeping in mind that there should be a few other dates open just in case you aren't available for the initial date given.

Also they might have some sort of quota for students who rank lower yet meet the criteria and by giving out the interviews to the, first might help sort this out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey whens yours? mine's on the 5th and i"m so scared just done some research on kings and some generic interview reading of ethical questions and preparing answers to 'why medicine' 'why not a nurse' questions... what about you?
    On the 12th, I have no idea what to expect, and yeah that sounds about similar to what I'm doing aswell, might do a mock interview or something! I wonder what this essay question will be like??!! Is kings your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Essay question?! First time hearing about that

ReputationRep:
    Essay question?! First time hearing about that
    What will happen on the day

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys...Congrats to those who have got interviews. I haven't heard anything yet unfortunatly. :'(
    I out wanted to know how you guys got informed about the interviews. Did it show on track or did u get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehroze1)
    What will happen on the day

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.
    Thanks for the info! At least I can expect this tomorrow. Good thing I memorised the principles of being a doctor and the guidelines set by the GMC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priya_Biju)
    Hi guys...Congrats to those who have got interviews. I haven't heard anything yet unfortunatly. :'(
    I out wanted to know how you guys got informed about the interviews. Did it show on track or did u get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kcl myapplication

ReputationRep:
    Haha don't be nervous! You have 1 in 2 chance of getting an offer, according to last year's stats, so you're in a great position. As long as you show confidence and speak well, then they'll select you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info! At least I can expect this tomorrow. Good thing I memorised the principles of being a doctor and the guidelines set by the GMC.
    Yeah no worries man, and best of luck for tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes and feel free to give us any tips after haha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priya_Biju)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.

ReputationRep:
    I agree!!

(Original post by BWFC4life)
    Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.