Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I was watching the game yesterday and there was this one fat guy that wouldn't stop endlessly going 'CESSSSSC'.
    hahah did you see the guy who got Jacks shirt at the end? He was pretty ****ed up

ReputationRep:
    I'm still going to the United and Villa games... the atmosphere is going to be dead.

I think we need a massive banner of Wenger with 'haters gna hate' or something on it, he needs to be shown a bit of support :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Menez is definetly leaving Roma for around £10m Arsenal should sign him .

ReputationRep:
    Jack looked like he was crying when we went 2-1 down. I love that man.

Song and Walcott looked equally disgusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    Menez is definetly leaving Roma for around £10m Arsenal should sign him .
    I'm not sure what to make of him (admittedly I haven't seen much) though of what I have seen I prefer Dzsudzsak.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to make of him (admittedly I haven't seen much) though of what I have seen I prefer Dzsudzsak.
    He is better than Dzsudzsak, two footed very good pace can play on either wing and behind the front man.He was rated as better than Nasri at youth level.

ReputationRep:
    Forget both of them, I'd rather have Alexis Sanchez. Doubt that will ever happen though

ReputationRep:
    Jack looked like he was crying when we went 2-1 down. I love that man.

Song and Walcott looked equally disgusted.
    Jack is an absolute lad. Most valuable player to the club at the minute I think, he actually supports the team though, he wants to play football for Arsenal, he puts in such a shift and not so he looks good but so he does everything to ensure Arsenal football club wins. We need 10 more players like him

ReputationRep:
    My second team is Norwich so I still have a reason to enjoy football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz864)
    Forget both of them, I'd rather have Alexis Sanchez. Doubt that will ever happen though
    Forget all of them I would rather have Messi.

ReputationRep:
    Forget all of them I would rather have Messi.
    He wouldn't be able to force Theo out of the squad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    What I meant is that a lot of you guys are talking about his injury being one of the major reasons for your failure to win trophies this season, when in reality when he was fit this season he wasn't spectacular and when he was fit all of last season, your defensive record was worse than this season!

No comments about your disciplinary record?
    I think it could be one of the major reasons, but like I've said, there's no way we can go into next season a) hoping that it was the reason b) expecting it to be sorted once he's back and c) expecting him to stay fit. I think the defensive record being worse before this season was more due to the woeful keeping throughout last season than anything else, but yes it was in part due to poor defending, though Vermaelen was rarely the culprit. I don't think the point is necessarily about the defensive records themselves, as you point out, we've not got the worst record this year, it's just the manner that we have conceded that's been dreadful and we never saw that sort of thing when Vermaelen was at the back which is why I think a lot of us feel we'd have held out with ease at St James' park and not allowed Spurs to get back into either game had he been there.

Wrt the disciplinary record - like I said to Rob, I don't think we do allow teams to bully us any more and haven't for a while, but I don't think anyone is really saying that's the problem any more. We've got a couple of petulant ****s like Jack and Nasri who're willing to give as good as they get but at the same time it's not enough. The fact that we've got the worst disciplinary record is a complete and utter joke, I'm worried that people will use that to say we do do enough and go above and beyond to win when really we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom. Other than Wilshere's red, I can't remember us getting a red that wasn't a total joke or at least very debatable - Kos' 'handball' a yard away from a player on the halfway line in the last minute at pool, Song getting 2 yellows for perfectly good challenges at Sunderland etc.

It pleases me to see posts like Rob where he recognises that we need to do everything we can to win and the that the players just don't seem to get that. You watch us get an unfair decision and look at the reaction - I'll give you an example of Jack's yellow yesterday after coming in from in front of a player, remaining low and clearly winning the ball, earlier in the game Davies could've broken (I think it was) RvP's leg with a disgustingly reckless challenge, yet he doesn't even get a booking. How does Jack react? Does he point it out and stand his ground? No. He smiles, laughs with disbelief and walks away. Same game, Chamakh goes to try and tackle a Bolton player that turns him, as the player turns he knocks Chamakh causing him to slip and fall into Robinson (who wasn't involved in the play), clearly accidental and as the play continued unaffected the challenge caused no issue wrt stopping build up/chance creation. The ref then stops the game as Bolton look like they're getting nowhere anyway, and gets treatment on for Robinson, who, acting like he's got a broken leg, actually got a slight knock on the knee. Bolton players surround the ref and the crowd calls for Chamakh's head so the ref obliges and despite clearly having no initial intention of doing so, books Chamakh. We end up on the wrong side of so many decisions like that. Cesc is the only player we've got that get's in the ref's face all the time and makes sure we have stuff actually go our way but even he doesn't seem to be bothered any more. We don't need to dive but we need to let the ref know when we're being subjected to dangerous tackles perhaps by staying down a little longer than necessary, we need to not only withstand teams that physically dominate us, but we need the option to switch it up and physically dominate them as well. We need all our players going mental when ludicrous decisions are made rather than walking away and accepting them lying down. If it got us an extra booking here or there I wouldn't care, people would call them needless cards but really they're worth it - just like taking a yellow for the team by checking a player who's breaking through when you're outnumbered at the back. The thing is, overall, I suspect we wouldn't get that many more yellows as it'd stop ref's giving us the stupid ones for nothing. I'm not saying we should be abusive towards referees, I think we should respect them, but I wouldn't respect a referee that's not doing his job properly and neither should the players.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Davies' challenge on Koscielny - that was horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    Your attack is very over-rated and your defence is under-rated. You've scored 4 less goals than us this year, and conceded 4 more. So why is there so much emphasis on defence?

I think you need to find another Hernandez. The 'fox in the box' stuff is all cliched now but it'd be a great fit when you have players like Wilshere and Fabregas feeding him. With RVP so good but so injury prone it makes signing a striker difficult, they'd need to be good enough to lead the line by themselves for large periods of the season but also content to have a place on the bench and be used as a sub for other parts. I know finding a player like that is very difficult but it would add another element to your attacking play.

Could also do with a holding midfielder with a good long shot on him. Gives you a bit more tactical flexibility for the big games and another way of scoring goals, as well as helping the defence. With Vermalaen and Djourou so injury prone a 4th choice CB would also be needed, a LB would be a bonus but not essential. If that holding player was a leader with a bit of experience, and the Squillaci replacement also had a couple of winners medals to his name, then with those signings you wouldn't be too far off being champions.

ReputationRep:
    People are saying replace Wenger, but who will replace him? People have to think before they talk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    I'm still going to the United and Villa games... the atmosphere is going to be dead.

I think we need a massive banner of Wenger with 'haters gna hate' or something on it, he needs to be shown a bit of support :cool:

Why?

The mentality of this team is completely wrong, by far the biggest contributor to our downfall this season (and not only this). I can't blame anyone else but the manager for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz864)
    People are saying replace Wenger, but who will replace him? People have to think before they talk!
    Ottmar Hitzfeld

ReputationRep:
    That's the one I was thinking of actually, just couldn't remember who it was on.

ReputationRep:
    Chamakh's on Robinson was equally as bad....

As for supporting Wenger, that'd just encourage him to keep the project going on the same, trophyless path it's gone down for six seasons now.

ReputationRep:
    Ottmar Hitzfeld
    And why should he come in and replace Wenger?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.