Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    I can't get my app to work anymore Shows up with my character surrounded by what appears to be a blue ocean and 'GPS not found' I've checked all my settings and I'm meant to be going on a trek tomorrow If anyone has a solution let me know please
    Sure you got your settings right? It usually gives that message if it can't get an accurate reading or can't connect to the GPS. You need to make sure it's on and set on high accuracy. If those are already the settings, I would try restarting the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Sure you got your settings right? It usually gives that message if it can't get an accurate reading or can't connect to the GPS. You need to make sure it's on and set on high accuracy. If those are already the settings, I would try restarting the phone
    Thanks mate that sorted it! Awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    It's better to save up the stardust and not use any; just mass evolve with a magic egg to level up quickly.

Once you hit level ~20 then start to level them up. Since the higher level you are the high CP pokemon you tend to catch, therefore those higher CP pokemon you caught will make your *****y level 10 powered up Pokemon which you spent all your stardust on redundant.
    You could go one further and not use any until level 30. At level 30 you hit the maximum capture CP for wild Pokemon, so levelling anymore won't affect the CP of your new Pokemon.

Of course, saving it all until level 30 is the issue .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Chin up! Whilst you're leveling you want more of those candies anyway
    I'm already level 20 😄.

I've seen Doduo, Lapras, Growlithe, Cubone and the Pokemon Seel evolves into nearby in the last 24 hours and haven't been able to find any of them 🙄.

I've also hatched a Squirtle, Nidoran, 2 Ponyta and a Sandshrew in the last couple of days. I already had all of them but at least I was able to evolve Squirtle and Sandshrew (although their attacks are so weak 😟).

ReputationRep:
    My 10km egg is on 7.5/10. Hope it's something decent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Im on 8.3/10, getting close now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakesidhu)
    Im on 8.3/10, getting close now
    Good luck 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    It's better to save up the stardust and not use any; just mass evolve with a magic egg to level up quickly.

Once you hit level ~20 then start to level them up. Since the higher level you are the high CP pokemon you tend to catch, therefore those higher CP pokemon you caught will make your *****y level 10 powered up Pokemon which you spent all your stardust on redundant.
    I see

Resisting powering up my lovelies is tough.

ReputationRep:
    My 5km egg was a ****ing weedol :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Naming pokemon is my favourite part of this game
    Name:  image.png
Views: 68
Size:  268.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    How do I get berries & how do I get more of them? If I run out do I get them at pokestops or?

I'm lvl7 btw. I lost a Eeeve because of not having berries. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    How do I get berries & how do I get more of them? If I run out do I get them at pokestops or?

I'm lvl7 btw. I lost a Eeeve because of not having berries. :cry2:
    You get the first lot when you level up (7 or 8?) and then once you have some they start dropping from pokestops every 3-5 spins

I'm not convinced they make much difference personally. The stroppy ones wont be caught even with berries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You get the first lot when you level up (7 or 8?) and then once you have some they start dropping from pokestops every 3-5 spins

I'm not convinced they make much difference personally. The stroppy ones wont be caught even with berries.
    Have you unlocked great balls?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, had a bit of a mixed day today.

Found an 1125 Electabuzz near my grandparents' house, which was fantastic. Then met up with some fellow Pokemon Goers and we noticed a lure nearby so we stopped there. During the last 5 minutes of the lure both a Charmander and a Gengar appeared and BOTH ran away immediately. Absolutely devastated .

ReputationRep:
    There's an Electabuzz showing up on the nearby screen, but I've spent the last four hours in the gym and I don't have the will to go and find it

I went out for the first time today since I downloaded Pokemon Go. I was going with my dad to Sainsbury's for grocery shopping. I caught 16 Pokemon by the time I got home :yeah:. I evolved the Pidgey with the highest CP to Pidgeotto, now Pidgeotto CP is 80. The rarest Pokemon I caught was Ghastly and Poliwag. I saw a Pidgeot when my dad parked outside Sainsbury's :zomg: ! I wasted a lot of Poke balls trying to get it, then ran eventually. There was a few Poke stops and 2 Pokemon gyms on the way to Sainsbury's.

Overall, a great experience for my first time out with Pokemon Go :proud:.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This app annihilates your phone's battery...

ReputationRep:

Literally sprinted out my friends house to go find it, I didn't. It ended up despawning, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry...

They really need to fix the ****ing tracker bug.

ReputationRep:
    Have you unlocked great balls?
    how do you unlock great and ultra balls?

I'm lvl7 atm. only play the game when I'm omw 2 a actual :dumbells: gym and back. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    how do you unlock great and ultra balls?

I'm lvl7 atm. only play the game when I'm omw 2 a actual :dumbells: gym and back. :lol:
    It might be level 15 you unlock great and possibly 20 for ultra. I'm only 18 atm.

I'm so lucky there's 4 gyms in a 10 minute walk for me!

ReputationRep:
    Well I went out, after two minutes the Electabuzz despawned

Still, caught an Eevee and hatched three 5km eggs - Cubone, Ponyta and Meowth.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.