Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa88)
    x
    Regarding the essay, you should probably spent at least 10 minutes planning, as you've said. I think I even spent 20 minutes planning. Literally writing it out doesn't take long, it's more important to have a cohesive structure. I've read examples where it looks like people were just cut off halfway through and doesn't have any sort of concluding paragraph. :/

(Original post by hawkingchampion)
    Oh sweet! I love Dr. Who! I think the fact that Moffat is writing it definitely makes it worthy of checking out. I think I'll watch it on the night after the PAT when I completely unwind!
    Hooray! There are only 3 minutes of 90-minutes each, so it won't take long to get through them, haha.

I'd go on a tv watching spree as well, but the day after the TSA I have a biology test and several other assignments...

ReputationRep:
    Dr Who :sexface: i would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punctuation)
    You live in London, so you've probably been to the SH Museum a hundred times, right? And what about the SH restaurant (I think it's near Trafalgar Sq)
    Alas... no :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doojam)
    Alas... no :getmecoat:
    :O What?! Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Ahhh! A fellow cursed being of the eternal darkness, how lovely ! I'm as well as i can be, and oh, i've decided just to leave all such souls and shizz to Satan and Beelzebub and the sorts. I'm now working on spreading incurable plagues through-out sub-urban New York City Yourself?

:rofl:
    Indeed, my friend, such an unforseen pleasant meeting. Oh, I advised you to quit a thousand times, the severe torture of souls can be quite exhausting. I'm on a special mission from Jacob Marley, planning a trip to Oxford University, checking how a few college apparitions are coping)) Also, the Loch Ness monster almost got caught again, such trouble always. I'm pretending to be an expert and disproving some folks...

ReputationRep:
    Matt Smith says the next season of DW is his last. What is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    :hmmmm2: Yet do you eat meat? Because surely killing a sentient cow is worse than killing an unborn squidge without a properly developed brain.

Of course, if you're vegetarian this argument falls to pieces.
    honestly a bit shocked that you value human life so lowly that you would compare it to that of a cow's

Since the foetus doesn't have a properly developed brain, does that mean it's okay to kill the mentally disabled? the brain damaged?

and I am, awkward

edit: though if it was a choice between killing 200 cows and killing 1 foetus, well, that's a lot of beefburgers. so i'm a speciesist :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I got it off Qwertee! It just arrived today and it came with a pack of Haribo. :yeah:

Yep, Series 2! I watched a bit of Scandal in Belgravia (the first ep) and saw Martin, Benedict, Gatiss.
    I want a pack of Haribo!!! Life is unfair!!

I haven't even seen the trailer. Saving the excitement

ReputationRep:
    :O What?! Why not?
    I have no excuse. Well, except very few of my friends are fans. No, still not good enough.

The shame...

ReputationRep:
    Balliol was the first of many colleges that I saw on the open day and none of the others compared.

*prepares to be verbally beaten*
    Ahh thats good to hear I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candide)
    no, the English taxpayer pays you to go to university :P
    i was trying to be funneh with my russian reversal :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I kind of want his reign to end. While he's a great Doctor, I want a change. The companions and the Doctor have been the same for TWO SERIES now, and it's getting dull...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devil_in_disguise)
    I want a pack of Haribo!!! Life is unfair!!

I haven't even seen the trailer. Saving the excitement
    You should watch the trailer! It's only a promo clip about 10 seconds long! DO IT!

ReputationRep:
    I'd go on a tv watching spree as well, but the day after the TSA I have a biology test and several other assignments...
    And I have Biology,Maths, Physics Subject Tests on the 5th of November!!! WTH(

ReputationRep:
    NO

(Original post by Devil_in_disguise)
    Indeed, my friend, such an unforseen pleasant meeting. Oh, I advised you to quit a thousand times, the severe torture of souls can be quite exhausting. I'm on a special mission from Jacob Marley, planning a trip to Oxford University, checking how a few college apparitions are coping)) Also, the Loch Ness monster almost got caught again, such trouble always. I'm pretending to be an expert and disproving some folks...
    Well my fellow demonness, as you can see i have heeded your advice And oh? That does sound most devilish and torture-some and exciting! Ensure to kill off a few chemists and microbiologists and then send them to me, I've been having trouble concocting this devastating plague and could really do with some help from experts! Oh really? Dear dear, i did tell you to keep Nessie on her leash, how bother-some she can be at times! Oh you!

ReputationRep:
    OMG there's a programme on BBC atm about young nuns

it's a sign :zomg: :zomg: :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I kind of want his reign to end. While he's a great Doctor, I want a change. The companions and the Doctor have been the same for TWO SERIES now, and it's getting dull...
    Hmm, I'm quite a fan of them. Saying that, I loved Donna and David. It nearly broke my heart when she had to forget.

The problem is that you never know what you're going to get from a new Doctor. I thought no one would live up to David (I was such a fan) but Matt's done a good job. Who knows what will come next? The nature of the beast, I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, which one gets more applicants, Oxford or Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    You should watch the trailer! It's only a promo clip about 10 seconds long! DO IT!

did it. I miss Sherlock!!!!!)) "Boring" And did I spot Fleur Delacur from HP??:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benniboi1)
    Ahh thats good to hear I'm excited and nervous at the same time!
    Same, same. It really is lovely though. In some respects it's a bit more relaxed than other colleges too. For instance, they only have formal hall once a week whereas most have it every day or several times a week. It's also the only college to have a bar. I don't drink alcohol, but, hey, they do cokes for 50p a pint

What made you choose it?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.