Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just scared the **** out of my boyfriend by having a coughing fit and choking on a potato and gipping which then caused me to panik cos i thought i was gonna throw up :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, hope things are going well. I posted in here a while ago then stopped as I felt better but lately I've been all over the shop. One minute I'll be happy the next even the littlest thing has me feeling crap. On top of that there is someone I really miss who for various reasons I can't even talk to atm. I manage to block it out most of the time when I have company and then as soon as I'm alone all the emotions hit me. And one of my housemates now seems to forget I exist, if he mentions who he's with he'll say everyone he was with except me and I've no idea why. And I feel incredibly lonely & bored most of the time. I'm only in uni one day a week whilst my housemates are in every day and whilst I do have other friends I meet up with some of the time just as in the holidays it doesn't fill up all the time, especially when I have coursework to do so a lot of the days end up being the same. Hope you don't mind me venting.

ReputationRep:
    Had a VERY good day so far today, has made a nice change hope everyone is doing okay, I'm around if you need to talk :hugs: to you all

(Original post by IDukem)
    x
    First of all, I am SO PROUD of you for speaking to someone :jumphug:

Secondly, I know I haven't replied to your PM, been an insanely busy time. Will get round to it ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow. Haven't forgotten though sweetie :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Hi guys, hope things are going well. I posted in here a while ago then stopped as I felt better but lately I've been all over the shop. One minute I'll be happy the next even the littlest thing has me feeling crap. On top of that there is someone I really miss who for various reasons I can't even talk to atm. I manage to block it out most of the time when I have company and then as soon as I'm alone all the emotions hit me. And one of my housemates now seems to forget I exist, if he mentions who he's with he'll say everyone he was with except me and I've no idea why. And I feel incredibly lonely & bored most of the time. I'm only in uni one day a week whilst my housemates are in every day and whilst I do have other friends I meet up with some of the time just as in the holidays it doesn't fill up all the time, especially when I have coursework to do so a lot of the days end up being the same. Hope you don't mind me venting.
    That does sound upsetting. So you have no idea why your housemate is being like that?

Maybe you could try going into uni to study in the library a few days a week just so you're not sat in the house too much, you might end up making some study buddies there if you go a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah')
    Had a VERY good day so far today, has made a nice change hope everyone is doing okay, I'm around if you need to talk :hugs: to you all
    Yeyyyy for good days
    You deffo deserved it :yep: :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So it's been a tough few days... episodes of dissociation/depersonalisation.... then severe "bad thoughts"... had to stay at my dad's for a night so my family could look after me and keep me safe...
    been thinking about splitting up with my bf for a while but just feel like it's another thing I don't want to be dealing with at the moment...
    just want to hibernate

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bother you all but tonight has went horribly. :cry:

So many urges. Don't want to give in.
    Thinking about what I'll say to the physchiatrist on Friday morning- knowing I'll be back in the hospital in no time. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    That does sound upsetting. So you have no idea why your housemate is being like that?

Maybe you could try going into uni to study in the library a few days a week just so you're not sat in the house too much, you might end up making some study buddies there if you go a lot.
    No, no idea. My other two housemates aren't at all. I want to ask him but I'm not great at bringing up difficult things like that and I haven't been able to catch him on his own yet. And yeah I do go out and do stuff- Waitrose for the free tea & leafletting for a political party and I've been to the library a couple of times but people don't talk to people they don't know in there- the main working areas are silent study and the rest people just want to get on with their work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah')
    Awesome! It's lovely when that happens out of the blue. Anything specific make your day so good or are you just in a super mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmer_)

Thinking about what I'll say to the physchiatrist on Friday morning- knowing I'll be back in the hospital in no time. :cry:
    You're never a bother! You're our wonderful sis that we always miss! Hope something comes along to cheer you up soon!

Love and hugs :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so damn cold.. Don't feel great at all worried sick to my stomach and generally feeling **** :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    tempted to do something that I shouldn't :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmer_)

You're never a bother Gemma. :nah: What's happening? :hugs:

(Original post by -FireFlies-)
    Feeling so damn cold.. Don't feel great at all worried sick to my stomach and generally feeling **** :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    tempted to do something that I shouldn't :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:
    Wish there was something I could do to help. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so ill now after my coughing fit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One day of pure procastrination, not ending well. (Although still better, than it was. ) Have to get up again in four hours to work, so at least I will be more productive tomorrow!

Thus for everybody who needs it: :hugs::hugs::hugs: Try to force you to read some great books or look some of those old time classics, like Star Wars or the Disney movies. (Sometimes it is
    surprising, how much useful stuff you can get out of some of the simpliest movies...:confused: I was really
    surprised. ) Or cook something, .... (I need a : "Hm, that tastes so well!" Smily!)

Wished I would just follow my own advice sometimes, but normally everyone knows somewhere deep in their heart, what would be good to do.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I can't take it any more. It's been the worst ****ing night since Scott was 2 weeks old. Came to bed at 10 and been trying to get him to sleep ever since. Every time I think he's gone to sleep and put him down he wakes up and screams his head off again. I've had to wake my partner up to take him downstairs and I feel so ****ing guilty cos my partner can sleep through a ****ing air raid so he's just going to leave him screaming while he goes to sleep which I really don't feel comfortable with but he has to leave for work at 7 so has to be up at 6. I can hear Scott screaming through 2 closed doors downstairs and I know full well my partner is doing **** all to help but I just need to sleep. I don't know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    I can't take it any more. It's been the worst ****ing night since Scott was 2 weeks old. Came to bed at 10 and been trying to get him to sleep ever since. Every time I think he's gone to sleep and put him down he wakes up and screams his head off again. I've had to wake my partner up to take him downstairs and I feel so ****ing guilty cos my partner can sleep through a ****ing air raid so he's just going to leave him screaming while he goes to sleep which I really don't feel comfortable with but he has to leave for work at 7 so has to be up at 6. I can hear Scott screaming through 2 closed doors downstairs and I know full well my partner is doing **** all to help but I just need to sleep. I don't know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its ok hun, dont feel guilty, youv done so ****ing well.
    Have you tried putting headphones in? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Can't sleep cos my flat mates are having sex and being noisy. It's given me some time to think though. I know what I want to do with my life. I have absolutely no clue how to get there or if I can but I at least know what it is now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey. Not sure how old Scott is exactly or how to deal with babies but I watched some program on chanel 4 about getting kids to bed. They had some really good advice. Things like teaching them to self soothe and stuff. They did stuff like not picking them up once they'd been put to bed and just placing a hand gently on their stomach if they need comforting or gradually moving further away from their cot as the night goes on. A lot of it depends on age and stuff I think and I don't all about it so i'm not gunna try to give any more advice than that.
    Don't worry. Dealing with babies is a pain but i'm sure you're doing just fine! Just be sure to take a nice relaxing break once and a while Scott's lucky to have a nice caring mum like you, don't feel guilty about leaving him for a little to soothe himself. You will always be there for him if he really needs you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    5am and thanks to my flat mates I am still awake. -_- good thing I don't have my early lecture tomorrow

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello,

that's tough not being at full force and then to have a baby, who is screaming all the time. Anyway it is quite common that the mothers hear their kids everywhere and it makes sense, too. Is he screaming all the time? If it gets too much, you should ask your GP or the hospital what you can do to adjust your baby to a regular sleeping pattern, so that you are able to get some sleep. I have even once saw a program, where they had a baby-mother ward at a hospital solely on speciliasing to give the mothers time to refill their batteries while at the same time adjusting the kids to more hours without screaming. As someone already pointed out, there are some special techniques. Anyway putting the child to sleep away is no solution. It won't stop him crying and may be causing additional distress. if it gets too much, you should maybe also see, that your husband cares fully for the baby some time at night or at least the weekend, because everyone needs some sleep.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.