Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    It does seem like they've got a waiting list going on. I haven't had official info yet :no:. I can ask :yes:.
    If you could ask that would be wonderful. I already have 2 unconditionals for Biomedical Science and have had had an interview for medicine elsewehere. It would be great if you could find out as it would reduce tension.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Da_Don_1997)
    If you could ask that would be wonderful. I already have 2 unconditionals for Biomedical Science and have had had an interview for medicine elsewehere. It would be great if you could find out as it would reduce tension.
    I've emailed to find out. They may not tell me, but I'll let you know when I hear.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So I have spoken briefly to the wonderful people in admissions...

All invitations have gone out, however the uni are waiting to hear back from those who have been offered interviews. If people decline their interview then new people will be contacted to replace them.

So everyone was right. Interviews HAVE all gone out but if people decline their interview, more people may be invited - meaning that those who haven't heard may still hear.

(Original post by Da_Don_1997)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for finding this out. I guess competition for Medicine is tough so I can imagine they would have to reject a lot of people. I remember when I sent my ucas application I made an error with my subject choices. However, I emailed them regarding this errror and hope they took that into consideration like other universites, because I didn't get a confirmation email from them.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with your interviews.

Best of Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't received an interview or rejection? Anyone else the same?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic98)
    Haven't received an interview or rejection? Anyone else the same?

Lots of people.

All invitations have gone out, however the uni are waiting to hear back from those who have been offered interviews. If people decline their interview then new people will be contacted to replace them.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people.
    Does the uni link bus arrive where Southampton coach station is?
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Does the uni link bus arrive where Southampton coach station is?
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

The coach station is a 2 minute walk from the central train station where the buses will stop. I don't know if it stops any closer (check google maps it is really really close). Check the Uniink website though :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahya1997)
    Literally just got rejected, but got an interview for UEA at the same time. so gutted though about southampton
    Do you mind me asking what your AS and GCSE grades were?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    firstly well done to everyone who got invited to selection days!!

So basically, I have NO clue as to what I should be reading about to help for the day on 3rd March, can you tell me what ur currently reading around on, and what I should consider focussing on?

any help won't be taken lightly.

Also, does anyone else have their selection day on 3rd March??

BTW shout out to @Neostigmine her posts have been so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So basically, I have NO clue as to what I should be reading about to help for the day on 3rd March, can you tell me what ur currently reading around on, and what I should consider focussing on?

ReputationRep:
    The coach station is a 2 minute walk from the central train station where the buses will stop. I don't know if it stops any closer (check google maps it is really really close). Check the Uniink website though :yes:.
    Thanks
    I called them and we decided to book the train instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any information on how the interview is? questions asked etc and what the group task involves??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas7861)
    Anybody got any information on how the interview is? questions asked etc and what the group task involves??
    Information on the interview isn't supposed to be shared so that all applicants are on a level playing field, but what I do know is that the interview is panel styled and the group task is a simple discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suman2209)
    Do you mind me asking what your AS and GCSE grades were?
    GCSE: 1A* 7A's 3B's and 1C
    AS: CCCCC in maths, bio, chem, psychology and Arabic
    A2 prediction: AAB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by thomas7861)
    Read through this thread. Everything you need and are allowed to know is on here.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Justtryingtolive)
    Hey guys,

You posted in the 2015 entry thread. I've moved it to 2016 entry. All the answers are in this thread for you already :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Have you read this?
    http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicin.../bm5_a100.page

What do you want to know?
    Thanks, I am not sure about the teaching methods - is there pbl, how often, is there more traditional lectures or group work etc. It's just not clear really lol

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between MMedSc and a BSc at Southampton? Is the MMedSc also a year long?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lenamedic)
    Thanks, I am not sure about the teaching methods - is there pbl, how often, is there more traditional lectures or group work etc. It's just not clear really lol
    I think its traditional lectures

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.