Turn on thread page Beta

"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    I've lost all my respect for you, and I had quite alot.
    Head. In. Sand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    If this happened in America, at least people would be able to defend themselves.
    Yeah because every American brings their gun to the Justin Bieber gig or McDonalds dinner down the road.

ReputationRep:
    If this happened in America, at least people would be able to defend themselves.
    Yeah, like the people in the cinema in Aurora 2012. Or like the people at the Boston Marathon. Or those at the Charleston church. That worked really well, didn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    It probably will become really common in Europe, sort of like how Lebanon changed. **** happens and you keep moving.
    Yes.

People just need to accept it.
    I will be the first one laughing when they go to war, do thy really think bombing Isis is going to some magically eradicate extremism. Another group will take their place and the cycle will begin again but NOW we will have even more hostility from Muslims for rebombing their lands which will cause more extremism within Europe.

You need to tackle the roots of extremism.
    We need to stop young people joining fascist groups in our political sphere by offering them an alternative viewpoint which is to fight radicalism with peace. Then we need to establish the reasons why so many young British vulnerable people are being swayed into a life of radicalism and actually tackle those reasons so we don't see influxes of future generation British born Muslims joining Isis or other radical groups.

It is called tackling radicalism through secular and religious education. Tackling radicalism through war will just accentuate our problems. It's a reality.

But if not and the likes of hollande still want to go to war and become more racist as a nation, then good luck with that but don't blame Islam for the stupid solutions taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    There's always one isn't there?
    Hollande is really pro-Palestine.

If these terrorists did attack France over Palestine, they're not very clever.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah most people don't take their guns out and about. What a useless comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Head. In. Sand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Yes.

People just need to accept it.
    I will be the first one laughing when they go to war, do thy really think bombing Isis is going to some magically eradicate extremism. Another group will take their place and the cycle will begin again but NOW we will have even more hostility from Muslims for rebombing their lands which will cause more extremism within Europe.

You need to tackle the roots of extremism.
    We need to stop young people joining fascist groups in our political sphere by offering them an alternative viewpoint which is to fight radicalism with peace. Then we need to establish the reasons why so many young British vulnerable people are being swayed into a life of radicalism and actually tackle those reasons so we don't see influxes of future generation British born Muslims joining Isis or other radical groups.

It is called tackling radicalism through secular and religious education. Tackling radicalism through war will just accentuate our problems. It's a reality.

But if not and the likes of hollande still want to go to war and become more racist as a nation, then good luck with that but don't blame Islam for the stupid solutions taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just move somewhere safe, it'll all blow over in a couple of hundred years I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims need to be more open to constructive criticism. We are not saying all 1.7 billion people are terrorists or your religion. We know that killing one innocent is like killing the entire human race but we have to start working together and finding out the root cause of these atrocities.
    The stigma needs to be removed from the community about working with non muslims. Countries like Malaysia, Egypt, Indonesia, etc have started working together and banning books written by extremists such as Muhammed bin Abdul Wahab (father of the Saudi Wahabi sect).
    There needs to be more reform. Imams need to confront people following these extreme sects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Here is a Muslim being anything but silent or supportive of what happened.

When Anders Beverik killed 77 people we did not demand the entirety of Christianity and Christian culture explain itself and demand an official condemnation of that Christian motivated attack from Western Christian leaders.

ZZTop1 that means you hate this person. Why?
    He his fake so he does not get thought of as an extremist . Lets be honest they all stick there asses up in the air face east abd prey to jihadhi john

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    I am ashamed to admit that I am jealous.

Jealous of the 13 year old Parisian boy getting so much love from the world.

Jealous that the people of Paris are receiving so much compassion.

Yet, when I was in Karachi, and when I was 13; when my friends were blown into tiny little pieces by terrorists...when my family members were gunned down by extremists. Or when 5 year old girls were ripped apart by shrapnel while their mothers watched...

I didn't see all the artists I follow send their prayers & thoughts.

I didn't see the Video game fan pages say that the gaming community was behind me, like they did for Paris.

Even some news channels didn't cover my tragedies.

I had not one of my international friends message me asking me whether I was OK.

I was ****ing 13.

And no one asked me if I was OK. No one prayed for the dead in Karachi. And no one changed their profile pictures for me, for my dead family and for my dead friends.

So why the **** should I for Paris?

Why the **** should I give compassion where I never received it? Where I was left alone to rot? Where the same DAY that a bomb would blow up, people would blame the victims themselves?

I guess it's because I am not full of hypocrisy like you. Because I know what it's like. Because your pain is shared. Because you select who is important based on their race & background. You are desensitised to the plight of people that are poor.

So I will still care. I will send my love. I will say that I am Paris & I will change my profile picture. And I will send my endless love & compassion.

But remember.

That when the eardrums of my six year old cousin were ripped to shreds by the same evil people that attacked Paris, you showed her no compassion.

That when I spent four hours looking for the severed fingers of a 5 year old boy because he begged me to find them...

You were silent.

You never said that you were her or him. You never shared a status, or asked how you could help. You left the 13 year old boy alone.

Hence, I am jealous, and I am sorry that I am. I am so, so, utterly jealous.

Stay strong, Paris.
    So 127 people get killed and you whine about how you're the real victim. Stay classy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Yeah, like the people in the cinema in Aurora 2012. Or like the people at the Boston Marathon. Or those at the Charleston church. That worked really well, didn't it? :rolleyes:
    You know I always thought the same, American civilians have a better chance of defence but those situations make me reconsider.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame some off-duty US soldiers weren't there to stop the attacks like they did on the train. It is sad that the bystander effect made no-one in this attack try to take down the attackers.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame some off-duty US soldiers weren't there to stop the attacks like they did on the train. It is sad that the bystander effect made no-one in this attack try to take down the attackers.
    US soldiers were trained to react.
    Civilians aren't.

Of course it would have been better but I feel we should respect the victims.
    It's not their fault if they died.
    What would you have done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    I am ashamed to admit that I am jealous.

Jealous of the 13 year old Parisian boy getting so much love from the world.

Jealous that the people of Paris are receiving so much compassion.

Yet, when I was in Karachi, and when I was 13; when my friends were blown into tiny little pieces by terrorists...when my family members were gunned down by extremists. Or when 5 year old girls were ripped apart by shrapnel while their mothers watched...

I didn't see all the artists I follow send their prayers & thoughts.

I didn't see the Video game fan pages say that the gaming community was behind me, like they did for Paris.

Even some news channels didn't cover my tragedies.

I had not one of my international friends message me asking me whether I was OK.

I was ****ing 13.

And no one asked me if I was OK. No one prayed for the dead in Karachi. And no one changed their profile pictures for me, for my dead family and for my dead friends.

So why the **** should I for Paris?

Why the **** should I give compassion where I never received it? Where I was left alone to rot? Where the same DAY that a bomb would blow up, people would blame the victims themselves?

I guess it's because I am not full of hypocrisy like you. Because I know what it's like. Because your pain is shared. Because you select who is important based on their race & background. You are desensitised to the plight of people that are poor.

So I will still care. I will send my love. I will say that I am Paris & I will change my profile picture. And I will send my endless love & compassion.

But remember.

That when the eardrums of my six year old cousin were ripped to shreds by the same evil people that attacked Paris, you showed her no compassion.

That when I spent four hours looking for the severed fingers of a 5 year old boy because he begged me to find them...

You were silent.

You never said that you were her or him. You never shared a status, or asked how you could help. You left the 13 year old boy alone.

Hence, I am jealous, and I am sorry that I am. I am so, so, utterly jealous.

Stay strong, Paris.
    I don't recall the parts in bold :rolleyes:

If when you heard about the Paris attacks, this was the first thing that came to your mind, and jealousy the first emotion that you felt, then yes, you should be very ashamed.
    As angry as you may be, you should not be surprised. Of course the West will care more about attacks in the West than other atrocities in Pakistan, or in the recent one in Lebanon for example. When the attack on the school in Pakistan happened was it earlier this year or last, many were appalled about it, and it received quite a lot of attention in the news and on social media. I don't think it's fair to call people hypocrites when really we're just not exposed to every single atrocity that happens in world. Certain Western leaders are certainly deserving of such a label, but to come on here and start going on about 'why the **** you should pray for paris' or why you should show compassion and acting as if the people on here or the people talking about Paris are personally responsible for what happened to your family/friends, is quite frankly callous and inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Three terrorists apparently lived in Belgium.

ReputationRep:
    Greek Minister has confirmed one terrorist came through greece as refugee in October

#Refugeeswelcome

ReputationRep:
    A car of terrorists managed to leave Paris last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    A car of terrorists managed to leave Paris last night.
    Source?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Source?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just read it in the Daily Mail online if that's any help?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.