Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Cazorla is a CM though, he is hardly going to get as much chances from open play than players who play further forward.
    This.

Santi is one of our best players, really don't understand why he gets so much criticism. Works really well with Coq most of the time, it's a shame he got injured.

There are times where, with his talent, he could just smash them and they would give the keeper something to think about but for some reason he just doesn't. He isn't really in the team to get goals though is he, he's never been.

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth doing what we've been trying to do for years :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Ngl, gutted I never went to Highbury. I love the allure of old stadiums. I managed to get to Filbert Street, Maine Road, Burnden Park and Highfield Road during my childhood with my dad and brother, but I loved the Subutteo-esque nature of Highbury. It was so small and compact.
    Remember going Highbury as kid - was literally buzzing for every game that I went to. My old man and I would come out with our voices completely ****ed over.

I did go Filbert street once, was daunting tbh.. was with a friend from school and his dad :lol:

(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Hahaha I meant that I literally slept through it. Had rugby in the morning and was exhausted. Didn't have a ticket for today anyway so it was sweet.

Imo Clock End has a good atmosphere too - best in the ground outside of North Bank. I normally stand there as you can tell by my name and back of blocks 25, 26, 27 are particularly lively. Rocking for big games.
    Today was just dire - I was at 123 today. Had these pricks sitting behind me discussing politics..

You ever go North Bank? It feels like that's where I'd chose my season ticket..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Remember going Highbury as kid - was literally buzzing for every game that I went to. My old man and I would come out with our voices completely ****ed over.

I did go Filbert street once, was daunting tbh.. was with a friend from school and his dad :lol:

Today was just dire - I was at 123 today. Had these pricks sitting behind me discussing politics..

You ever go North Bank? It feels like that's where I'd chose my season ticket..

Highbury was the heart and soul of Arsenal. I wish we'd never left that place.

Go North Bank sometimes for Cat C games and the occasional Cat B game but mainly Clock End as I get cheaper tickets there with my Cannon Club membership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Bournemouth doing what we've been trying to do for years :awesome:
    Can't even beat relegation fodder now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    That's exactly it guess we just don't have ze mental strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Not only is he crucial to your play, but he's crucial to Ozil's play.

No two players have interchanged more passes in 2015/16 than that pair, but Ozil rose to the occasion well without his partner in crime today. A really good result for Arsenal after a week where all the talk was of how they would struggle.
    Yeah exactly most passes in the league also most in the opposition half with 90% pass accuracy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    To be fair it's easy to get complacent against some of the sides down the bottom of the table who are scrapping for every point.

Wenger won't say anything in public, but I bet he's loving this Mourinho meltdown.

ReputationRep:
    You got thrashed by a weekday mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    To be fair it's easy to get complacent against some of the sides down the bottom of the table who are scrapping for every point.

Wenger won't say anything in public, but I bet he's loving this Mourinho meltdown.
    Of course he won't, he values class more than Mourinho values his ego.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I bet he was having a good chuckle watching the Bournemouth game tonight

He's never finished above Mourinho before, somehow I think taht record will be broken this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Having an affair sure is classy tbf

ReputationRep:
    91 year old fan Ernie Finch, who'd been going home and away for 81 years, sadly died on the way to the game today. RIP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Bull****. No proof to suggest this.

You're clutching boo, but it's ok..

It's ok, I promise x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love is cursed by monogamy

ReputationRep:
    Good win, annoyed by Mertesacker and Giroud though. Can never celebrate when the man scores because he really does grind my gears.

Shame about the game in midweek, I feel that the Villa game is so much more important and it's gonna be tough to go there after travelling to Greece and probably taking in the shock of the Europa League. Gonna have to grind out a win next week and hopefully get some early goals to kill the game. Gonna really miss Alexis in these next few weeks.

Plus side; win the next two games and we should be looking to build a small gap over the other teams. Expect Leicester to drop away soon too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Hazard plays on the wing or in behind the striker, he should be scoring/assisting from open play and not scoring all his goals from pens. Cazorla is playing CM/DLP hence not scoring much at all beyond pens, I wouldn't be expecting him to really.

Depends what you mean by CL level...he's probably not CL winner quality but he's certainly not average by CL standards.
    Hazard is a different type of player playing in a different system. Try scoring goals when your starting position is so deep and then when you are actually in an advanced position the defence has completely set...

Arsenal are great because they are good at the 1 touch football and with the pace they have on the counter, they are very good in transition. The runs the players make are quite good as well and you're not playing within yourselves and relying on set pieces most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    You got thrashed by a weekday mate.
    Loooooool, a shocking typo, bringing up games from 2 months ago in a pointless competition to try and wum. Someone be #salty

Real talk shed you need to up your game, don't let you anger at Chelsea affect your wumming abilities, I'd expect that from a wum in training like Lucio but not from a honed professional like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Only 'top' side to win this weekend :clap2:

Well Leicester also I guess.

ReputationRep:
    We should be running away with the league by now. Everyone is so poor It's there for the taking. Come on Wenger drop some money in January and buy some quality

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.