Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)

GL mate - OW would be a great land.
    Didn't get it. Apparently it was a close decision but I they were concerned I "lacked fire in my belly" relative to the other candidates... :doh:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TC2016;53199681]Does anyone have any experience with the Baker Tilly interview? (Corporate finance in particular or just generally?)
    Thanks

I applied to this too but haven't got any news. I wish I could help you. If any one knows the process I would be interested to know as well

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice here:

So I have an offer to work for a small consulting firm abroad in the summer but I'm also in the process with Capgemini for management consulting. Luckily for me, CapG is still interested in my application and gave me a chance to go to their AC in the next coming weeks. However, I have only been to one AC before and with my degree (Marketing) I feel very grateful to even get that far so I don't want to mess up seeing as I have loaddssss of rejections so far =(

I'm not sure to whether to reject the abroad offer (I have 6 weeks or so to reply) and concentrate on CapG? Also has anyone experienced with CapG assessment centre can give me tips I would be sooo grateful? I know there will be an online or written paper test (can someone confirm this please) and will it be different to the one online? Also what can I expect in the interview/group exercise?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I am very nervous for this AC and don't want to mess up.

I can give tips on Deloitte consulting, it doesn't have to a an exchange thing, I just want to help and hope someone else can help me in return.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damseldistressed)
    I need some advice here:

So I have an offer to work for a small consulting firm abroad in the summer but I'm also in the process with Capgemini for management consulting. Luckily for me, CapG is still interested in my application and gave me a chance to go to their AC in the next coming weeks. However, I have only been to one AC before and with my degree (Marketing) I feel very grateful to even get that far so I don't want to mess up seeing as I have loaddssss of rejections so far =(

I'm not sure to whether to reject the abroad offer (I have 6 weeks or so to reply) and concentrate on CapG? Also has anyone experienced with CapG assessment centre can give me tips I would be sooo grateful? I know there will be an online or written paper test (can someone confirm this please) and will it be different to the one online? Also what can I expect in the interview/group exercise?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I am very nervous for this AC and don't want to mess up.

I can give tips on Deloitte consulting, it doesn't have to a an exchange thing, I just want to help and hope someone else can help me in return.

Good luck everyone!
    I think you've fallen into the mindset that so many people do - you've already put so much effort into submitting applications and getting to the AC for Capgemini, it would be a complete waste not to follow your application through to the end.

My advice to you and everyone else is to accept any offers you have and continue with whatever applications you have remaining (unless the offer you already have is 100% the one you will take over any other firm). You have to be selfish about it really as the firm can realistically replace you in an instant - it's not too much hassle for them. Okay so you MIGHT have to make that awkward call in a few weeks and say that the offer you initially accepted you're going to withdraw but they'll understand that you may have a better offer. Employers understand that as graduates you apply to loads of places - because you have to. So accept the offer abroad (so you've got something in the bank regardless) and go to the AC for Capgemini and see what happens. In an ideal world you'll get the Capgemini offer too and then you can choose...which is such a luxury!

It's so awesome going into a job interview without the pressure of knowing you already have something in the bag and to fall back on. Apologies I don't know anything about Capgemini so I can't help you there but if Deloitte ever progress my application I may come calling :P

Good luck with the AC and I hope you understand the above

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice here:

Good luck everyone!
    You'd be mad to turn down the offer when you potentially could end up with nothing from Cap. Accept the offer and wait and see what happens with Cap - you can always decline the first offer at a later date.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for all of your advice , I will just try my best for CapG now.

@wisepirate you can message me any time about Deloitte, I will try my best to help you

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice here:

Good luck everyone!
    What team did you apply if you don't mind me asking. I applied for cg too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bankonthis)
    What team did you apply if you don't mind me asking. I applied for cg too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for transformation team. Yourself? When is your AC

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice here:

Good luck everyone!
    So the Capgemini AC is pretty chilled. I know the group exercise changes but mine was 5 of us around a table, newspapers on table, look through and determine articles that will impact or create opportunities for CapG. Discuss, come up with top 5, and summarise why you selected each of these stories at the end. Standard how well do you work in group and function like a human whilst still asserting your points.

The other part is a case study presentation, on the spot case study and competency interview. This is with one interviewer who is HR and looking for you to tick certain boxes. Bring a handout and/or presentation (in feedback this was one of my big faults). Be very in depth with your competency answers.

Know your area, what it will entail and have a good idea of other areas as well, certain case study questions may bring this up.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for transformation team. Yourself? When is your AC
    I applied for performance improvement. No I haven't got any dates yet, I'm not sure when I will get a date. GL with your AC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgmarcus)
    So the Capgemini AC is pretty chilled. I know the group exercise changes but mine was 5 of us around a table, newspapers on table, look through and determine articles that will impact or create opportunities for CapG. Discuss, come up with top 5, and summarise why you selected each of these stories at the end. Standard how well do you work in group and function like a human whilst still asserting your points.

The other part is a case study presentation, on the spot case study and competency interview. This is with one interviewer who is HR and looking for you to tick certain boxes. Bring a handout and/or presentation (in feedback this was one of my big faults). Be very in depth with your competency answers.

Know your area, what it will entail and have a good idea of other areas as well, certain case study questions may bring this up.
    Hey I hope the ac went well for you. I was wondering if you could clarify the verbal reasoning test whether it is similar to the online version. Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I hope the ac went well for you. I was wondering if you could clarify the verbal reasoning test whether it is similar to the online version. Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, but they gave me feedback and got an offer elsewhere so all come good in the end. And yeah, the verbal reasoning they do on the day is same kind of thing as online.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interviewed with CVA - Corporate Value Associates?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been invited to Deloitte FINANCE consulting final round? Or scheduled a date? Or even had it yet?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for performance improvement. No I haven't got any dates yet, I'm not sure when I will get a date. GL with your AC

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!! Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgmarcus)

Wow this is awesome! Thank you for sharing this.

What was your view about the firm/people? Was there anything you didn't like? Oh, how intense was the case study/interview/on the spot questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by complete weapon)
    Has anyone been invited to Deloitte FINANCE consulting final round? Or scheduled a date? Or even had it yet?
    I'm OT&T consulting but I'm still waiting on my partner interview date after passing the AC on 19th December
    Never get any response to emails or voicemails ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, got a Big 4 offer which does not contain a salary, the salary information section simply states it will be confirmed at a later date. I had a short time frame to decide so I accepted. Has anybody heard about this happening before, seems very strange. Should i keep interviewing for my other apps?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for the first round interview at McKinsey, specifically, what the personal experience interview is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herbdebub)
    Hey guys, got a Big 4 offer which does not contain a salary, the salary information section simply states it will be confirmed at a later date. I had a short time frame to decide so I accepted. Has anybody heard about this happening before, seems very strange. Should i keep interviewing for my other apps?
    Accept it - if you like other firms too carry on with those. If you will take this Big 4 over other firms, cancel those applications.

Salary at the start really does not matter, think about the opportunities and training you will get in your first 2 years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.