The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

I did the gantt chart in pencil, will they still mark it?
Reply 901
Original post by Aerosmith
I would argue that the IAL papers are the harder past papers, not the UK ones, and I personally think this paper was harder than any of the UK papers. Boundaries will be slightly lower than last year, I would've thought.

100 UMS: 70/75
90 UMS: 63/75

Now for the important boundaries:
80 UMS: 57/75
70 UMS: 51/75
60 UMS: 46/75
50 UMS: 40/75
40 UMS: 35/75

Where on earth are you getting this from? Is it just your predictions based on like 20 TSR members discussing an exam in a students' forum?
Reply 902
Original post by SirAzul
He probably worked out x = 22 instead of 21

I also said 5 at 12:30pm

I did the same as you but I just realised it was in days
Original post by ISAAQAHELP
Grade boundaries:
100 UMS-75 maybe 74
A*-69-only because i got 69 lol.
A-59-it will not be any lower, no recent d1 paper was lower than 58.and there are harder past papers.
B-idk-i never get lower than this so i dunno.

There is no A* in D1. Only 90 UMS. Also the last two papers have been 70 and 71 for full. I know of very few people who finished in time, having done most of the questions correctly. It will not be 75 for full.
Original post by Katiee224
I did the gantt chart in pencil, will they still mark it?

Of course. On the front of the question paper it states pencil is allowed for drawings and diagrams, provided it is dark
Original post by BigChicken
I got 80 as well,

yeah same here
Original post by Mia66
I did the same as you but I just realised it was in days

Oh yeah, sorry I put 12pm (half way through the day) on the 12th day not 12:30pm
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Did you have to simplify 20x + 65y =< 520?

Also I got C=2x+3y. Would this not be right because we aren't given a value for capacity, only relative capacity?

Fine and fine
Original post by hellomynameisr
80 for prims is correct i believe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unknown68
I got extra time and still didn't finish

:/ Likewise.
Original post by Mia66
Was there a question on dijkstras about finding a route via J ? Think I completely missed that question :frown: how many marks Is it worth ?

2 I remember. Maybe 3 but no more than that so don't worry.
Original post by cocacola212
I got C=1.5x+y as the objective line and that works cos y was meant to have a capacity 50% bigger and if you plug in values, it works. make c=9 and you'll see

I got that as well but I think it is wrong but the way that's worded means that for every y there is 1.5x which is the wrong way round cos y had 50% more so it should be 1.5y

Hopefully I'm wrong in calling you wrong because I also got c=1.5x+y really hope that method marks still apply though for the rest even if that's wrong
Original post by pecora
Where on earth are you getting this from? Is it just your predictions based on like 20 TSR members discussing an exam in a students' forum?

Nobody knows what the boundaries are but it doesn't hurt to try and predict them. Based on the fact that this exam was much harder than last year's then I really can't see it being more than 57 for an A...
Reply 913
80 for prims is correct i believe?

yeahh boyyy. How many marks was it?
Original post by boyyo
yeahh boyyy. How many marks was it?

3 i think
was this harder than last years for real?
Original post by GarlicBread01
I did that whole paper in pencil, what happens if some parts dont get scanned? Can the examiner pull out the real paper?
n

As long as it is HB you're absolutely fine
Reply 918
was this harder than last years for real?

Not harder, but too much to do in 90 minutes
There seems to still be controversy over (82 or 80 for Prims) and (11 and 4 or 9 and 5 for linear programming). Need more people saying their answers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending