Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)
    Do you have far to go? Yeah I know opposite ends of the country but in reality it takes a long time to get anywhere from down here! at the open day they said they receive 400 applications, give 100 interviews and have approx 27 spaces to fill each year. Yeah guess I'll see you there! X
    Not too far, about an hour and a half on a good day! But nothing compared to yours! And that's quite good, a bit of a confidence boost which was definitely needed! But still a way to go.. Well good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    No they said anytime until March. Last year they gave out offers on Monday 6th January first and then a few weeks later and then just as the interviews went along. Unless I misheard haha
    Ahhh!! Ok. This makes me slightly terrified haha!! I'm not feeling very confident about my chances for manchester met, I'm not really too sure how the interview went. I think I'll probably get a rejection. But I suppose I can only wait and see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    Ahhh!! Ok. This makes me slightly terrified haha!! I'm not feeling very confident about my chances for manchester met, I'm not really too sure how the interview went. I think I'll probably get a rejection. But I suppose I can only wait and see

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might be wrong though, it could be a case of wishful thinking haha. Why do you think you have a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aderyn96)
    Not too far, about an hour and a half on a good day! But nothing compared to yours! And that's quite good, a bit of a confidence boost which was definitely needed! But still a way to go.. Well good luck x
    I don't blame u for going for the later one, goodness knows what time you would of had to been up at for a 9 am start! Yes it is good but I'm trying not to count my chickens just yet, feeling quite nervous about it now lol! Best of luck to you too x

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame u for going for the later one, goodness knows what time you would of had to been up at for a 9 am start! Yes it is good but I'm trying not to count my chickens just yet, feeling quite nervous about it now lol! Best of luck to you too x
    Yes me too! I was excited by the interview at first but now I'm really nervous about the presentation and group discussion so that will be interesting! x

ReputationRep:
    Also I don't seem to be able to add myself onto the table, would you be able to add me on please?

ReputationRep:
    Also I don't seem to be able to add myself onto the table, would you be able to add me on please?
    sure will do! When did you apply and have you applied anywhere else or only NCL? x

ReputationRep:
    I might be wrong though, it could be a case of wishful thinking haha. Why do you think you have a rejection?
    I'm just not sure the interview allowed me to display all that I had researched about Speech therapy, and while I feel I answered the questions well to say some surprised me a bit, but I'm just not sure I'll have made it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    I'm just not sure the interview allowed me to display all that I had researched about Speech therapy, and while I feel I answered the questions well to say some surprised me a bit, but I'm just not sure I'll have made it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same though. That's exactly how I feel about the interviews I've been to so far. I guess we will find out soon

ReputationRep:
    sure will do! When did you apply and have you applied anywhere else or only NCL? x
    I applied 2nd December and I am applying to Sheffield uni, Demontfort, Leeds met and birmingham City as well thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    I applied 2nd December and I am applying to Sheffield uni, Demontfort, Leeds met and birmingham City as well thank you! x
    No probs - done

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same though. That's exactly how I feel about the interviews I've been to so far. I guess we will find out soon
    Yep! We'll just have to keep our fingers and toes crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! Congratulations to you too! And I chose the later time as well, don't think I could have got there in time otherwise! But gosh that's a long journey- good luck! Well i will see you there then most likely! Do you or anyone else know how many people go to interview compared with those that apply?
    I got an email too from Newcastle today offering me an interview for the 28th and I also chose the later time so it looks like we'll all be meeting there :') well done to both of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloud97)
    I got an email too from Newcastle today offering me an interview for the 28th and I also chose the later time so it looks like we'll all be meeting there :') well done to both of you
    Aw Fab! Congratulations to you too! See you there!

ReputationRep:
    Aww congratulations! I shall look forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    Can't add myself to the table either, would someone mind putting me in? I have applied only to Sheffield (under- and postgraduate), sent my application off on 1 December and received an invitation for interview on 13 January just a few hours later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clivia)
    Can't add myself to the table either, would someone mind putting me in? I have applied only to Sheffield (under- and postgraduate), sent my application off on 1 December and received an invitation for interview on 13 January just a few hours later

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your interview - such a quick response WOW!

I have added you to the table

ReputationRep:
    A lot of my friends have been saying that when they've been to interviews and offer days, most people have been there with their parents so I was just wondering if people have been/were planning on going with their parents to interviews? (I wont be as my parents will be working)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloud97)
    A lot of my friends have been saying that when they've been to interviews and offer days, most people have been there with their parents so I was just wondering if people have been/were planning on going with their parents to interviews? (I wont be as my parents will be working)
    Last year my parents dropped me off at interviews but I went in myself (and felt rather brave about it as I hobbled in on crutches!)
    Some people‘s parents came in at first but then left as we went off to do the actual interview. I personally felt better without them as it meant I had one less thing to worry about! But I don't think it matters either way.

Congratulations to everyone receiving interviews - you're one step closer to that offer!
    I remember coming out of my Newcastle interview almost a year ago and just feeling glad I'd survived it - I really didn't think I'd done well enough for an offer. Now I'm preparing for the first exams - don't give up hope!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, hope everyone had a good christmas! Started worrying again today seeing as everyone is back in the office now and i am checking my emails a lot waiting to here about an interview at BCU (if i get one)...I just really hope I get in this year, because Im not sure I could hack another christmas in retail and getting any other job is proving to be difficult!

Anyone heard from BCU since yesterday?

Aimee.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.