Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been round much (sorry!), but I'm always here if anyone needs a chat, just send me a message! Hooe everyone is doing well
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Feel sick.
    Hope it subsides soon :sadnod: :hugs:

------------

Having a bit of a poo day and can't seem to shake it off. Watching the final of the French Open but it's not grabbing my attention which is not like me at all.
    Food/weight
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've gone from not eating for days at a time to at least eating something everyday but I'm still losing weight. Kind of happy about this but I'm scared of any awkward questions about why I've lost so much. My mum mentioned the other day that she thought I had lost too much and I just didn't know what to say.

ReputationRep:
    bleugh. why do I do this to myself :emo:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I don't want to sit this paper tomorrow... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I don't want to sit this paper tomorrow... :cry:
    Same, I've given up trying to do well 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Tree321)
    Same, I've given up trying to do well 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's going to be Hannah's revenge, isn't it?

I need the C for college and I'm honestly not sure I'm going to get it... :cry:

It's going to be Hannah's revenge, isn't it?

I need the C for college and I'm honestly not sure I'm going to get it... :cry:
    Who's hannah, and you've worked hard, you will get it! And what exam is it? Politics, history, maths, biology?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Who's hannah, and you've worked hard, you will get it! And what exam is it? Politics, history, maths, biology?
    Hannah's sweets... (the whole edexcelmaths thing)

It's maths...

ReputationRep:
    Hannah's sweets... (the whole edexcelmaths thing)

It's maths...
    Oh gcse? And honestly, just look at past papers, and try your best, if the papers difficult you can't do anything about it, and that means lower grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    ED trigger possibly
    I hate that I have to choose between mental illness or being overweight.

Put on 3lbs since I started the new med 5 days ago. I'm eating about 1600 calories a day if that.....not on purpose, just 'cause I'm not hungry.

I worked so hard at the gym and hockey to lose the weight I gained before from meds and now this is all going to be undone. I know this is incredibly shallow but it really upsets me. :cry2: My wife claims that she loves me either way but I find that very hard to believe. It's not just her, my mother told me how I was "massive" when I was on olanzapine which really didn't help my confidence. Then there's stuff like developing diabetes.

Got some really dark thoughts right now.

ReputationRep:
    Panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    ED trigger possibly
    I hate that I have to choose between mental illness or being overweight.

Put on 3lbs since I started the new med 5 days ago. I'm eating about 1600 calories a day if that.....not on purpose, just 'cause I'm not hungry.

I worked so hard at the gym and hockey to lose the weight I gained before from meds and now this is all going to be undone. I know this is incredibly shallow but it really upsets me. :cry2: My wife claims that she loves me either way but I find that very hard to believe. It's not just her, my mother told me how I was "massive" when I was on olanzapine which really didn't help my confidence. Then there's stuff like developing diabetes.

Got some really dark thoughts right now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    that sounds really ****ty but at the end of the day if it's going to save your life in the short term and make you feel much better mentally then it's worth it. I don't know about you but i'd rather be fat and happier/more able to live properly than ruled by voices and be slim. this wont be forever and im sure there will be a time that you can come off it again :hugs:

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Panic
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Going on my first long haul flight tomorrow. So nervous, mainly scared about someone being sick.

Anyone got any tips for long haul flying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that sounds really ****ty but at the end of the day if it's going to save your life in the short term and make you feel much better mentally then it's worth it. I don't know about you but i'd rather be fat and happier/more able to live properly than ruled by voices and be slim. this wont be forever and im sure there will be a time that you can come off it again :hugs:
    thanks hope you're okay x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Going on my first long haul flight tomorrow. So nervous, mainly scared about someone being sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good films, sleep as much as you can, little distractions like a good book, good music, chat to people who you're travelling with (if alone be safe though of course- stranger danger and all). And enjoy the view! There'll be better tips than these but I think these are the basics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've flown long haul a hell of a lot and not once has anyone thrown up (though someone passed out next to me once....:/ ), but I know when you're worried me saying that probably won't help all that much.

I would advise asking for one of the special meals, kosher, vegetarian etc just because often the meat ones make me feel sick. Or make sandwiches and bring those. Also avoid alcohol (BA does it free for transatlantic but don't get tempted). The tea always tastes strange too (something about water boiling at a lower temperature).

I would say definitely bring some good earbuds. A lot of airlines now have pretty good in-seat entertainment - particularly BA and AA but the earbuds they give you (or sometimes don't) are crap and you can't hear properly even with the volume up full. If you're distracted by that you might find it easier to be less worried about someone throwing up. Some airlines have wifi, you usually have to pay, but it might keep you distracted.

Finally, if you have any diazepam that might be a good idea. I used to be a very nervous flyer but that stuff sorted me right out

Sorry if this isn't useful. Hope you have a nice trip!

ReputationRep:
    food tw
    I think I ate way too much today and now I feel sick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's what my wife says too and I guess you're both right, it's just such a ****ty decision to have to make. I already have pretty low self esteem and with summer coming up I did want to go swimming rather than boring gym cardio but I don't think I can if I put a significant amount of weight on. I realize I have to prioritize my mental health over my weight and I would love for these meds to make the voices shut up and help with thinking clearly etc but in my experience it generally doesn't last long and I'm left with both being overweight as well as hearing them.

ReputationRep:
    Having a really **** evening anyone feeling okay that I can PM for company ?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.