Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    If I remember correctly. Mon-fri 1 once a week you drive. Saturday only once. You Swap alternate weeks. The month was 31 days long. Therfore 4 weeks atleast. So 6x4 = 24, 24/2 = 12. Now the 3 days left could be Mon-wed. Therefore 3 more days for someone. Since maximum number of days I then said 12+3=15.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I remember it as driving alternate days (and Saturdays happening every other week). Dang it, might have misread it then.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly. Mon-fri 1 once a week you drive. Saturday only once. You Swap alternate weeks. The month was 31 days long. Therfore 4 weeks atleast. So 6x4 = 24, 24/2 = 12. Now the 3 days left could be Mon-wed. Therefore 3 more days for someone. Since maximum number of days I then said 12+3=15.

Is this right?
    I calculated it as

5x4 (mon-fri)+ 2 (saturdays) + 3 (mon-wed) = 25

25/2 -> 13 and 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    Think I got CBBC for the first four?

I also know I got a triple CCC and a triple BBB at some point haha
    Me too! I found myself putting lots of Cs at the start and then lots of Bs midway through :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christensenson)
    Oh, I remember it as driving alternate days. Dang it, might have misread it then.
    Ah crap, I think I misread it. Yeah just ignore what I just said haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I calculated it as

5x4 (mon-fri)+ 2 (saturdays) + 3 (mon-wed) = 25

25/2 -> 13 and 12
    I put 13 I hope it's right

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was days too.

ReputationRep:

Is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah dude it's 13. The most possible for them to work is 25: 5 Thursdays, 5 Fridays, 3 Saturdays (every other but assume that they come into the month having just skipped a saturday), 4 Mondays, 4 Tuesdays, 4 Wednesdays.

(5x2)+3+(4x3)=25.

If they swap strictly every other day then the maximum would be 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHJ1)
    Um, the clock was 30 min slower than HER WATCH, no? Maybe I read it wrong. I got E, on time.
    Thank f**k, some one agrees with me!

ReputationRep:

this is what it would look like on a calendar with the days they don't drive crossed out, 25 days of driving, whoever drives first drives for 13 days
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Me too! I found myself putting lots of Cs at the start and then lots of Bs midway through :/
    Madting.

I didn't get an A till around 11 or 12 I think haha.

In other news, does anyone know how Oxford apply the Rasch model to the TSA. Is it that certain questions give different point scores on the TSA model or what?

Fail to see, otherwise, how I managed to get above the cutoff last year when I did the same as this year (didn't finish the paper lolz).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    Madting.

I didn't get an A till around 11 or 12 I think haha.

In other news, does anyone know how Oxford apply the Rasch model to the TSA. Is it that certain questions give different point scores on the TSA model or what?

Fail to see, otherwise, how I managed to get above the cutoff last year when I did the same as this year (didn't finish the paper lolz).
    What tsa score did you get ? so I suppose you got an interview for ppe (?) at which college ?

I feel the same about having too many c's and almost no a's till the end to the point where I considered guessing a's for the last two questions because of the stats haha

ReputationRep:
    Did people finish all the Questions? I had to guess without looking at the question, for 5-6...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ernstol)
    What tsa score did you get ? so I suppose you got an interview for ppe (?) at which college ?

I feel the same about having too many c's and almost no a's till the end to the point where I considered guessing a's for the last two questions because of the stats haha
    Haha! I'm not too sure it was in the 60s and must of been above 61 (the cutoff last year) can't remember the exact score though. Yeah it was for PPE at Catz.

hahaha I guessed BBBB for the last four and apparently 50 was B which is a win considering there was a 4/5 probability of getting only one of them right hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick M)
    Did people finish all the Questions? I had to guess without looking at the question, for 5-6...
    I did practically the same, and looks like a lot of other people did as well!

ReputationRep:
    I did practically the same, and looks like a lot of other people did as well!

With the Rasch Scale people who actually took their time for the last questions and got them right will probably be able to boast their score quite a bit haha. I put b for 50 I think... What did people put for the arnorld and traffic light question ? Had 13 for the working days question I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ernstol)
    With the Rasch Scale people who actually took their time for the last questions and got them right will probably be able to boast their score quite a bit haha. I put b for 50 I think... What did people put for the arnorld and traffic light question ? Had 13 for the working days question I think
    Fairly sure the answer was a, 5 minutes, I don't think it i necessary or the car to stop at either traffic light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BanterTrain)
    Fairly sure the answer was a, 5 minutes, I don't think it i necessary or the car to stop at either traffic light
    I think mine was that it had to wait a the first one but could go through the second one...

ReputationRep:
    it wanted the LONGEST TIME it could take for him to get to work so it was D, 9 minutes. It took him 100+80+180=360s to do the bits inbetween = 6 mins plus 3 mins at traffic lights.

ReputationRep:
    F*ck I thought that calendar month means 30 days. In that case 13 is correct. Not 12

ReputationRep:
    Every question scores one point on the TSA. Anyone who says that questions towards the end count more has no clue what he is talking about.
    However, a Rasch curve for TSA usually transforms low raw scores (e.g. 1/50) to high Rasch Scores (e. g. 14). Very high scores earn their high Rasch Scores. However the medium scores are pretty much leveled out so that each additional point in the midfield only adds relatively little to the Rasch Score. The curve would start high, rapidly rise, slowly rise (middle scores) and then rapidly rise again (high scores).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.