Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padc)
    Same here applied on the 30th of September and no word since I sent off my UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Finger crossed.

ReputationRep:
    English offers anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eimermcauley777)
    English offers anyone??
    Hey, yep, I got an offer for English last week

ReputationRep:
    **** man this waiting game will eventually kill me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calvados)
    WHAT
    Are u already having your Christmas holiday?? Mine starts from Dec 11th.
    Mine starts on the 21st i think!

ReputationRep:
    any Hatfield hopefuls?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for physics Mphys A*A*A came through 16:45

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for sociology this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azafran)
    Anyone heard back from Liberal Arts (Combined Honours in Arts) and/or languages? (American applicant)
    Heya I'm completely new to this thread but I just received an offer from Durham to do Liberal Arts today! Are you doing AP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    Offer for physics Mphys A*A*A came through 16:45
    Congrats! What were your UMS?

ReputationRep:
    Any Ancient History applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomCastles)
    Congrats! What were your UMS?
    Physics module1: Mechanics, 69, 90
    Physics module2: Electrons, Waves & Photons, 150, 150
    Physics module3: Prctcl Skills in Physics 1, 58, 60

Maths module1: Core Mathematics 1, 92, 100
    Maths module2: Core Mathematics 2, 97, 100
    Maths module3: Statistics , 99, 100

I'm sure you're familiar with the layout how were your UMS scores ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    Physics module1: Mechanics, 69, 90
    Physics module2: Electrons, Waves & Photons, 150, 150
    Physics module3: Prctcl Skills in Physics 1, 58, 60

Maths module1: Core Mathematics 1, 92, 100
    Maths module2: Core Mathematics 2, 97, 100
    Maths module3: Statistics , 99, 100

I'm sure you're familiar with the layout how were your UMS scores ?
    Physics:
    Mechanics - 83/90
    Electrons, Waves and Photons - 133/150
    Practical Skills - 58/60

Maths:
    C1 - 98/100
    C2 - 83/100
    S1 - 97/100

Further Maths:
    FP1 - 79/100
    M1 - 95/100
    M2 - 94/100

ReputationRep:
    Do 1st years ever get into University college or is it a waste of time applying? What if the applicant is studying a subject with a low intake?

ReputationRep:
    anyone received an offer for Archaeology and Ancient Civilisation please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomCastles)
    Physics:
    Mechanics - 83/90
    Electrons, Waves and Photons - 133/150
    Practical Skills - 58/60

Maths:
    C1 - 98/100
    C2 - 83/100
    S1 - 97/100

Further Maths:
    FP1 - 79/100
    M1 - 95/100
    M2 - 94/100
    those look great I'm doing further maths A level this year btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_lrob)
    Heya I'm completely new to this thread but I just received an offer from Durham to do Liberal Arts today! Are you doing AP?
    congratz!! When did you apply?
    You're from the States too? I'm from New York (British half is from North Yorkshire).

Kinda sorta doing AP classes? (Can't really say this without sounding annoying aha) My school is super-accelerated, a public (or state, for UKers) school, but functions like a private school. So for example our normal US History class is AP level for example, and 10th grade English is at/above AP level, my Constitutional Law class is considered to be much harder than the AP GovPol class, etc. I took the AP Spanish test in 10th grade, and am currently in AB calc, but those are my only official AP's (US uni's know my school's deal, obviously UK schools don't know/don't really care) using SAT, subject tests + the Spanish score for UK schools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonpopsicle2)
    Do 1st years ever get into University college or is it a waste of time applying? What if the applicant is studying a subject with a low intake?
    They take a proportion of 1st years each intake, they all do, so there's just over 156 rooms there for first year if I remember rightly (don't quote me on that). You can apply of course but it's the most oversubscribed college so there's a greater risk of being pooled to a college you didn't like as much.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Durham for Liberal Arts!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azafran)
    congratz!! When did you apply?
    You're from the States too? I'm from New York (British half is from North Yorkshire).

Kinda sorta doing AP classes? (Can't really say this without sounding annoying aha) My school is super-accelerated, a public (or state, for UKers) school, but functions like a private school. So for example our normal US History class is AP level for example, and 10th grade English is at/above AP level, my Constitutional Law class is considered to be much harder than the AP GovPol class, etc. I took the AP Spanish test in 10th grade, and am currently in AB calc, but those are my only official AP's (US uni's know my school's deal, obviously UK schools don't know/don't really care) using SAT, subject tests + the Spanish score for UK schools
    Thank you!! I'm a Brit, but most of the kids at my school are international so I've talked to quite a few Americans before and they always talk about AP in comparison to IB (which I'm taking). How are you finding the UK uni application progress considering your situation? The American system seems so much more chilled out than in the UK, we are so rigid in our qualifications it drives me insane!

I put my application in around the 7th of October if I can remember correctly, when did you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.