The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
So what draws you to Canada? For me it has to be all that nature. And the people were lovely. Also went to a nice restaurant and you didn't have to dress up, nice! And nature.

I lived nowhere near that, I also forgot where that is haha. But I heard it's not a bad place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, definitely the fact that it looks so beautiful. All the Canadians I have ever met travelling and at uni have been such friendly, happy people so that makes me think they must have something pretty special going on! Haha I like the idea of not having to dress up!

Whereabouts did you live there? It was very pretty, the further you got from the Army camp, the nicer it was haha. I loved walks following the Rhine, and going into the countryside.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
Need to reply to your message, sorry I haven't been the greatest help lately :sad:
You're fine! Honestly don't worry about it, you've been fab
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have to get my lit review and questionnaire ready for next week not nearly ready
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Antifazian)
Yeah, definitely the fact that it looks so beautiful. All the Canadians I have ever met travelling and at uni have been such friendly, happy people so that makes me think they must have something pretty special going on! Haha I like the idea of not having to dress up!

Whereabouts did you live there? It was very pretty, the further you got from the Army camp, the nicer it was haha. I loved walks following the Rhine, and going into the countryside.
I know right? I can only say the same things about the Canadians that I have met so far!
I think it's probably because they don't have to spend tens of thousands of dollars for hospital costs (;

I lived in Frankfurt (and am currently back here atm like every holidays haha). I do love the German countryside! We've got a pretty decent one here in this area, mountains/hills and all (: Maybe I should go back out there for a ride in the next few days haha.
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ofcourse my university e-journals only have the volumes from 1995 for what I want and I can't get back to uni for a while. Can anyone check whether theirs has Personality and Individual Differences (1990) 11 (6)?
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)
At least it does mean you can juggle work and extra activities tbh and enjoy university in general rather than slaving over uni work all the time!
What exams have you got in Jan? might need a bit of help possibly especially in probability

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's true, last year I did nothing and now this year I'm doing everything under the sun! Will be part of 3 different committees, learning a language, tutoring, ambassador, extra courses and soon to be part of a research division and analyst too, hopefully! It's very tiring!

I'll have Mathematical Analysis and Vector Calculus in January and sure, I'll do my best
(Original post by addylad)
Perfect for chemical engineering?
I think I'll pass
paniking_and_not_revising
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do I see some Canada love on here?

:love:
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My TSR calendar arrived today :awesome:
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Heyyyyy Guyyyyssss

Hope yous had a lovely Christmas!

Just wishing you all the best New Years! Anyone want to share their new year's resolutions?

Ive got quite a few running around my mind Regarding studies, family, friends and (this is a new one) relationship :blush:

Hope yous are having a great fruitful holiday

love yous all :love:

MyName??! xx
paniking_and_not_revising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
Heyyyyy Guyyyyssss

Just wishing you all the best New Years! Anyone want to share their new year's resolutions?

Ive got quite a few running around my mind Regarding studies, family, friends and (this is a new one) relationship :blush:

MyName??! xx
Mine is pretty standard:
Get a 2:1

I don't actually make resolutions concerning other people anymore. Just leads to disappointment

How many do you make?
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyyyyy Guyyyyssss

MyName??! xx
Eat more healthily.
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyyyyy Guyyyyssss

MyName??! xx
Focus more on myself, less on others. Be more productive when it comes to uni. Learn some discipline. That kind of stuff.
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyyyyy Guyyyyssss

MyName??! xx
- Knuckle down and do ****ing unreal on my degree
- Find a lovely guy once I'm ready for something again
- Spend more time with my fab friends & make new ones :awesome:
- Get back to work and start saving for interrailling. Pwn my job.
- Go interailling. Apply for MA programmes.

But my resolution for tomorrow, as petty as it is, is to go out and bring this year to the best end I can. I think my ex might end up being at the club I'm going to tomorrow, so I'm going to make sure I look as good as I can, and have as much fun as possible. Not letting that thing bring me down for one day more.

2015 is going to be my year, and I'm gonna make it happen.
MyName??!
Rep:
?
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
Mine is pretty standard:
Get a 2:1

I don't actually make resolutions concerning other people anymore. Just leads to disappointment

How many do you make?
Best wishes from me! Good luck in all your upcoming exams. Knock'em flying

(Original post by jelly1000)
Eat more healthily.
That really never worked for me
And how've you been?!

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Focus more on myself, less on others. Be more productive when it comes to uni. Learn some discipline. That kind of stuff.
Every time I try to focus on myself, I swear someone is watching me and throws a situation at me! :banghead:
Being more productive at uni requires will, which I know you'll knock out anything coming your way!

And babe? Discipline? Nahhh :teehee: you're great the way you are

(Original post by snailsareslimy)
- Knuckle down and do ****ing unreal on my degree
- Find a lovely guy once I'm ready for something again
- Spend more tithaith my fab friends & make new ones :awesome:
- Get back to work and start saving for interrailling. Pwn my job.
- Go interailling. Apply for MA programmes.

But my resolution for tomorrow, as petty as it is, is to go out and bring this year to the best end I can. I think my ex might end up being at the club I'm going to tomorrow, so I'm going to make sure I look as good as I can, and have as much fun as possible. Not letting that thing bring me down for one day more.

2015 is going to be my year, and I'm gonna make it happen.
Go knock him out of his mind. You can drive him crazy big time! Have fun tomorrow the way it should be. You've seen a lot this year, both good and bad, that will all be in the past tomorrow

And yeap! 2015 is gonna be something else! New, fresh and exciting. We can all do this!

Okay, my speech is over I feel like I'm reciting from anime :teehee:

As for me - I've quite a few myself

- read 5 papers per week, to get back on track with my research after this long weird but exciting holiday

- save up at least half of what I earn/get. Need money to start thinking about my future.

- gain all the experience I need to earn a good part time work at uni or in a research group

- be there for my family and friends as always

- (this is a joint one with the boy) create something, however small/random it may be, with each other. And buy a kotatsu by the end of 2015 :love:
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Best wishes from me! Good luck in all your upcoming exams. Knock'em flying

That really never worked for me
And how've you been?!

Every time I try to focus on myself, I swear someone is watching me and throws a situation at me! [s]banghead[\s]
Being more productive at uni requires will, which I know you'll knock out anything coming your way!

And babe? Discipline? Nahhh [s]teehee[\s] you're great the way you are

Go knock him out of his mind. You can drive him crazy big time! Have fun tomorrow the way it should be. You've seen a lot this year, both good and bad, that will all be in the past tomorrow

And yeap! 2015 is gonna be something else! New, fresh and exciting. We can all do this!

Okay, my speech is over I feel like I'm reciting from anime [s]teehee[\s]

As for me - I've quite a few myself

- read 5 papers per week, to get back on track with my research after this long weird but exciting holiday

- save up at least half of what I earn/get. Need money to start thinking about my future.

- gain all the experience I need to earn a good part time work at uni or in a research group

- be there for my family and friends as always

- (this is a joint one with the boy) create something, however small/random it may be, with each other. And buy a kotatsu by the end of 2015 [s]love[\s]
not too bad thanks, just struggling along with uni work as usual. You?
MyName??!
Rep:
?
Hmm... I swear my list was longer than this.. :lolwut:

Ah well. I want this new year, to actually count as something special :woo:
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
x
Guess who's just applied to do a PhD at Leeds? :gah:
MyName??!
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
not too bad thanks, just struggling along with uni work as usual. You?
You can do this! Try to get the help you need if you're stuck. If anything social, you know where to find me hun.

And I'm good thanks. Currently abroad, coming back in a week's time. Can't wait! Xx
MyName??!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slowbro93)
Guess who's just applied to do a PhD at Leeds? :gah:
No wayyy! Oh my god :shock:
2015 would defo be something else with that! Good luck bro, I really really reaaalllyyyy hope you get it! Fingers crossed!

Also, maybe meeting mathsnerd in May, come along, I can show you around. Unless, you'll be coming during an open day or an interview?!! Wohooo!
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No wayyy! Oh my god :shock:
2015 would defo be something else with that! Good luck bro, I really really reaaalllyyyy hope you get it! Fingers crossed!

Also, maybe meeting mathsnerd in May, come along, I can show you around. Unless, you'll be coming during an open day or an interview?!! Wohooo!
I'm still shocked that I've gone ahead with it! Thanks! Regarding references, do my supervisors email them in or do they have to post them?

Oh? What's he doing up in Leeds?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise