Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The media are so for spurs it's actually unreal.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the board always get mentioned. They don't own any shares, or if they do very few. Basically it's a monopoly and that's where some of our problems lie IMO.. In order of power it's probably Kroenke > Arsène > Gunnersaurus > the board

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2) is the option I feel now. There are no longer any excuses imo. Looking at the mata situation e.g. that and now the higuain/suarez situations are solely the fault of wenger. He had money available to spend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrick1509)
    Why does the board always get mentioned. They don't own any shares, or if they do very few. Basically it's a monopoly and that's where some of our problems lie IMO.. In order of power it's probably Kroenke > Arsène > Gunnersaurus > the board

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I was talking about the board, what I meant to say was "Kroenke + the board" or "the board (including Kroenke)" since Kroenke is part of the board but I forgot.

The board (including Kroenke) and Wenger are all to blame.

But perhaps, Kroenke and Wenger deserve more blame than the other board members.

ReputationRep:
    Real talk..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u06qh...ature=youtu.be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Squirtle-)
    When I was talking about the board, what I meant to say was "Kroenke + the board" but I forgot.

Kroenke + the board + Wenger are all to blame.

But perhaps, Kroenke and Wenger deserve more blame than the board.
    What has Kroenke done wrong exactly? The blame is with Wenger alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    What has Kroenke done wrong exactly? The blame is with Wenger alone
    Kroenke is part of the board. And since he has the most shares, he's got the most power at the club.

If he really wants his club to be successful, he should be willing to override Wenger and get the extra millions needed to secure quality players.

But Wenger definitely deserves the most blame.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see people not losing their heads.

SSN report that Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Sagna, Rosicky all trained the full session today.

Sczesney
    Sagna Koscielney Mertesacker Gibbs
    Ramsey Wilshere
    Walcott Rosicky Cazorla
    Giroud

Expect Podolski to come on to the LW - anonymous as he usually is, he can affect a European tie.

Monreal fit enough to travel to Turkey but unlikely to be ready to start.

Oh and apparently Flamini's training with AFC - likely nothing but you never know if Wenger may see something he likes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Good to see people not losing their heads.

SSN report that Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Sagna, Rosicky all trained the full session today.

Sczesney
    Sagna Koscielney Mertesacker Gibbs
    Ramsey Wilshere
    Walcott Rosicky Cazorla
    Giroud

Expect Podolski to come on to the LW - anonymous as he usually is, he can affect a European tie.

Oh and apparently Flamini's training with AFC - likely nothing but you never know if Wenger may see something he likes.
    That's more than a good enough team to beat Fenerbache. If we can't overcome these two legs, we don't deserve to play in the CL. They're nothing special. They make a bit of noise at home but an early goal will silence them. - like what we did at home to Udinese

ReputationRep:
    Watching tomorrow's match is gonna be hell. Every time someone gets tackled I'm gonna be fearing the worst since not everyone will be 100%. Wilshere is a good player but the way he plays is basically asking for a year long injury. Is it necessary for him to always dribble into a group of opposing players? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    We really need Usmanov to take over, someone who actually supports the club and is one of the richest people around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Watching tomorrow's match is gonna be hell. Every time someone gets tackled I'm gonna be fearing the worst since not everyone will be 100%. Wilshere is a good player but the way he plays is basically asking for a year long injury. Is it necessary for him to always dribble into a group of opposing players? :dontknow:
    It shows FIGHT!

Something too few Arsenal players are showing atm and it's pissing me and a lot of other fans off. He's determined because he loves the club and doesn't care if he breaks his leg and misses the world cup! We need more of him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    It's what makes him what he is and there's nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in his tendency to like to put a foot in, and when he isn't fully match fit, he's having to stretch further to keep the ball under control, opening himself up to knocks and muscular injuries.

On a similar subject, I think the Ox did himself no favours with his own injury. Because he didn't really break though last season, he's still raw and has yet to learn to take care of himself more. He went to ground inexplicably for his injury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Squirtle-)
    Kroenke is part of the board. And since he has the most shares, he's got the most power at the club.

If he really wants his club to be successful, he should be willing to override Wenger and get the extra millions needed to secure quality players.

But Wenger definitely deserves the most blame.
    Last time I checked the football expert at Arsenal was Wenger. Wenger would resign straight away if the club brought player without his OK. Many Mangers if not all would. Just look at what happened at Chelsea when Roman got too involved. I applaud Kroenke for staying out of Footballing matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r4dical)
    We really need Usmanov to take over, someone who actually supports the club and is one of the richest people around.
    No. We don't.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked the football expert at Arsenal was Wenger. Wenger would resign straight away if the club brought player without his OK. Many Mangers if not all would. Just look at what happened at Chelsea when Roman got too involved. I applaud Kroenke for staying out of Footballing matters
    I agree but then it leads to the opposite situation, in that the team remain stagnant due to the lack of pressure in making key signings that would improve the team. I think there has to be a balance, where the team is picked by the manager but some responsibility is handed to the board, in the case that the team are stagnant the board can make a unanimous decision to get players in that would improve the team despite wengers consultation. The board are supposed to set targets imperative for the clubs progress, and if one man is causing that to not happen they need to rectify the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Supports? You sure. He's just talking a big game so he can get a bigger bite of the cherry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I agree but then it leads to the opposite situation, in that the team remain stagnant due to the lack of pressure in making key signings that would improve the team. I think there has to be a balance, where the team is picked by the manager but some responsibility is handed to the board, in the case that the team are stagnant the board can make a unanimous decision to get players in that would improve the team despite wengers consultation. The board are supposed to set targets imperative for the clubs progress, and if one man is causing that to not happen they need to rectify the problem.
    I agree hence a Director of Football needs to be appointed to act as a liaison between the Board and Wenger. Wenger should concentrate on the football only, he can't handle negotiation for ****. Let a DoF handle transfer negotiations and contract extensions. Wenger should have no say in the appointment.

ReputationRep:
    From next year there will be only 3 clubs in the world with higher revenue than AFC and we have 180m in hard cash in the bank, we just need to spend it. **** that sugardaddy nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    I agree hence a Director of Football needs to be appointed to act as a liaison between the Board and Wenger. Wenger should concentrate on the football only, he can't handle negotiation for ****. Let a DoF handle transfer negotiations and contract extensions. Wenger should have no say in the appointment.
    This is the reason AVB is so successful. He says I need a RW, CAM, ST. Go find me them Baldini, and off he goes. Come back after the weekend match and it's Christmas.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.