The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kw9)
    How do you ask questions/start new posts on the TSR app???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was wondering that too ... I don't get It at all...
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Where do you volunteer? (:

Cool! My friend is taking Graphics and is really enjoying it. Good luck! I'm taking S1 and S2 so we could buddy up every now and then.

It's been pretty good so far but I get sooo much homework. :lol: Out of 19 lessons, I got 16 pieces of homework this week. :mmm:

I volunteer at oxfam twice a week, just 8 hours a week now and I volunteer at my church cafe on Sunday mornings. Sometimes I volunteer in statistics for sports competitions

Ohh really? What's your friend doing for coursework? I am going to focus around Illustration and Print design. One thing I like about Graphics is the research we have to do.

Sure Have you already started any statistics work? atm we are going through the probability laws in lessons.

That's a lot of homework! I think I've had ten pieces of homework so far. At my sixthform our teacher highlights some pages we should go over when we get home.

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    Hi I'm Kane from the West Midlands. I just turned 17

What are your hobbies and interests?
    I like being both outside and online idk. Ive always liked maths but I'm also quite into keeping healthy and staying active.

GCSE's

English Lit - A
    English Language - A
    Maths - A*
    Further Maths - A^
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    Spanish - A
    Geography - A*
    Citizenship - A
    ICT - A
    ECDL ICT - Distinction* (A*)
    (AS Geography) - A

What subjects are you planning to take?
    Biology. Chemistry. Maths and Health and Social Care

Your favourite subject(s)?
    I loved geography at GCSE and AS but now it has to be chemistry.

Your ideal future occupation?
    Something in the medical profession as I already go to a heath focussed school. Dentistry is my top choice but something in biomedicine or forensic anthropology also seems interesting.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or similar interests/career aspirations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaneeeharrisss)
    Introduce yourself
    Hi I'm Kane from the West Midlands. I just turned 17

I like being both outside and online idk. Ive always liked maths but I'myu also quite into keeping healthy and staying active.

GCSE's

English Lit - A
    English Language - A
    Maths - A*
    Further Maths - A^
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    Spanish - A
    Geography - A*
    Citizenship - A
    ICT - A
    ECDL ICT - Distinction* (A*)
    (AS Geography) - A

What subjects are you planning to take?
    Biology. Chemistry. Maths and Health and Social Care

I loved geography at GCSE and AS but now it has to be chemistry.

Something in the medical profession as I already go to a heath focussed school. Dentistry is my top choice but something in biomedicine or forensic anthropology also seems interesting.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or similar interests/career aspirations
    Omg you you've done AS geography so early!! Well done for your exams as well btw, those grades are amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhan99)
    Loving chemistry not struggling doing homework great ,then u have my teacher who says I'm slow ridiculous homework and concerned 😭😡😓 so upset wat if he kicks me out of the course?!?!?
    I'm actually finding Chemistry really easy. But then again, my teacher says that "you don't know what hell is ahead of you".

ReputationRep:
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😩😩 😩😩😩😩 basically sums me up now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fractite)
    I'm actually finding Chemistry really easy. But then again, my teacher says that "you don't know what hell is ahead of you".
    I know!but man I wish he'll be easyJet me

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    My name is Mr. L and i'm 16, one of the younger ones in my year. 25th August 2000 is my date of birth. I'll say no more.- What are your hobbies and interests?
    I enjoy to do brazillian ju jitsu and boxing, I love that a lot.- What subjects are you planning to take?
    I AM taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my AS I hate it- Your favourite subject(s)?
    Maths of course- Your ideal future occupation?
    Really want to become Dr. L by studying medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    - Introduce yourself
    My name is Mr. L and i'm 16, one of the younger ones in my year. 25th August 2000 is my date of birth. I'll say no more.- What are your hobbies and interests?
    I enjoy to do brazillian ju jitsu and boxing, I love that a lot.- What subjects are you planning to take?
    I AM taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my AS I hate it- Your favourite subject(s)?
    Maths of course- Your ideal future occupation?
    Really want to become Dr. L by studying medicine
    Eyy I'm one day older than you!!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who's already planning to do all-nighters due to the amount of work to do? It's horrible! My sociology and math teachers are shooting homework at us like from a machine gun... I already feel as if I am drowning x-) And it's only gonna get worse...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabakuKyuu)
    Am I the only one who's already planning to do all-nighters due to the amount of work to do? It's horrible! My sociology and math teachers are shooting homework at us like from a machine gun... I already feel as if I am drowning x-) And it's only gonna get worse...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not the only one

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to do three brackets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmiggleWiggle)
    Does anyone know how to do three brackets?
    What do you mean by 3 brackets?
    Expanding?
    If so then do the first 2 then do the last one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, my homework is gonna be like an exponential curve - more and more and more as time goes on.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here! Currently in a free period, and writing health and social care coursework! Got 3 other pieces of work for health, and 2 pieces for biology! None of which are small! Slowly giving up already!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    I'm Charlie!

Swing dancing and anything to do with politics and human rights.

What subjects are you taking?
    English Lit, French, Geography, Classical Civilisations

Geography or Classics... I can't choose! I love all of my subjects, so I'm glad I chose well or I'd be regretting everything and probably wanting to drop out

Not really sure... I want to work in the field of human rights and humanitarian aid, but I'm not sure whether I want to go through government or NGOs to do that.

Everyone seems to be complaining about a jump in difficulty or amount of work but I don't really see the difference.... Bit worried lmao

ReputationRep:
    For the people who do classics, what exam board are you guys on?

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is Rohan,
    I am studying maths, chemistry and biology #kill#me#now
    I want to study something science related at uni but not sure what yet.
    I enjoy beatboxing, football, tennis, cricket and skiing.
    If anyones got any tips for getting through this year, then that would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RohanB23)
    Hi my name is Rohan,
    I am studying maths, chemistry and biology #kill#me#now
    I want to study something science related at uni but not sure what yet.
    I enjoy beatboxing, football, tennis, cricket and skiing.
    If anyones got any tips for getting through this year, then that would be great
    My friend is taking the same subjects as you, and struggling! And she got A*'s in biology and chemistry, and A in maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not been active lately, so much work to do

So my targets are CCC but I hope to achieve BBB or better because I want to prove I can do it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.