Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Thanks for that! Hmm, I kinda wanna call and ask if mines on hold too. Good luck!
    Thanks, you too! They were really nice on the phone, really helpful, I was worried they'd just say they were really busy and had a lot of applications but instead they said told me some stuff and then said they could look up the status of my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Phoned up and my application is on hold while they're deciding the thresholds, they said they should have the threshold in about a week and then its just a matter of going through everyone
    My application is on hold too. I'm feeling really really depressed about this. Don't think I'm going to get in and its so upsetting because I just can't imagine myself doing anything else. I'm so upset because I'm convinced it's going to be a rejection. Did they say the exact date of when the threshold will be set?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc91)
    My application is on hold too. I'm feeling really really depressed about this. Don't think I'm going to get in and its so upsetting because I just can't imagine myself doing anything else. I'm so upset because I'm convinced it's going to be a rejection. Did they say the exact date of when the threshold will be set?
    No exact date! dont despair, you have no idea whats going to happen, at least you havent been rejected at ready, you still have a chance of getting an offer!! Are you applying as an undergrad or grad? If you don't get in its not the end of the world, you can always apply again next year

ReputationRep:
    Im a grad and this is my reapplication. I applied last year to Keele and missed out on getting an interview by one point. I'll be devastated if they don't give me a chance this time round.... I just can't shake the feeling that they're going to rjeect me.

The application process is just so stressful and I feel like I'm walking around thinking about my application for so much of each day. I absolutely hate my current job and can't face doing this for another year so I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in. I just want the suspense over because UCAS has been dragging on for sooo long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc91)
    Im a grad and this is my reapplication. I applied last year to Keele and missed out on getting an interview by one point. I'll be devastated if they don't give me a chance this time round.... I just can't shake the feeling that they're going to rjeect me.

The application process is just so stressful and I feel like I'm walking around thinking about my application for so much of each day. I absolutely hate my current job and can't face doing this for another year so I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in. I just want the suspense over because UCAS has been dragging on for sooo long
    I get you, Im applying as a grad having applied once as an undergrad and am also so worried about being rejected from everywhere. Have you been rejected from everywhere else? and if you were only one point off last year and have improved your application you should have a decent chance! wouldn't give up hope yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc91)

I really feel for you. I hope they let you know soon! Have you considered doing something like nursing? Or midwifery? I know it's not the same as medicine but it's worth a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    I really feel for you. I hope they let you know soon! Have you considered doing something like nursing? Or midwifery? I know it's not the same as medicine but it's worth a thought.
    Thank you! I'm a hospital pharmacist which to me is close as it gets to being a Medic without actually being one! This is why I'm stuck in my career because I definitely don't want to continue with it and don't know what else to do if medicine doesn't work out!

But thank you for your support. It's nice knowing that I can talk to other people who going through the exact same thing. I think my family are fed up of hearing me go on and on about things and they don't understand how stressful it is to wait for news.

ReputationRep:
    I get you, Im applying as a grad having applied once as an undergrad and am also so worried about being rejected from everywhere. Have you been rejected from everywhere else? and if you were only one point off last year and have improved your application you should have a decent chance! wouldn't give up hope yet!
    Yeah I've been rejected from kings and Southampton. Applied to BSMS and waiting to hear back after my interview. That interview didn't go very well so I'm not to hopeful. I just hope they let us hear something soon!!

ReputationRep:
    Mines on hold too Just going to have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Mines on hold too Just going to have to wait.
    Means no rejection though so I hope it works out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Means no rejection though so I hope it works out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is true!! Was so grumpy since I made the call. Ahh that's made me feel a bit better Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Keele is longing it out, man.

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to appreciate how big a process this is for the admissions team but I'm sure they could be quicker. I mean Leeds is bmat so had to wait longer for results than the ukcat, got interview invitations out, interviewed around the same number of people and are supposedly giving out offers at the end of this week or throughout next week... come on keele the wait is pure filth fam

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone waiting on any other uni except for keele, i'm trying not to even think about keele right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnusbane)
    Is anyone waiting on any other uni except for keele, i'm trying not to even think about keele right now
    Im waiting on belfast post interview, interview was in january they said we'd here back in april :/ are you waiting on anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    Im trying to appreciate how big a process this is for the admissions team but I'm sure they could be quicker. I mean Leeds is bmat so had to wait longer for results than the ukcat, got interview invitations out, interviewed around the same number of people and are supposedly giving out offers at the end of this week or throughout next week... come on keele the wait is pure filth fam
    I agree the deadline was October and we're still waiting

ReputationRep:
    i'm waiting for Sheffield and Glasgow and Keele (all post interview). the waiting is driving me mad!

ReputationRep:
    Im waiting on belfast post interview, interview was in january they said we'd here back in april :/ are you waiting on anywhere else?
    I'm waiting on liverpool post interview and cardiff and keele pre interview

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting on liverpool post interview and cardiff and keele pre interview
    thats pretty good, at least you may potentially get into any of the 3 unis still

ReputationRep:
    thats pretty good, at least you may potentially get into any of the 3 unis still
    That would be a dream c:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.