Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    During the online selection test section, do you have to do the verbal, numerical and competency questions in one go or are you allowed a break in between each one?
    You can take a break. So I did the verbal first, did a break and then took the numerial afterwards

ReputationRep:
    From the fast Stream Twitter account:
    Head of FS Gillian Smith wants to thank all who applied to scheme this year & wants you to know pass mark for online tests will be set Nov18
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankers1088)
    From the fast Stream Twitter account:
    That makes sense because that's the max date that people can take the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marini)
    Hi Guys, just saw that I passed the e-tray. Is anybody else here applying for GCS? There don´t seem to be many people around that are interested in this scheme.
    Hi, I just found out I passed my e-tray, good luck to all those still waiting! I have applied for the Government Communications FS but haven't found many others who have yet, am I right in thinking this is relatively new? I've never done an assessment centre before, pretty nervous.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the Communication FS too, though I'm still waiting for results. Its the first year I believe so no idea on how many of us are going to get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    You can take a break. So I did the verbal first, did a break and then took the numerial afterwards
    Thanks, is that the same with the competence framework question... thing () which follows the two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Bear2014)
    Just checked my e tray and it says successful (assuming this means I passed) and next to FSAC it says 'Awaiting Invitiation'. I'm applying for HR stream, anyone else in the same boat?
    Hi, yes, I'm exactly the same and just hoping I get a date for the FSAC earlier rather than later even if it is for January. Congratulations on your etray results

ReputationRep:
    You too! Do you know if FSAC will be done in regional offices or just in London?
    Yes I'd rather it be sooner so can know what I'm doing either way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Bear2014)
    You too! Do you know if FSAC will be done in regional offices or just in London?
    Yes I'd rather it be sooner so can know what I'm doing either way!
    I would love it to be done in Manchester but from everything I have read I think they are only done in London so it's an overnighter for me.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was quick, my orientation session is on the 1st December-time to book trains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo131278)
    Well, that was quick, my orientation session is on the 1st December-time to book trains.
    Me too! See you there

ReputationRep:
    NI FSAC 6th January

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that is early too, good luck. It all seems to be happening now.

ReputationRep:
    If I am on GFS and it still says awaiting results does that mean definitely amber banded or are there still success/fail marks going out???

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for everybody here, especially those who already live in London: How the hell are you going to live with the 28k the Fast Stream pays? As I see it you have to pay at least around 800 pounds (probably more) for a small room, most of them being located in dodgy areas. How are you planning to manage?
    I am seriously asking myself if I really want to live in an overcrowded flatshare for at least 3 more years of my life. I am 25 years old and I feel as if it is time to try to rent my own place. I am not a student anymore, and working full-time but still not being able to afford my own place to live somehow sounds wrong to me. And then there are the living costs, transportation, etc. Can you afford anything else, dinner with friends or just going for drinks when you feel like it, or do activities like this involve financial planning? Please correct me, but I feel that the quality of life wouldn´t be very good. Is the FS really worth it? I would love to hear your experience.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for everybody here, especially those who already live in London: How the hell are you going to live with the 28k the Fast Stream pays? As I see it you have to pay at least around 800 pounds (probably more) for a small room, most of them being located in dodgy areas. How are you planning to manage?
    I am seriously asking myself if I really want to live in an overcrowded flatshare for at least 3 more years of my life. I am 25 years old and I feel as if it is time to try to rent my own place. I am not a student anymore, and working full-time but still not being able to afford my own place to live somehow sounds wrong to me. And then there are the living costs, transportation, etc. Can you afford anything else, dinner with friends or just going for drinks when you feel like it, or do activities like this involve financial planning? Please correct me, but I feel that the quality of life wouldn´t be very good. Is the FS really worth it? I would love to hear your experience.
    I agree, it is a major thing to be considered especially by myself. I'm a mature applicant who has an apartment in a really nice area already so it means throwing all that I have built up over the past 6 years... I will have to bin all my furniture Financially, I think maybe you have to focus on the long term and where the FS can take you. Plus, you may not even get a place so no major decisions need to be made yet.

ReputationRep:
    Same here - I currently live on my own in Manchester and have accumulated a lot of stuff that would have to go into storage and my standard of living would drop - but maybe 2 steps back to take 3 forwards...

ReputationRep:

You can definitely get a nice room in a flatshare for way less than 800 pounds a months - okayish ones start from maybe £450. For £800 you could get a studio flat quite happily.

Would also be interested to hear how people actually on the FS have found it, though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I know people staying in a decent 4 bedroom house in Wood Green (zone 3 or 4 I think) for £450/mo each. It's definitely do-able. You will probably only be able to pick one out of being central, having a vaguely nice house/flat, and having a lot of money left over for having fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartdavidparker)
    If I am on GFS and it still says awaiting results does that mean definitely amber banded or are there still success/fail marks going out???
    That's what I'm worried about! I found out my result for he numerical/verbal/competency ones within a couple of hours a few weeks ago...so I was hoping I'd have the same luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.