Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    kohli is a one man game-winning machine. even AB cant touch him for class in this form

very intruiging Semi- final lineups
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Remarkable from Kohli. 160+ average when chasing successfully in T20s.

ReputationRep:
    People talking about Kohli like the real story isn't Afghanistan beating a full member.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Afghanis were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nearly beat England (2nd in group) and beat the West Indies (1st in group) but they'll be excluded from pretty much all future international tournaments under the guise of 'competitiveness'.

Wish one of the full members would have the balls to schedule a decent length series against them. Let them, you know, play some cricket. Their scheduled fixtures at the moment appears to be a game against Namibia. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Nearly beat England (2nd in group) and beat the West Indies (1st in group) but they'll be excluded from pretty much all future international tournaments under the guise of 'competitiveness'.

Wish one of the full members would have the balls to schedule a decent length series against them. Let them, you know, play some cricket. Their scheduled fixtures at the moment appears to be a game against Namibia. That's it.
    Fully agree, for me it's the only associate team I enjoy following. But, Cricket is revolving more around the 'money making' teams and I wouldn't be surprised we don't hear from them until the next ICC global event/Asia Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Fully agree, for me it's the only associate team I enjoy following. But, Cricket is revolving more around the 'money making' teams and I wouldn't be surprised we don't hear from them until the next ICC global event/Asia Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Next ICC global event is the Champions Trophy which has 8 teams. After that it's the 2019 World Cup which has 10 teams.

It's just awful, awful governance.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, the big three get richer and the rest have to dine on their scraps and the associates just fade away. Sad.

Inzamam being Afghanistan's coach - might be in line to take over Waqar if as expected he leaves his role. Pakistan could do with someone like Inzamam at the helm, maybe the so-called talented players will buck up their ideas.

Kohli - phenomenal. In the semis, we have Root/Kohli/Kane - which player will be the influence to take their team to the final and win it? Wonder whether the responsibility of Kohli saving his team runs out come the semi finals? Players above him need to help him out.

ReputationRep:
    Darren Sammy - 'We lost the game, they didn't win it', should be giving credit where it's due. Afghanistan were the better team today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Next ICC global event is the Champions Trophy which has 8 teams. After that it's the 2019 World Cup which has 10 teams.

It's just awful, awful governance.
    Real shame.

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan have been excellent all tournament. Definitely deserve this victory. Gayle celebrated with the Afghans after the match, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am a west indies fan. Hope they win the cup from here. I would want a england and west indies final

ReputationRep:
    Any game on a flat pitch I'll back the Windies. Low, turning pitches then it's New Zealand all the way.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dead rubber for SA today.

Amla reckons they aren't finished, but with ABDV wanting his workload managed, is this the last we've seen of this core of SA players?

Steyn has only played once this tournament, too, suggesting his era of limited overs cricket is dwindling. SA - time and time again - opted for Wiese. I expect SL to lose today, personally. They don't play seam well and Rabada, Chris Morris, Wiese/Steyn can exploit that.

I hope Tahir signs off well, too. He has been the shining light for SA in this tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Could listen to Sangakkara talk about batting for days. The man makes it sound, and look, so simple. One of my favourite players
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Could listen to Sangakkara talk about batting for days. The man makes it sound, and look, so simple. One of my favourite players
    He has been giving great demos on Sky Sports, hasn't he? The guy is class. I've heard great things about Jayawardene, too. Plenty of cricketers seem just great all round blokes. Vaughan, Flintoff, Key. I could go on. It seems quite a down-to-Earth sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He has been giving great demos on Sky Sports, hasn't he? The guy is class. I've heard great things about Jayawardene, too. Plenty of cricketers seem just great all round blokes. Vaughan, Flintoff, Key. I could go on. It seems quite a down-to-Earth sport.
    Certainly has. Haven't seen as much of Jayawardene, so can't comment on him but imagine he's similar, both class acts. Agreed, got some really characters as well both on the pitch and in the commentary box. Love it when Bumble is on the mic, Nasser also very funny.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Certainly has. Haven't seen as much of Jayawardene, so can't comment on him but imagine he's similar, both class acts. Agreed, got some really characters as well both on the pitch and in the commentary box. Love it when Bumble is on the mic, Nasser also very funny.
    Bumble is awesome, obviously. Totally different to Boycott, who I can't stand these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Bumble is awesome, obviously. Totally different to Boycott, who I can't stand these days.
    Not a fan either, haven't had to listen to TMS in a good while though, thankfully. Bob Willis is a similar character, but whilst I don't always agree with him he adds a different dimension to the debates. Don't think he's been part of this tournament, though.

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan either, haven't had to listen to TMS in a good while though, thankfully. Bob Willis is a similar character, but whilst I don't always agree with him he adds a different dimension to the debates. Don't think he's been part of this tournament, though.
    Bob Willis is the best because he's the only one not afraid to speak the truth. The rest are all keen on making every other england player in the squad look like a potential great.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.