The Student Room Group

Looks wise what would you honestly rate yourself out of 10?

Scroll to see replies

So many people are way too harsh on these threads!
Original post by ravioliyears
Oh damn yeah. Then yh. It did work

Lol, rekt.
Honestly, about a 9.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Honestly, about a 9.

I'd love to see you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I'd love to see you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe at Dagor Dagorath.
Reply 905
Attachment not found

4/10
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Maybe at Dagor Dagorath.

That is when I'm supposed to die :gasp: and it doesn't officially exist!! So lemme see now :blush:
Original post by Multitalented me
I'd say I'm probably about a 4/10 British Asian guy, so a bit below average. What about you? :tongue:

3/10

(OP, I'd say 7)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 908
I'd say a 7/8. :smile:
Negative 20...

Posted from TSR Mobile
In line with my namesake I have taken about 30 minutes to write down all of the (serious) responses in an excel file and found the mean, median and mode so far in this thread. For the ones where people gave a range I averaged, for the ones with/without makeup I averaged (but for the ones that were like '1/10 without 6/10 with' I would just go with 6 because there are limits to modern science and cosmetics can't possibly be that effective).

Turns out people on average aren't being overly critical of their appearances (assuming the mean appearance on TSR actually is 5 and we're not all abnormally attractive).

Mean: 5.6
Median: 6
Mode: 6

There were a lot of 6/10s going on (15% of all responses to be precise).

Someone pointed out earlier on that attractiveness is going to be normally distributed, just like most physical qualities, so somebody that is genuinely 8/10 would probably be a supermodel, just as someone who is genuinely 2/10 would probably have a severe physical deformity. In that respect the variance reported here was ginormous compared to what an actual normal distribution would look like, which probably means that there is a lot of overblowing on either side of average.
(edited 8 years ago)
apparently I look like stormzy from the side so you guys can judge that i guess
solid 9/10.
Original post by Pro Crastination
In line with my namesake I have taken about 30 minutes to write down all of the (serious) responses in an excel file and found the mean, median and mode so far in this thread. For the ones where people gave a range I averaged, for the ones with/without makeup I averaged (but for the ones that were like '1/10 without 6/10 with' I would just go with 6 because there are limits to modern science and cosmetics can't possibly be that effective).

Turns out people on average aren't being overly critical of their appearances (assuming the mean appearance on TSR actually is 5 and we're not all abnormally attractive).

Mean: 5.6
Median: 6
Mode: 6

There were a lot of 6/10s going on (15% of all responses to be precise).

Someone pointed out earlier on that attractiveness is going to be normally distributed, just like most physical qualities, so somebody that is genuinely 8/10 would probably be a supermodel, just as someone who is genuinely 2/10 would probably have a severe physical deformity. In that respect the variance reported here was ginormous compared to what an actual normal distribution would look like, which probably means that there is a lot of overblowing on either side of average.

Great post! I never though aabout attraction being normally distributed. Hmm. Just an interesting post.
Original post by SeanFM
Right, time for some regression analysis of.. something. :s-smilie:

I do feel like doing something a bit more statistically rigorous but I do sort of have an econometrics module I'm avoiding revision for...
Original post by TorpidPhil
Great post! I never though aabout attraction being normally distributed. Hmm. Just an interesting post.

It's probably nearly impossible to find an objective set of criteria that everyone can be measured by. But...

Anecdotally it really isn't very often that I spot people who I think are objectively out-of-this-world attractive and similarly so with people being actually repulsive to look at. Maybe when you watch movies with certain actors/actresses in but I don't think the Hollywood A-list mean attractiveness is going to be the same as the mean attractiveness on the high street. In real life I do see quite a few people who I'd say objectively are a 4, 5 or a 6.

Of course all of this objective stuff goes out of the window once you actually get to know a person, so it doesn't really matter that much anyway.
0/10 for me... 1 if I am REALLY lucky. To be honest, if I was to get into a looks contest with the Gruffallo (a drunk one) he would beat me hands down.
(edited 8 years ago)
The self hatred and false modesty here is contagious so i'm going to say 12/10
Reply 918
average as hell:u:
(edited 8 years ago)
:poo: /10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending