Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanelleyy)
    Definitely not me :unimpressed:
    Why not? Is it the workload and amount of exams?

(Original post by Martie08)
    Mixed feelings. Kind of excited but it'll fade quickly, and I'm a bit scared at all the work!
    I think the first term will be ok, the main thing is to stay on top of the work. Never get to the point where you have to catch up. I try to be self disciplined with revision :cool:

(Original post by nox1)
    Looking forward to seeing my friends and learning new things, not looking forward to homework and revision. :rolleyes:
    I'm not looking forward to waking up early again! I have done quite a bit of Science and Geography revision, so I'll have a headstart in those subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archaeologist)
    I am, I start on Thursday
    I also start on Thursday. What are you most looking forward to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    I'm not looking forward to waking up early again! I have done quite a bit of Science and Geography revision, so I'll have a headstart in those subjects
    Not looking forward to waking up early either!

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Is it the workload and amount of exams?
    The workload! I have A LOT of coursework that I have to catch up on -_-

ReputationRep:
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I just can't wait to get this year out of the way to make way for college! So buzzed for college xD Can't believe it starts tomorrow... /: Plane home from Paris be late please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    School starts in about an hour today...anxious wait. Wish me luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Had a great first day, no homework!

ReputationRep:
    That's good to hear, in your lessons did you do proper learning or just hanging around?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    That's good to hear, in your lessons did you do proper learning or just hanging around?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Proper stuff, it was basically just a continuation of last year! And I like my teachers as they're all the same as last year. It was nothing particularly difficult, but to be honest it rarely is. We were off the first two periods sorting out planners, timetables, locker keys and photos though.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, lucky! I got history and maths. Done the maths and should probably get started on the history now.. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Urgh, lucky! I got history and maths. Done the maths and should probably get started on the history now.. :mad:
    My maths teacher was happy with me because I was the only one in the set to get an A* in Stats, heh.

ReputationRep:
    My maths teacher was happy with me because I was the only one in the set to get an A* in Stats, heh.
    well done!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Proper stuff, it was basically just a continuation of last year! And I like my teachers as they're all the same as last year. It was nothing particularly difficult, but to be honest it rarely is. We were off the first two periods sorting out planners, timetables, locker keys and photos though.
    I start tomorrow, and I don't feel ready to be thrown back into work again, I'm feeling lazy from the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    I start tomorrow, and I don't feel ready to be thrown back into work again, I'm feeling lazy from the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is me right now ugh, got my timetable today! Tomorrow's lessons aren't too bad for me, but I have PE which sucks, not sure whether to bring my kit or not since it'll probably be theory on the first day but I'll get *******ed if it's practical.

Although the one thing I'm pleased to be back at school for is that I always have more money in term time. If I'm only out a couple of times a week then my parents are more prepared to give me money! I need new makeup and new pokemon game comes out in November so money is good. :')

Apart from that and seeing friends though, I'm kind of dreading it. :c I know it won't be that bad but I'd still rather be off school haha. Waking up at 6AM is horrific.

ReputationRep:
    Had a pretty terrible first day today. Looking forward to the rest of the year...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    First day of Y10 was great

:popout:

ReputationRep:
    had a pretty awesome first day , started additional maths which looks pretty fun but i need some help , I really want an A/A* in french. So far my writing is at A* but for my speaking i keep getting a high B. I do everything he says and make no mistakes whilst making sure my pronunciation is on point , also i know my contents are good because i use phrases that would normally come up in A-level. So what do I do ? keep wasting my time retaking ?

ReputationRep:
    How was everyone's first days? I have mine tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    How was everyone's first days? I have mine tomorrow
    Pretty bad...annoyed with a friend and had a huge headache. Lessons were alright though, got some homework and the Spanish speaking task! Better get to work. Feels weird being a year 11 haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.