Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Exams for BSc in 3 weeks. Essay due Friday. Work is going... not so well. I cry myself to sleep at night. (not srs)(srs)(don't tell anyone) Missing the clinical years.

I found my stethoscope today. I've worked out that I'm significantly more likely to do proper revision and essay writing while wearing the stethoscope.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Exams for BSc in 3 weeks. Essay due Friday. Work is going... not so well. I cry myself to sleep at night. (not srs)(srs)(don't tell anyone) Missing the clinical years.

I found my stethoscope today. I've worked out that I'm significantly more likely to do proper revision and essay writing while wearing the stethoscope.
    Good luck! :yy:

On that note, I have an essay due tmrw and I'm only 500 words in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    First day off, spend 14 hours in bed and revert to don't give a **** again.

FUUUUUUUU

ReputationRep:
    I hate housemates

I don't think I'll ever be fully happy until I live on my own. I can just see my future as an old hag-like spinster, with 7 dogs, but happy cos I live alone

ReputationRep:
    I like when it goes all in here.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    :no:

Not enough bacon strips.

ReputationRep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Still need more gay bacon strips :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    XX
    Thanks for the laughs man, ****ing need it atm. I think I'm going to get my NHS number from my GP back home and go register with one tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Me too, until I get 10 warning points for ****ing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    What, for spamming the Med Soc thread? Nah, I put a stop to that I thought?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I never seem to get mod raped. I think they just don't like you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Can anyone who understands dermatomes and myotomes and how they are linked explain it to me pleaseeeee! Like how the two diagrams are linked etc Im so confused...or if there are any gd videos that explain it?!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I've worked out that I'm significantly more likely to do proper revision and essay writing while wearing the stethoscope.
    :rofl: +1

(Original post by clarusblue)
    I can just see my future as an old hag-like spinster, with 7 dogs, but happy cos I live alone
    This made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Exam results out today and all satisfactory passes, which means this tonight :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Presentation at 9am tomorrow. Get drunk at 3pm, sober up before? Plan?

I hope this works out. I'm already three beers down and heading for the pub.

ReputationRep:
    Passed my first exam.....attended heinously few lectures (like, about 7) last term, so was content with my 64%....until it turned out the year average was 70, and over 30 people got scores above 90 :facepalm:

feeling a bit disillusioned with medical school generally. not sure if it's because the reality of actually being here is setting in, or if it's because i'm aware i do need to step up my game a lot with the amount im working, but it all just feels very flat. on top of that, our year isn't very close knit in any way, feel like i'm going to be single forever, and i'm desperately missing languages and humanities, and just blearghhhhhhhhh. first year blues maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemo14)
    Passed my first exam.....attended heinously few lectures (like, about 7) last term, so was content with my 64%....until it turned out the year average was 70, and over 30 people got scores above 90 :facepalm:

feeling a bit disillusioned with medical school generally. not sure if it's because the reality of actually being here is setting in, or if it's because i'm aware i do need to step up my game a lot with the amount im working, but it all just feels very flat. on top of that, our year isn't very close knit in any way, feel like i'm going to be single forever, and i'm desperately missing languages and humanities, and just blearghhhhhhhhh. first year blues maybe?
    Sounds like post-honeymoon period first year blues to me! Have always felt a lack of close-knitness with my yeargroup too, far too big for that to happen. Medical school is a string of peaks and troughs to be honest, but you'll manage. Anyway you can take a languages/humanities SSC? I think I'm right in saying Bristol offer an English lit iBSc too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)

I might have to try this.
    I know I don't work in scrubs....

I had a good day some off the cuff teaching and a presentation the F1 liked.
    So left at half 3

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait to be graduated and free from medical school. Im sick of the bull**** and everything that goes with it. Im a retard and they should so very just deal with it!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.