UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

ryanb97
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone going to the maths post offer open day later this month?
vinkebg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it possible that you'll not receive an offer although it appears on tracks " application being processed " ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
sunn-bro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pruthviamin)
today i got an email asking for my ums grades, is this a good sign? does it mean ive passed some intial stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Says that UCL aren't entirely sure if they want you, and want further evidence of your academic performance to be able to reach a confident admissions decision.
Pharm1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsandhu2)
Hey guys I've applied to both durham and UCL I've got an offer from durham and doubt I'll get it from UCL. But I can see many of you are confused between the two. I mean why UCL is better I mean durham Is awesome but UCL is like ICL and LSE. Then why not.
If I have to choose between UCL and Durham, UCL will be my obvious choice. Looking to the REF 2014 figure, UCL has improved and climbed up to a very top place of the country. Moreover, UCL's international reputation is far better than durham, which may be helpful for people who intend to study/work abroad in the future.
Keith.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know when we have to apply for accommodation? Any time I go onto the website it says that applications are only open for 2014/15 courses :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsandhu2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pharm1996)
If I have to choose between UCL and Durham, UCL will be my obvious choice. Looking to the REF 2014 figure, UCL has improved and climbed up to a very top place of the country. Moreover, UCL's international reputation is far better than durham, which may be helpful for people who intend to study/work abroad in the future.
Yes that is very true.
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Keith.)
Does anyone know when we have to apply for accommodation? Any time I go onto the website it says that applications are only open for 2014/15 courses :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
19th February 2015
JamjamjamT
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ryanb97)
Is anyone going to the maths post offer open day later this month?
I'm set to go to the one on Friday 27th.
JamjamjamT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vinkebg)
Is it possible that you'll not receive an offer although it appears on tracks " application being processed " ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does your Portico say? If it says being Processed by Admissions then I am 95% certain that you will get an offer. However, I could just as easily be 100% wrong.
sabina12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JamjamjamT)
What does your Portico say? If it says being Processed by Admissions then I am 95% certain that you will get an offer. However, I could just as easily be 100% wrong.
Hmm, not necessarily, it means just what it says - that the application is currenly being processed by the admissions team. They can give an offer as easily as they can give a rejection.
JamjamjamT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sabinaraus)
Hmm, not necessarily, it means just what it says - that the application is currenly being processed by the admissions team. They can give an offer as easily as they can give a rejection.
Ummm read my post again - that is exactly what I said
sabina12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ummm read my post again - that is exactly what I said
I did, and the fact that there is a 95% chance of an offer if the portico says "processed by admissions" is completely wrong. Kbye
JamjamjamT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sabinaraus)
I did, and the fact that there is a 95% chance of an offer if the portico says "processed by admissions" is completely wrong. Kbye
Shall I spell it out for you?:confused:
I, (that's me) said that I (that's me & my opinion) was 95% certain that the poster would get an offer. I (again, that's me & my opinion) said that I could be 100% wrong; therefore I (again, that's me & my opinion) believe she will get an offer but I could be wrong. At no point did I say that it was a fact that she would get an offer.
Is it really that difficult to understand?:confused::cool:

Let's wait and see who is correct eh? I believe she will get the offer. What do you think?
cuty123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I live in london, Wembley, is it possible to get accommodation. At ucl?
Because here it says they have not previously lived in or studied in the London area (i.e. within the M25) as a student at a Higher Education Instit
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/applications/eligibility
sabina12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Shall I spell it out for you?:confused:
I, (that's me) said that I (that's me & my opinion) was 95% certain that the poster would get an offer. I (again, that's me & my opinion) said that I could be 100% wrong; therefore I (again, that's me & my opinion) believe she will get an offer but I could be wrong. At no point did I say that it was a fact that she would get an offer.
Is it really that difficult to understand?:confused::cool:

Let's wait and see who is correct eh? I believe she will get the offer. What do you think?
I don't care
Posiedon12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone firming/firmed UCL for Law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
elle77
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone received an offer without being asked to do the questionnaire? I'm a Maths with Economics applicant, and apart from being asked to submit my UMS, I haven't heard anything back

(my application was submitted mid-December btw)
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elle77)
Has anyone received an offer without being asked to do the questionnaire? I'm a Maths with Economics applicant, and apart from being asked to submit my UMS, I haven't heard anything back

I didn't fill a questionnaire
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Posiedon12)
Anyone firming/firmed UCL for Law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be
Iridann
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elle77)

I just got one a month and a half after applying. No extras, just update to portico and track
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads