Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whofromwhoville)
    Omg well done you!!!! You must be over the moon! What will your top two be?
    I've had offers from Chester (BCC) and Lancaster (AAB) I had an email from Hope last wednesday saying that within the next 7 days I will hear from them so fingers crossed!

Thanks! I am, especially as I had to repeat year 12 (I got EEUU the first time doing maths/sciences). My firm is Cardiff, likely for the Social Analytics one, and my insurance will be Aberystwyth.

Well done on your offers!

(Original post by HannahI15)
    Ah okay! Thanks! Can't wait for my application to be sent off now!
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    York invited em to an interview for CompSci 4 hours after i submitted my application :O Plymouth and portsmouth both sent me offers the day after, also for CompSci!

(Applying for Psychology)

UEA got back to me within a day, Bristol within 3 days, and Exeter gave me an offer exactly 2 weeks later! Exeter was a surprise because they have a reputation of taking ages to get back to you so that was awesome.

Waiting on Bath and Birmingham - i've only seen 2 people on a particular forum get offers from Birmingham for Psych, and no one from Bath yet. I think Bath take longer for Psychology because it's one of their most competitive courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    Aberystwyth: International Politics & Intelligence Studies (300UCAS offer)
    Birmingham: Political Science & Sociology (ABB offer)
    Cardiff: Social Analytics & Politics (ABB offer)
    Cardiff: Politics & Sociology (ABB offer)
    Swansea: Political Communication.

Have you got any offers so far?
    Ooh were applying for the same Birmingham course! How long after you sent did you get the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomluxiaoding)
    I have obtained offers from Southampton and Durham, Southampton replied a month ago, Durham replied last week. Waiting for cambridge imperial and ucl currently
    What subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparster)
    Got an offer from Southhampton, Birmingham, Exeter and Durham. Durham apparently don't normally give offers till around January (?) so everyone at school is mad at me. Don't expect Durham offers soon in general but Birmingham are on top of things for sure.
    What subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyP123)
    Ooh were applying for the same Birmingham course! How long after you sent did you get the offer?
    about 3 weeks Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers to study geography at Lancaster, Durham, Newcastle and York. Quite surprised I got a Durham offer now as apparently they usually take a while. Just waiting to get rejected from Oxford now and I'm all set!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick, York and Leeds all got back to me very quickly. Durham is taking its time, which is normal, as no one from my school has got an offer from there yet.

ReputationRep:
    I have unconditionals from LJMU, Leeds Beckett, Nottingham Trent, waiting on Hallam and Northumbria. Does anyone know how long Northumbria usually take to get back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicosdream)
    I've got offers to study geography at Lancaster, Durham, Newcastle and York. Quite surprised I got a Durham offer now as apparently they usually take a while. Just waiting to get rejected from Oxford now and I'm all set!
    When did you send your application in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy1237)
    Has anyone got geography offers yet? I'm particularly interested if you have them from Royal Holloway, Nottingham, Southampton, York and Lancaster
    I've applied for York too! Not heard back yet but only sent my application off a week ago. you?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application of on the 13th of October I think, I had to do the early entry thing as I was applying to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaskB)
    I've applied for York too! Not heard back yet but only sent my application off a week ago. you?
    Yeah its been approximately a week for me too! I know I shouldn't be worried but i keep hearing that York is a really fast replier, so its reassuring that they haven't replied to you aswell. Must just be other departments that are the speedy ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KikiB17)
    I have one from Royal Holloway for BA geography
    How long did they take to reply? And what were the grade offer, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    How long did they take to reply? And what were the grade offer, if you don't mind me asking?
    They took a few hours. They sent me an acknowledgement and that evening they sent me an offer. It is unconditional if I firm them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KikiB17)
    They took a few hours. They sent me an acknowledgement and that evening they sent me an offer. It is unconditional if I firm them.
    Wow that's exciting! They told me at the open day that they don't do unconditional s. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's exciting! They told me at the open day that they don't do unconditional s. Congratulations!
    Thanks! That's what I thought but it's something to do with an Academic Excellence Scheme which means if I firm them it's unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Chester could give Warwick a run I reckon, my mate got an offer of them in less than an hour...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about other unis or courses, but Bristol apparently wants to get all the applications in before making offers for their chemical physics course.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.