The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

So it's been a tough few days... episodes of dissociation/depersonalisation.... then severe "bad thoughts"... had to stay at my dad's for a night so my family could look after me and keep me safe...
been thinking about splitting up with my bf for a while but just feel like it's another thing I don't want to be dealing with at the moment... :frown:
just want to hibernate :frown:
Reply 9201
Sorry to bother you all but tonight has went horribly. :cry:

So many urges. Don't want to give in.
Thinking about what I'll say to the physchiatrist on Friday morning- knowing I'll be back in the hospital in no time. :cry:
Original post by james1211
That does sound upsetting. So you have no idea why your housemate is being like that?

Maybe you could try going into uni to study in the library a few days a week just so you're not sat in the house too much, you might end up making some study buddies there if you go a lot.

No, no idea. My other two housemates aren't at all. I want to ask him but I'm not great at bringing up difficult things like that and I haven't been able to catch him on his own yet. And yeah I do go out and do stuff- Waitrose for the free tea & leafletting for a political party and I've been to the library a couple of times but people don't talk to people they don't know in there- the main working areas are silent study and the rest people just want to get on with their work.
Reply 9203
Original post by Sarah'
Had a VERY good day so far today, has made a nice change :biggrin: hope everyone is doing okay, I'm around if you need to talk :hugs: to you all

Awesome! It's lovely when that happens out of the blue. Anything specific make your day so good or are you just in a super mood :biggrin:
Reply 9204
Original post by Gemmer_

Thinking about what I'll say to the physchiatrist on Friday morning- knowing I'll be back in the hospital in no time. :cry:

You're never a bother! You're our wonderful sis that we always miss! Hope something comes along to cheer you up soon!

Love and hugs :hugs:
Feeling so damn cold.. Don't feel great at all :s-smilie: worried sick to my stomach and generally feeling **** :sad:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gemmer_

You're never a bother Gemma. :nah: What's happening? :hugs:

Original post by -FireFlies-
Feeling so damn cold.. Don't feel great at all :s-smilie: worried sick to my stomach and generally feeling **** :sad:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
Wish there was something I could do to help. :frown: :hugs:
Feeling so ill now after my coughing fit :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One day of pure procastrination, not ending well. (Although still better, than it was. :biggrin:) Have to get up again in four hours to work, so at least I will be more productive tomorrow! :smile: :smile:

Thus for everybody who needs it: :hugs::hugs::hugs: Try to force you to read some great books or look some of those old time classics, like Star Wars or the Disney movies. (Sometimes it is
surprising, how much useful stuff you can get out of some of the simpliest movies...:confused: I was really
surprised. ) Or cook something, .... (I need a : "Hm, that tastes so well!" Smily!)

Wished I would just follow my own advice sometimes, but normally everyone knows somewhere deep in their heart, what would be good to do.

:eek:
Reply 9209
I can't take it any more. It's been the worst ****ing night since Scott was 2 weeks old. Came to bed at 10 and been trying to get him to sleep ever since. Every time I think he's gone to sleep and put him down he wakes up and screams his head off again. I've had to wake my partner up to take him downstairs and I feel so ****ing guilty cos my partner can sleep through a ****ing air raid so he's just going to leave him screaming while he goes to sleep which I really don't feel comfortable with but he has to leave for work at 7 so has to be up at 6. I can hear Scott screaming through 2 closed doors downstairs and I know full well my partner is doing **** all to help but I just need to sleep. I don't know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
I can't take it any more. It's been the worst ****ing night since Scott was 2 weeks old. Came to bed at 10 and been trying to get him to sleep ever since. Every time I think he's gone to sleep and put him down he wakes up and screams his head off again. I've had to wake my partner up to take him downstairs and I feel so ****ing guilty cos my partner can sleep through a ****ing air raid so he's just going to leave him screaming while he goes to sleep which I really don't feel comfortable with but he has to leave for work at 7 so has to be up at 6. I can hear Scott screaming through 2 closed doors downstairs and I know full well my partner is doing **** all to help but I just need to sleep. I don't know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok hun, dont feel guilty, youv done so ****ing well.
Have you tried putting headphones in? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't sleep cos my flat mates are having sex and being noisy. It's given me some time to think though. I know what I want to do with my life. I have absolutely no clue how to get there or if I can but I at least know what it is now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. Not sure how old Scott is exactly or how to deal with babies but I watched some program on chanel 4 about getting kids to bed. They had some really good advice. Things like teaching them to self soothe and stuff. They did stuff like not picking them up once they'd been put to bed and just placing a hand gently on their stomach if they need comforting or gradually moving further away from their cot as the night goes on. A lot of it depends on age and stuff I think and I don't all about it so i'm not gunna try to give any more advice than that.
Don't worry. Dealing with babies is a pain but i'm sure you're doing just fine! Just be sure to take a nice relaxing break once and a while :smile: Scott's lucky to have a nice caring mum like you, don't feel guilty about leaving him for a little to soothe himself. You will always be there for him if he really needs you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
5am and thanks to my flat mates I am still awake. -_- good thing I don't have my early lecture tomorrow
Original post by HmMusic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

that's tough not being at full force and then to have a baby, who is screaming all the time. Anyway it is quite common that the mothers hear their kids everywhere and it makes sense, too. Is he screaming all the time? If it gets too much, you should ask your GP or the hospital what you can do to adjust your baby to a regular sleeping pattern, so that you are able to get some sleep. I have even once saw a program, where they had a baby-mother ward at a hospital solely on speciliasing to give the mothers time to refill their batteries while at the same time adjusting the kids to more hours without screaming. As someone already pointed out, there are some special techniques. Anyway putting the child to sleep away is no solution. It won't stop him crying and may be causing additional distress. if it gets too much, you should maybe also see, that your husband cares fully for the baby some time at night or at least the weekend, because everyone needs some sleep.
Reply 9215
Original post by james1211
You're never a bother! You're our wonderful sis that we always miss! Hope something comes along to cheer you up soon!

Love and hugs :hugs:

Aw thank you hun. :hugs: Sorry- I didn't answer last night for obvious reasons.
4.27am. Zero sleep. The voices are being particularly aggressive. I hate this. :frown:
Reply 9217
Original post by Sarah'
Had a VERY good day so far today, has made a nice change :biggrin: hope everyone is doing okay, I'm around if you need to talk :hugs: to you all

First of all, I am SO PROUD of you for speaking to someone :jumphug:

Secondly, I know I haven't replied to your PM, been an insanely busy time. Will get round to it ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow. Haven't forgotten though sweetie :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!! :h: I'm proud of me and you too :hugs:

Ahhh there's no rush! Honestly :h: I know you haven't Hun, I just hope you're all right :biggrin: :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
4.27am. Zero sleep. The voices are being particularly aggressive. I hate this. :frown:

:hugs: You got anything you can take PRN that might help?
superwolf

:hugs: You got anything you can take PRN that might help?

I took 1 zolpidem 5 hours ago and it did nothing.Got some diazepam I'm thinking of taking so I can relax despite the voices. Diazepam's effect seems to be wearing off on me each time I take it.

Latest