Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    actually would like to see cazorla play artetas role tbh.
    Gosh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    actually would like to see cazorla play artetas role tbh.
    I can't believe how many people have tried to tear you apart for this post. If you look at positions maps for Cazorla you will see that he likes to gravitate towards the centre and his passing ability would serve him well there. He is also surprisingly good at tackling and breaking up play, so I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

My major criticism of Cazorla would be that he wastes too many shots and a deeper role would prevent this. Putting him in Arteta's role might be a bit of a push, but don't for one second think that it was a completely ridiculous idea. The only people who should be laughed at are the ones dismissing it out of hand, inventing weaknesses in Santi's game to strengthen their non-existent argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    I can't believe how many people have tried to tear you apart for this post. If you look at positions maps for Cazorla you will see that he likes to gravitate towards the centre and his passing ability would serve him well there. He is also surprisingly good at tackling and breaking up play, so I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

My major criticism of Cazorla would be that he wastes too many shots and a deeper role would prevent this. Putting him in Arteta's role might be a bit of a push, but don't for one second think that it was a completely ridiculous idea. The only people who should be laughed at are the ones dismissing it out of hand, inventing weaknesses in Santi's game to strengthen their non-existent argument.
    It's too big risk. Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    It's too big risk. Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you say, but evidence would suggest that he's more than capable of playing much deeper than he does. The idea certainly didn't deserve to be dismissed in the way it was.

ReputationRep:

Thats why I initialy thought about it (passing ability), his ball retention was only really bad on the wings in big games and his defensive contribution the same but they were both good the season before last when he was playing in his preferred position and on form. The problem mainly is that I dont think he has the discipline to sit there in the middle, Santi thrives off a little bit of freedom and would probably edge up the pitch too much and we would get caught out a lot . 4-1-2-3 is probably a better suggestion if we get a recycler type player in or when ozil is out.

ReputationRep:
    Khedira shirt possibly no longer in Madrid shop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Khedira shirt possibly no longer in Madrid shop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite clearly he is on his way out. AFAIK Khedira is demanding too much, so most likely wont be here next season unless his agent drops the wage demands.

The picture floating around doesn't really mean anything though, his jersey could be behind it.

ReputationRep:
    The presenter today at the welcome part asked Khedira, well are you and Ozil together next season and I was like da***.

But it's apparently confirmed, Khedira will be playing for the Gunners next season.

4 World Champions at Arsenal, amazing.

ReputationRep:
    The only people who should be laughed at are the ones dismissing it out of hand, inventing weaknesses in Santi's game to strengthen their non-existent argument.
    'It'd be a giant catastrophe. His main strength is his technique and dribbling ability, he's prone to being robbed of the ball eg vs Chelsea, defensively weak, lightweight, poor in the air. You'd lose every game 5-1 or 6-0, not just the ones against the big teams '

This is what I wrote. Tell me the invented weaknesses.

Yeah, there's a real non-existent argument to not play a LW/CAM as a CDM
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Is the transfer really confirmed? Arsenal is going to be the FC Germany, as the club would has 4 German World champions in the squad, as you mentioned before. Good to know that German players are very appreciated in London.

Sanchez to Arsenal? I thought he is changing to Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Is the transfer really confirmed? Arsenal is going to be the FC Germany, as the club would has 4 German World champions in the squad, as you mentioned before. Good to know that German players are very appreciated in London.

Sanchez to Arsenal? I thought he is changing to Liverpool?
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    Santi is a limited player. He is good at getting into advanced positions and exploiting pockets of space, but other than that I don't see much else that is very good. His finishing for example, leaves a lot to be desired, he misses too many shots that he takes. Essentially he is an inferior version of Ozil, Ozil's number two.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Oh yea my bad he is replacing Suarez isn't he? Edited that out
    I think so too, as Barcelona has offered 30 Million € plus Sanchez for Suarez. Do you think that Kroos who is changing to Real Madrid is replacing Khedira?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Santi is a limited player. He is good at getting into advanced positions and exploiting pockets of space, but other than that I don't see much else that is very good. His finishing for example, leaves a lot to be desired, he misses too many shots that he takes. Essentially he is an inferior version of Ozil, Ozil's number two.
    What? He had one bad season and he's getting all of this?

His goals are slick. He can score free kicks, he can score from outside the area, in the area, headers.. He can do all sorts! His left foot is as good as his right..

He's so underrated right now :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I think so too, as Barcelona has offered 30 Million € plus Sanchez for Suarez. Do you think that Kroos who is changing to Real Madrid is replacing Khedira?
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...anchez-arsenal

No, apparently Sanchez is leaving to Arsenal. And well replacing is maybe the wrong word. But it might end up so.

A lot of interesting moves going on this summer.

ReputationRep:
    The presenter today at the welcome part asked Khedira, well are you and Ozil together next season and I was like da***.

But it's apparently confirmed, Khedira will be playing for the Gunners next season.

4 World Champions at Arsenal, amazing.

Not like Per and podolski actually did anything.

Schurrle outperformed Ozil aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    'It'd be a giant catastrophe. His main strength is his technique and dribbling ability, he's prone to being robbed of the ball eg vs Chelsea, defensively weak, lightweight, poor in the air. You'd lose every game 5-1 or 6-0, not just the ones against the big teams '

This is what I wrote. Tell me the invented weaknesses.

Yeah, there's a real non-existent argument to not play a LW/CAM as a CDM
    He's not any more prone to being robbed of the ball than most other players on the pitch. His ball retention is, in fact, superb when played in the middle. One game against Chelsea doesn't make an argument.

He isn't defensively weak, especially when played in the middle. I don't really know what you mean by "technique", but Cazorla's main strength is passing.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask the Arsenal fans of the forum a quick question?

I'm just wondering what people think was the main reason for Ozil's dip in form during the Winter part of last season?

Do people think he'll play better this season? Especially after winning the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla should be used exclusively against the weaker sides. I have serious reservations about him in terms of his commitment against the likes of City, Chelsea etc. He's a flat track bully sort of player in many ways.

The notion of him playing in a two man pivot is ridiculous though. Cazorla has little to no tactical discipline and any competent AM would have a field day. He's a luxury player tbf and someone that I wouldn't mind losing if the right offer comes since we have Rosicky as back up for Ozil too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (...) A lot of interesting moves going on this summer.
    Indeed. It seems Arsenal signs Khedira to stabilize the defence in the midfield. Or why Arsenal tries to get him?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.