(Original post by va96)
    Guys I am so annoyed
    I got AAAA at AS
    and am predicted A* A* A for A2
    and got 760 UKCAT and just got rejected
    I am defo gonna call up tomorrow and ask why :mad:
    That's so harsh

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your rejection, best of luck with your other choices. Was it the A100 course you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky to those of you who got rejected, competition is really fierce this year like they said and it seems so with the sort of people getting rejected and their grades. No point ringing up really as they've made up their mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry about all the rejections (look at those awesome UKCAT/academics!). Can't believe I was wishing they'd hurry up with the decisions only yesterday... And now I don't want to find out!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by va96)
    Guys I am so annoyed
    I got AAAA at AS
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Your stats are so similar to mines and i applied with 460 tariff points (yes i am an idiot). What was your tariff point score, if you don't mind me asking? This is so frustrating! I don't understand how they're rejecting applicants with very high UKCAT scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by va96)
    Guys I am so annoyed
    I got AAAA at AS
    Please tell me how it goes since I'm in a similar position to you. I'm so annoyed right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by va96)
    Guys I am so annoyed
    I got AAAA at AS
    So sorry to hear that, do you mind me asking what your UCAS tariff is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambe)
    We were advised not to apply to Barts with 3 A levels but I thought 550 ucas tariff would be ok
    Yeah same. Looking at that document for last year's stats 550 seemed interview quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Your stats are so similar to mines and i applied with 460 tariff points (yes i am an idiot). What was your tariff point score, if you don't mind me asking? This is so frustrating! I don't understand how they're rejecting applicants with very high UKCAT scores
    This is worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)

Please tell me how it goes since I'm in a similar position to you. I'm so annoyed right now.
    I'll let you now and i think my tariff is 460 because our school didn't fricking tell us to put other qualifications on UCAS and without sounding big headed, I got my PS looked over by a barts interviewer and he said it was outstanding!! I am soooo angryy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambe)
    It is just not possible to compete with 3 A levels under the main scheme - that's why the additional scheme has been set up.
    what's the additional scheme? and tbf I called them up and asked them if I would be alright with 3 A2's and she said yeah I would be absolutely fine.. I could have easily carried on the 4th AS if i had known it would make a difference because I was pedicted an A* in it and I know someone got in with 3 alevels, AABB at AS and 710 UKCAT so am so annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambe)
    Yes but applicants ucas tariff was bound to increase after Barts published the 2013 data.
    Yeah, I'm annoyed with myself for choosing it really. Just seems like I have wasted a choice.

ReputationRep:
    Thats why I asked her lol..i regret applying there tbh but oh well..it annoys me though how they have AAAb as the min. grades needed to be offered a place and it's soo wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Yeah sorry, correction 720 is the highest so far. Misread the thread haha.

I guess if 720 is rejected and people with lower than that haven't heard yet there must be a **** load more to come tomorrow :/ eek. It's mean of them to reject before inviting anyone!
    Makes so much more sense though. Cut out people that are way below their idealised standards, then you've got fewer applicants to whittle down to the select few that get invited to interview. That way you have the best (in their terms) people selected for interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch)
    Makes so much more sense though. Cut out people that are way below their idealised standards, then you've got fewer applicants to whittle down to the select few that get invited to interview. That way you have the best (in their terms) people selected for interview.
    Oh dear I only got 670

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unnati212)
    Oh dear I only got 670

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    well reading through all the scores for the people that have been rejected I hope I'm not the only one in the 'i'm so going to be rejected soon' frame of mind.

My ukcat and ucas tariff is like nowhere near as good as everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    well reading through all the scores for the people that have been rejected I hope I'm not the only one in the 'i'm so going to be rejected soon' frame of mind.

My ukcat and ucas tariff is like nowhere near as good as everyone else!
    Do you mind me asking your ukcat and ucas tariff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.