Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying BSc Geography and/or in Morton House?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeSteele)
    I'm studying BSc Geog too !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianTee)
    I'm studying BSc Geog too !
    Aw yay! I'm so excited to start!!

ReputationRep:
    Aw yay! I'm so excited to start!!
    So am I I'll be more excited once my accommodation is sorted though xD I didn't get what I wanted so I've been placed on a waiting list :')

ReputationRep:
    So am I I'll be more excited once my accommodation is sorted though xD I didn't get what I wanted so I've been placed on a waiting list :'
    Same! I wanted something self-catered, en suite and on campus, but was offered the complete opposite with Morton House which is catered, shared bathrooms and miles away!! I was put on a waiting list too but after looking into it, where they've offered me doesn't actually sound all that bad so I'm just going for it XD

Speaking of, does anyone know how ironing works?... As in will there be an ironing board provided or do I have to somehow bring my own into my tiny room?

ReputationRep:
    Same! I wanted something self-catered, en suite and on campus, but was offered the complete opposite with Morton House which is catered, shared bathrooms and miles away!! I was put on a waiting list too but after looking into it, where they've offered me doesn't actually sound all that bad so I'm just going for it XD

Speaking of, does anyone know how ironing works?... As in will there be an ironing board provided or do I have to somehow bring my own into my tiny room?
    I'm completely the same, I've been offered McNair Hall but wanted Vine, I'm still gonna try and get Vine, if not I'll look elsewhere for private

They're either going to have 1 iron or no iron, I wouldn't bring one, and if there isn't an iron there you could always nip to town and grab one somewhere cheap

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely the same, I've been offered McNair Hall but wanted Vine, I'm still gonna try and get Vine, if not I'll look elsewhere for private

They're either going to have 1 iron or no iron, I wouldn't bring one, and if there isn't an iron there you could always nip to town and grab one somewhere cheap
    I'd be too scared to go private in first year haha!
    Thank you! I know in Crown they had an ironing board in the lounges but having no knowledge about Morton makes my life that little bit harder... I'll just wait until I'm there and suss it out, and buy one if needs be

ReputationRep:
    I'd be too scared to go private in first year haha!
    Thank you! I know in Crown they had an ironing board in the lounges but having no knowledge about Morton makes my life that little bit harder... I'll just wait until I'm there and suss it out, and buy one if needs be
    Yeah, that way it's better than dragging an iron with you to L'pool and then not needing it
    Whereabouts are you originally from?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that way it's better than dragging an iron with you to L'pool and then not needing it
    Whereabouts are you originally from?
    Haha true! I'm actually from Wirral which is literally a 25 minute drive away from the city centre! XD how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha true! I'm actually from Wirral which is literally a 25 minute drive away from the city centre! XD how about you?
    Oh you're not far away then! I'm from the other side of Liverpool, Southport - 40min drive away XD

ReputationRep:
    Oh you're not far away then! I'm from the other side of Liverpool, Southport - 40min drive away XD
    That's still pretty close!

ReputationRep:
    That's still pretty close!
    That's true I was thinking about commuting, but decided that I'm going to try accommodation instead

ReputationRep:
    That's true I was thinking about commuting, but decided that I'm going to try accommodation instead
    Yeah same with me, plus living in halls is more social etc than living at home!

I also emailed the accommodation team about ironing and they said an iron and a board is provided so heads up for anyone else who was wondering!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing Law and Criminology?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also studying BSc Geography

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing BA Geography / in Mc Nair halls in carnatic ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rginn)
    Yeah I am Finally someone else doing the same
    Did you guys get in? I'm doing this course too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophhhh_)
    Keep seeing things about super fresh and ice breaker, is anyone else buying these before uni? I was going to wait until I moved in but now I'm unsure
    I've heard that the ice breaker thing is a total ****e and a waste of money, so it will be fine if you skip that one

Anyway, anybody here doing Business Economics LN11? If so, nice to meet you and PM me if you'd like to talk to somebody from our course.

I won't be staying at halls, do you have any advice on how to commute? Is it better if I get myself a term or monthly ticket? If so which one do you recommend: mersey travel or arriva? I'll be traveling by bus. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messibility)
    I've heard that the ice breaker thing is a total ****e and a waste of money, so it will be fine if you skip that one

Anyway, anybody here doing Business Economics LN11? If so, nice to meet you and PM me if you'd like to talk to somebody from our course.

I won't be staying at halls, do you have any advice on how to commute? Is it better if I get myself a term or monthly ticket? If so which one do you recommend: mersey travel or arriva? I'll be traveling by bus. Thanks
    Agreed, last year the icebreakers was atrocious. They big it up on social media just so people think it's good. Unfortunately I'm not doing business no, I'll be studying sociology my flatmate last year did that degree though and found it challenging but rewarding. Where will you be commuting from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmcgettigan)
    I'm also studying BSc Geography
    Woo for BSc Geographers 😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.