Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No it's deffy 90% @ 3 seconds and 2% @ 18 seconds in the big aqa book.

If you want you can use marsh et al. Or nairne as your eval for this because marsh found that when rehearsal was prevented, duration was up to 2 seconds, and nairne found that when information wasn't overwritten or displaced it could last for up to 90 seconds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysterious M)
    so true :P, but i think somehow managing to get a somewhat acceptable grade overall will give a wake up call hopefully? at the rate i'm going things are going to end badly

But yeah you'd think after so many years of exams we'd learn..
    .... Let's just say I started revising today. We can compare results on the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollyanna1998)
    .... Let's just say I started revising today. We can compare results on the day
    I started yesterday but nothing entered my brain .. like now -.-

Haha if we remember then sure :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uglyula)
    Peterson and PEterson gave 24 students triagrams and had them recall them after 3 second intervals for up to 18 seconds. Then, they had them count backwards from a large number to prevent rehersal. It was found, that when rehersal was prevented, the recall of triagrams went from 90% after 3 seconds to 2% after 18 seconds.
    Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    I started yesterday but nothing entered my brain .. like now -.-

Haha if we remember then sure :P
    Are you revising through the night or going to sleep? I'm undecided... I don't want to crash in the exam but I also want to be able to know what to write.

At least we're in the same position, my friends have all bee revising for months

I have two days between each of my 8 exams to revise for them. Really I suck at motivating myself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusSeizure)
    Day care urgh.

Can someone please provide me with a list of the day-care studies and counter studies too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For day care you want

Sylva's EPPE project study which involved 3000 children who were aged 3 studied up to the age of 7. They all attended a day care, and were compared to a control group. It was found that the children who attended day care for more than 20 hours had higher levels of aggression than the control group who never, this was more noticeable at 40 hours. Also the high staff turnover made aggression levels rise.

Then to counter aggression

Larner's research involved 120 Swedish children. 60 attended high-quality government owned nurseries, 60 never. After studying the children from the age of 18 months until they were ten. She found no difference in the levels of aggression of the children. Therefore she concluded if the child attends a high-quality day care then the child's aggression will not be affected.

In terms of social development

You want to use dillalo who found a negative correlation between the factors of the amount of hours a child stayed in day care and pro social behaviour. Therefore he concluded the longer a child stays the more anti-social and less helpful they will be in peer relations.

Campell is another one I can't remember the study. - Hopefully someone can quote you on it.

Then to counter this you have Clarke-Stewart who I cannot remember what he done, haha sorry dude.

ReputationRep:
    I have a really bad feeling I'm gonna fail this exam I've leaned memory and research methods that I just can't do attachments I keep getting the studies mixed up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you revising through the night or going to sleep? I'm undecided... I don't want to crash in the exam but I also want to be able to know what to write.

At least we're in the same position, my friends have all bee revising for months

I have two days between each of my 8 exams to revise for them. Really I suck at motivating myself...
    Go to bed by 1 o clock and then wake up at 9. You need your eight hours sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kloekayne)
    I have a really bad feeling I'm gonna fail this exam I've leaned memory and research methods that I just can't do attachments I keep getting the studies mixed up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you tried making acronyms etc, like so that I don't get my studies
    Mixed up for encoding etc I've made:
    Dogs sometimes poo
    (D- duration s-stm p- Peterson & peterson)
    Crap joke mate
    (C- capacity j- Jacobs m- Miller)
    Etc....
    They helped me to organise the info into sections

ReputationRep:

Glad im not the only one. I want to stay up but i;m going to sleep because thoughi can last without sleep i think itll make me more likely to forget things + i have lessons before my exam so -.- Sleep and go over it in the morning, Worse comes to worse you revise ur ass for unit 2.

I feel you i;ve got maths+history on wed, eng on fri, this week repeated next week except for eng then s1 after

ReputationRep:
    Glad im not the only one. I want to stay up but i;m going to sleep because thoughi can last without sleep i think itll make me more likely to forget things + i have lessons before my exam so -.- Sleep and go over it in the morning, Worse comes to worse you revise ur ass for unit 2.

I feel you i;ve got maths+history on wed, eng on fri, this week repeated next week except for eng then s1 after
    I have english and history too :O
    And law and creative writing ;(

ReputationRep:
    I have english and history too :O
    And law and creative writing ;(
    Lord if we have the same exact exams im following you now. We can help eachother out and motivate one another as we appear to be in the same position :P

ReputationRep:
    That would be great im new to tsr so I'm still figuring it out. Also, I stick to the rules and theres no way I would do it if there wasn't an exam but there's no way I'm going to the lessons I have before my exam. It would only knock the stuff I'd already revised out of my head. I'm just going to go to the library and go over notes/ anything I dont manage to revise tonight.

Haven't you got any friends in your lessons that you can just get to go over with you what they did in the lesson? You will probably regret it if you go.

ReputationRep:
    Lord if we have the same exact exams im following you now. We can help eachother out and motivate one another as we appear to be in the same position :P
    I replied without pressing the quote-y button thing above.

ReputationRep:
    Going to need it when I started my revision TODAY 😂😂
    Oh gosh are you one of those people that can cram well? How come you left it so late?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Oh gosh are you one of those people that can cram well? How come you left it so late?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can cram well, it annoys my friends. I just can't get motivated i guess? Every time I go to revise I think of something better to do. The fact that I've always crammed for exams probably doesn't help ....

Also I'm lazy and exams don't stress me

ReputationRep:
    That would be great im new to tsr so I'm still figuring it out. Also, I stick to the rules and theres no way I would do it if there wasn't an exam but there's no way I'm going to the lessons I have before my exam. It would only knock the stuff I'd already revised out of my head. I'm just going to go to the library and go over notes/ anything I dont manage to revise tonight.

Haven't you got any friends in your lessons that you can just get to go over with you what they did in the lesson? You will probably regret it if you go.
    Thats a good point, I was considering it but i;m kinda messing up throughout my subjects.. so yeah.. but if i feel like i cant do it then ill skip ofc doubt it though.

But yeah i;m heading off now cause im feeling drowsy and so the morning lesson ill have to skip one so that I can go over this cause i dont know much really,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troytheboy)
    For day care you want

Sylva's EPPE project study which involved 3000 children who were aged 3 studied up to the age of 7. They all attended a day care, and were compared to a control group. It was found that the children who attended day care for more than 20 hours had higher levels of aggression than the control group who never, this was more noticeable at 40 hours. Also the high staff turnover made aggression levels rise.

Then to counter aggression

Larner's research involved 120 Swedish children. 60 attended high-quality government owned nurseries, 60 never. After studying the children from the age of 18 months until they were ten. She found no difference in the levels of aggression of the children. Therefore she concluded if the child attends a high-quality day care then the child's aggression will not be affected.

In terms of social development

You want to use dillalo who found a negative correlation between the factors of the amount of hours a child stayed in day care and pro social behaviour. Therefore he concluded the longer a child stays the more anti-social and less helpful they will be in peer relations.

Campell is another one I can't remember the study. - Hopefully someone can quote you on it.

Then to counter this you have Clarke-Stewart who I cannot remember what he done, haha sorry dude.
    Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A-levels and cramming don't go well together

It's not like GCSE's where you can start revision the night before

But best of luck Guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You and me both, next time i'm not going to leave revision to last minute
    I say that but I've left a Geography exam to do last minute revision for tomorrow 😳😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.