Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Waffles
    I don't get the hype?? I'd have a slice of chocolate cake over that any day...chocolate brownies though :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    They still have packed out timetables compared to normal students....but once you get to the clinic part, it's more relaxing but also gives the motivation behind why people are doing Medicine in the first place. The first few years are quite heavy, but during the later years where you spend more time on clinics and practical stuff....I do think it eases up on people and gives that push to become a doctor watching these issues and solving the medical issues in peoples lives.

As a Muslim, it should be one of the most rewarding jobs there is in society, saving peoples lives and making their lives better.....I think the hardest part for many when they start is the night shift and obviously watching a patient in their care die.
    I could not agree more with you brother, there's nothing much i would add as you've summed up my own feelings/ experiences so far.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Waffles

R u Mariachi dupe?

ReputationRep:
    As Salamu Alaikum,

Hope everyone is ok.

Double The Effort

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    As Salamu Alaikum,

Hope everyone is ok.

Double The Effort

Wa'alaykumasalaam

ReputationRep:
    Only 1.5 months til ramadan :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Walaykum asalaam

Double Faced People

Abu Hurairah RA said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “People are like ores. Those who were excellent in the Days of Ignorance are excellent in Islam provided they acquire the knowledge and understanding of the religion. You will find the best people in it (Islam) those who had a deep hatred (for leadership). You will find the worst among the people a double-faced person who appears to some people with one face and to others with another face.”

(Bukhari and Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone finished memorising the Qur'aan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    To be honest, I think anybody who has, would want to avoid boasting...and anybody who hasn't probably won't reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    To be honest, I think anybody who has, would want to avoid boasting...and anybody who hasn't probably won't reply

Oh okay I guess no replies then

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    No but i memorised my biology textbook :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to make myself clear a little

Basically, I've been focusing on my end of year exams and I need to do the same with this Quran exam I have coming up. I've explained to my teacher that one Juz is okay for me to do, I'm not able to revise for two because I know I’ll make quite a few mistakes. So, I just need a few tips on how to memorise effectively, when I do sit down to revise over the Surah’s - I know it all on the day I’m being tested however this only applies to short-term. I’d like to know how is it that once you've learnt a Surah how do you recall something from long-term memory. I struggle and need to look at the page to remember what next to recite.

Any help appreciated

أهلاً و سهلاً

So I converted to Islam, my SO doesn't know as she 'left' Islam but I was required to learn about Islam for he family... Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, how does one deal with temptation of past life, pork, alcohol etc... I was a dreadful Jew but I want to be a good Muslim, again go figure :rolleyes:

My life is just WTF :lol: so how do I deal with those temptations?

مع السلامة (I think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    أهلاً و سهلاً

So I converted to Islam, my SO doesn't know as she 'left' Islam but I was required to learn about Islam for he family... Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, how does one deal with temptation of past life, pork, alcohol etc... I was a dreadful Jew but I want to be a good Muslim, again go figure :rolleyes:

My life is just WTF :lol: so how do I deal with those temptations?

مع السلامة (I think).
    Asalaamulaykum

Tbf I am surprised, didn't think I'd see you here (I don't mean this in a bad way).

Welcome!
    :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

I'm going to quote another convert because he's been through this and will know how to help you better

(Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    x
    ^

Asalaamulaykum

Tbf I am surprised, didn't think I'd see you here (I don't mean this in a bad way).

Welcome!

I'm going to quote another convert because he's been through this and will know how to help you better
    Of course, but you know I read the Qur'an again, properly and well yeah.

I also have a question on prayers, I can't pray 5 times a day for various reasons. As long as I pray when I can, that should be okay right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu24)
    What did you do?
    Erm, long story short, my father sold a plot of land and earnings from my job helped a bit. I'm very grateful for my family.

ReputationRep:
    I ran out of male tsr names to troll with on there tbh.

My next troll was going to be :

Ankabout: Shoutout to my homegirls Jameelxxx and Sister Rice.

But stopped, sorry again
    Lol funny. Who's Sister Rice?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    X
    I'm very curious, did you change your investment portfolio like selling off shares for Companies whos business is deemed unlawful by Islam?

I think you'll be a great asset here.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.