Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FLegend)
    After the email on Friday, surely they will tell us today...
    they close at 5:30 though so why leave 70 emails until 4:45?

ReputationRep:
    they will contact unsuccessful candidates as well right? I don't want to call and have them be like lol.. this means you didn't get one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bris2016)
    they will contact unsuccessful candidates as well right? I don't want to call and have them be like lol.. this means you didn't get one
    When they emailed Friday I didn't receive it until ~5 minutes after the first person posted about it on here, so don't be immediately dismayed. Keep checking for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bris2016)
    the email said "you will be informed of the results" which surely suggests either way. If not it would say "you will be informed if successful"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcafc)
    they close at 5:30 though so why leave 70 emails until 4:45?
    Do you know for sure that it was only 70 who interviewed? I understand that in past years it averages about 80.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.graysinn.org.uk/educatio...ips-and-awards - Stats for 2014/15 on there

ReputationRep:
    I have just phoned. The man on the line apologised for the further delays and said they're "waiting to hear back from the BPTC", whatever that means. I decided not to pursue him on what that was about, because it didn't seem fruitful.

He told me a message would go out within next half hour or tomorrow morning.

I asked him to consider including in the results email an account of why things had been so severely delayed. Hopefully everyone will get to see this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zandstitution)
    I have just phoned. The man on the line apologised for the further delays and said they're "waiting to hear back from the BPTC", whatever that means. I decided not to pursue him on what that was about, because it didn't seem fruitful.

He told me a message would go out within next half hour or tomorrow morning.

I asked him to consider including in the results email an account of why things had been so severely delayed. Hopefully everyone will get to see this.
    That's ridiculous! But thank you for calling them!

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable!

ReputationRep:
    I have heard back from Grays. Via email at 5:58

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murphy39)
    I have heard back from Grays. Via email at 5:58
    rejection

ReputationRep:
    Rejection here too... disappointing, thought interview went really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    Rejection here too... disappointing, thought interview went really well
    same here.. can we reapply?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what your chances would be like with a second application. It is possible in theory. If you didnt join the inn yet you can switch and try a different one.

Im not reapplying - doing the bptc anyway as I already have a pupillage.

ReputationRep:
    Commiserations guys Makes me a bit scared for Lincoln's!

Lincoln House rejections are out by email.

ReputationRep:
    Lincoln House interviews out.

ReputationRep:
    Epic fail of a day - rejections at FTB, 7BR and Gray's. I hope someone on here has had better news! I also felt my Gray's interview went very well, very disappointed. Not quite sure what to do about the BPTC now but oh well, the beat goes on.... Commiserations and congratulations as appropriate!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be disheartened. Additionally don't do the BPTC without a scholarship or Pupillage. Be a paralegal in a litigation firm. It will A) help your chances of getting Pupillage/scholarship B) give you loads of exp C) aid your knowledge of practice and increase your chances of getting better grades.

The BPTC is an absolute sham. Don't put yourself in financial difficult over. You'll probably still be in -school-uni-BPTC-barrister-QC - five easy steps mode. I was and so many of my friends were. Honestly it won't matter. Give yourself a year to recoup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pupillagebound)
    Lincoln House rejections are out by email.
    Has anyone not heard either way?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.