Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiptapping)
    Long story, with lots of waiting.

I originally applied to Churchill. After my interview there, I was invited to a pool interview at Murray Edward's for a 2016 start. I had the interview two weeks ago exactly and was told I'd hear back by that Friday, but I didn't, so I emailed ME. They said by Wednesday, but that passed and nothing, so last Friday, I emailed Churchill to ask if they had any information. I was told this morning they received an email on Thursday saying I have an open offer
    Oh so there will be some open offers still yet to be communicated to applicants? I think I will email my college now.
    Well done again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Oh so there will be some open offers still yet to be communicated to applicants? I think I will email my college now.
    Well done again!
    I'd think so. It'd be a lot better if they told us more of what's going on.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiptapping)
    I'd think so. It'd be a lot better if they told us more of what's going on.

Best of luck!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    Doesn't matter THAT much - I got an offer with 5.4, 5.7, 2.5A :P
    Hey remember me?! I got an open offer for medicine at Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Hey remember me?! I got an open offer for medicine at Cambridge!
    YAY! I'm so pleased for you! I was hoping to hear from you soon - a friend of mine at school also got an open offer for Medicine! (he applied to st john's too... 0.o)

Well well done! And omg the wait must've been awful But totally worth it!

ReputationRep:
    YAY! I'm so pleased for you! I was hoping to hear from you soon - a friend of mine at school also got an open offer for Medicine! (he applied to st john's too... 0.o)

Well well done! And omg the wait must've been awful But totally worth it!
    The waiting was horrendous, but I am glad that I got through it! It would be funny if I end up back at St John's after all of this waiting, but I'm wouldn't mind being told that I will be going to Downing College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    The waiting was horrendous, but I am glad that I got through it! It would be funny if I end up back at St John's after all of this waiting, but I'm wouldn't mind being told that I will be going to Downing College.
    Kudos to you indeed! Well, Downing clearly is the best college at Cambridge (the accommodation is amazing, jokes aside) so you'd be very lucky indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Kudos to you indeed! Well, Downing clearly is the best college at Cambridge (the accommodation is amazing, jokes aside) so you'd be very lucky indeed!
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats the new Stephen Hawking building at Caius though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Nothing beats the new Stephen Hawking building at Caius though
    Haven't heard about that! Sounds awesome though, ngl

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard about that! Sounds awesome though, ngl
    What did you get for GCSE if you don't mind me asking? :yes::yep::yep::mmm::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diana99)
    What did you get for GCSE if you don't mind me asking? :yes::yep::yep::mmm::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 10A*s 2As A in FMSQ and A in critical thinking AS level

ReputationRep:
    I got 10A*s 2As A in FMSQ and A in critical thinking AS level
    Wow well done!
    I would love to be in your position in a few years time☺☺😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diana99)
    Wow well done!
    I would love to be in your position in a few years time☺☺😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Haha I would've said the same thing a few years ago

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know someone who wants to apply for medicine next year. Does anyone know of any personalised services (either online or otherwise) that will match an individual’s statistics to every university and tell you where you are most likely to get an interview, based on the entry requirements eg GCSEs, UKCAT, AS’s and personal statement? Rather than doing all the research about all of the universities yourself. Happy to pay a bit for it. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well the DBS form is just the longest thing ever..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuitaringMedic)
    Well the DBS form is just the longest thing ever..
    True dat. I must have done three or four of these for various volunteering/work experience things now.....

And my health assessment form is gonna be a day or two late because the bloodwork for immunisation status still hasn't come back!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choyster54)
    True dat. I must have done three or four of these for various volunteering/work experience things now.....

And my health assessment form is gonna be a day or two late because the bloodwork for immunisation status still hasn't come back!! :mad:
    Same haha! Looking around for all the ID and trying to find my national insurance number takes forever

ReputationRep:
    Hey y'all. International offer holder at Churchill College - on a gap year. A-level chemistry, biology, maths and physics.

Police record done, immunisation and health forms done, IELTS done... Now the long wait till October! Best of luck to those sitting exams in May/June. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, how many of you offer holders (if any) are doing five A-levels, not including stuff like general studies or Welsh baccalaureate?

(Original post by UrbanPapaya)
    Hey y'all. International offer holder at Churchill College - on a gap year. A-level chemistry, biology, maths and physics.

Police record done, immunisation and health forms done, IELTS done... Now the long wait till October! Best of luck to those sitting exams in May/June. Cheers!
    Congratulations! Hopefully I'll see you there in a few months

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.