Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    after reading this stuff about people getting A*A*A offers I'm really worried since I'm predicted 3 A*'s... should I have got my school to predict me lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    after reading this stuff about people getting A*A*A offers I'm really worried since I'm predicted 3 A*'s... should I have got my school to predict me lower?
    If you've been predicted 3A*s then you should have no problem getting 2A*s, although it depends how lenient your school are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    8 unis lol?
    This is just a shortlist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danialani_)
    Congratulations! When did you apply?
    Thank you! my application got sent off on 17th October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Sounds good Bristol give out contexual offers to people who come from bad schools so check if you meet the criteria as it may come in handy! a*a*b is really good just make sure you have a cracking personal statement! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well our school didn't do that well in AS levels.Less than 5% of the students got A's at AS levels.I'd be happy if they give me an offer.I can still push that B to an A.Hence,I am applying after my first term internal exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Well our school didn't do that well in AS levels.Less than 5% of the students got A's at AS levels.I'd be happy if they give me an offer.I can still push that B to an A.Hence,I am applying after my first term internal exams.
    Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnetic19)
    Okay so spoke on the phone to Exeter regarding the A*A*A offers and they said that their trying to ensure they get the best possible students.
    We said that they're not going to because the best students are just going to reject them with that offer.
    Sent an email to the admissions econ people specifically and will see what they have to say about it.
    I phoned up too and they said if you are predicted high they want to encourage you to get "the best grades you can" which is why they are offering outside their normal range. If you put it as your first choice and did not get the required grades they would "review" your application (possibly let you in anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    I think both of these are on par with eachother it terms of reputation, quality of teaching, job prospects etc. the only pro I can see that LSE over Cambridge is that it's in London therefore you are bound to have more fun than you are than in Cambridge; In terms of clubs and bars and events LSE is 100x better. However, LSE being in LDN also means that it will be MUCH more expensive than cambridge!
    yeah this is basically my dilemma! I hope one of them rejects me so I don't have to choose haha. I guess the only thing Cambridge has over the lse is the name, that's about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubblyKYP)
    Thank you! my application got sent off on 17th October
    Ah same here! Fingers crossed then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayowapops)
    Hi I'm thinking of applying for Economics e my predicted grades are AAC in ICT,Economics and Maths. Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer from any good unis
    You usually need an A in maths to do economics at a good uni

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm thinking of applying for Economics e my predicted grades are AAC in ICT,Economics and Maths. Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer from any good unis
    Your best shot is probably universities that don't require maths, so maybe Newcastle or somewhere like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Your best shot is probably universities that don't require maths, so maybe Newcastle or somewhere like that?
    Do you know any other universities like newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know any other universities like newcastle.
    http://www.entryrequirements.com/economics you could take a look on here, the aab ones should probably be ok?

I'd check on the actual uni websites though

ReputationRep:
    So 2 A* AA,2AAA and 1 AAB.Right?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Queen Mary for MSc in Investment and Finance! Anybody else for QM?

(Original post by esha_28)
      Got an offer from Queen Mary for MSc in Investment and Finance! Anybody else for QM?
      Congratulations! I've applied for BSc Economics L100 at QMUL but am still waiting for an offer.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Skill Twix)
      So 2 A* AA,2AAA and 1 AAB.Right?
      Which unis are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Yes lads! unconditional from nottingham!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pyrrhusofepirus)
      Yes lads! unconditional from nottingham!
      Congratulations! Are you a post-A2 applicant?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
      Congratulations! Are you a post-A2 applicant?
      Thank you! yes I am a post A2 applicant

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.