[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    Trinity, wbu? The Birmingham lecturers were just a bit uninspiring to me - they didn't even know the standard offer! How unprepared can you be?
    That sucks, I loved the English ones! And I'm applying to Queens', good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    That sucks, I loved the English ones! And I'm applying to Queens', good luck!!
    I love Queens, if I got pooled there I'd be over the moon!!! Hope you get in!!!

ReputationRep:
    High five!!!
    History What about you? (Please, omg, don't say history, my application isn't the strongest, I want almost no one applying for Trinity History)
    Hahahahaha, my application is very weak so you needn't worry. I'm applying for econ!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    Hahahahaha, my application is very weak so you needn't worry. I'm applying for econ!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank god - I'm sure it's not very weak if you're taking the time to apply though!
    I have so much respect for Econ, it seems so difficult!!! Natural Sciences and Econ applicants are scary.

ReputationRep:
    I love Queens, if I got pooled there I'd be over the moon!!! Hope you get in!!!
    You too! Maybe I'll see you there or at Birmingham next year 😊

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your UMS average?

ReputationRep:
    Thank god - I'm sure it's not very weak if you're taking the time to apply though!
    I have so much respect for Econ, it seems so difficult!!! Natural Sciences and Econ applicants are scary.
    I think maths is scariest at Trinity, TBH. History seems painful, so much to memorise 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    What's your UMS average?
    We only had UMS for maths, everything else is RAW, so I'm not sure how important it is? How is yours? What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We only had UMS for maths, everything else is RAW, so I'm not sure how important it is? How is yours? What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an 87 average (technically 88 though because M1 is irrelevant) and applying for Econ too. Kind of *****ing myself, because only 12.5% of people in that UMS range got an offer in 2014. However I was told not to worry by several colleges and my school.

I couldn't tell you how important it is anymore, the system has been turned on its head. What UMS did you get in Maths?

ReputationRep:
    I got an 87 average (technically 88 though because M1 is irrelevant) and applying for Econ too. Kind of *****ing myself, because only 12.5% of people in that UMS range got an offer in 2014. However I was told not to worry by several colleges and my school.

I couldn't tell you how important it is anymore, the system has been turned on its head. What UMS did you get in Maths?
    Hahaha, well done! Which college are you going for now? With any luck, we'll hopefully see each other at Cam!
    I did the A2 in maths a year early, scoring 592/600. I'm pretty happy with how it went, but Cambridge is just crazy and I pray to god I don't bomb my ECAA/interview if I get one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think maths is scariest at Trinity, TBH. History seems painful, so much to memorise 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, I decided on Trinity when I saw the History acceptance rate was around 30% !!!! That's higher than most colleges.

God, it is. Remember 100 years of Tudor history, 50 years of in-depth Russia history, and the exam technique, and then write for 2.5 hours!!! I wrote my Russia exam with a bandaged hand for AS because I'd overdone the revision just to know everything! But I love it so it's fun in a way.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, well done! Which college are you going for now? With any luck, we'll hopefully see each other at Cam!
    I did the A2 in maths a year early, scoring 592/600. I'm pretty happy with how it went, but Cambridge is just crazy and I pray to god I don't bomb my ECAA/interview if I get one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Going for St Catharine's! 99% sure I won't get in though

592/600 is AMAZING, you'll be making a VERY strong application! How did your other AS exams go? I got AAAB overall.

ReputationRep:
    Going for St Catharine's! 99% sure I won't get in though

592/600 is AMAZING, you'll be making a VERY strong application! How did your other AS exams go? I got AAAB overall.
    Thank you! No, I'm sure you stand an amazing chance of getting in. St Cat's is super friendly too! I got As in Physics and Econ too I was happy, but my marks are quite average really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    True, I decided on Trinity when I saw the History acceptance rate was around 30% !!!! That's higher than most colleges.

God, it is. Remember 100 years of Tudor history, 50 years of in-depth Russia history, and the exam technique, and then write for 2.5 hours!!! I wrote my Russia exam with a bandaged hand for AS because I'd overdone the revision just to know everything! But I love it so it's fun in a way.
    Hahahahaha, excellent! I'm
    Sure you stand a fantastic chance then! I can't remember a single date, let alone 150 years of history. You're totally crazy (in a good way)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! No, I'm sure you stand an amazing chance of getting in. St Cat's is super friendly too! I got As in Physics and Econ too I was happy, but my marks are quite average really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My target is to get an interview lol, seeing as they interview most people. But even now I think I'll get a pre-interview rejection.

Which college are you going for?

Congrats on your grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana222)
    im also still waiting on ucl what did you apply for?
    Linguistics! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamplemousse.)
    Nice, my teacher doing my reference is ill so my app hasn't even been sent yet are you using the extra space to write on your SAQ?
    I definitely am using the extra space - I've spent my PS talking about literature and linguistics with no mention of foreign languages, which might be a hindrance since my course is all about foreign languages and not purely english! So, I'm writing my 1,200 characters on the other languages which I know which will hopefully show them I'm suited to the course What are you applying for, and to where (college-wise)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxsciencemathsxX)
    Just got a Maths offer from Warwick!
    When did you send your application off? Also, what's your stats(I.e. AS grades and maths + FM UMS),if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Nottingham to study English! Unconditional if I firm it!

I have an offer for Glasgow! AAB!

Anyone know how to check the fee status of my offer?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.