Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Nope missed me by a grade a didn't get in
    For what course??

Did you get into your insurance??

ReputationRep:
    I got ACE & i was 2 ums mark for each grade , so i decided to resit during gap year , have i made a decent decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polyrogue)
    Thanks a lot to everybody here for their help and assistance. Despite my huge sadness and gutting results of CDD, with your help and a lot of witty phone calls, I managed to secure a place for Computer Science BSc at Goldsmiths UoL! That's normally an entry requirement of ABB!Thanks guys, I finally feel a lot better, and can smile again
    How did you achieve that feat? I think you may have a career in Politics to be able to pull off that stunt. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuraton)
    Hey, I just got a unconditional offer to Chemistry and Mathematics. I applied to Biochemistry first but then the offer changed to Chemistry and Mathematics. Can the offer be changed again to Medical Chemistry and Mathematics if I asked? I got CCD as D is biology.
    To change from Chemistry to Medicinal Chemistry is administratively easy, so you don't need to worry about that

(Original post by FishCakeSoup)
    I got into my firm, and I'm really really happy about that - there's nothing else I'd rather do. But now the initial happiness has faded a bit I feel kind of hollow. Idk what's wrong with me
    Start looking forward to the future? . You're probably just feeling relief. All of the stress you've been feeling recently is all over and out, and so you're calming down! Keep your mind active - plan for uni, go outside, eat ice cream... You'll feel right as rain by next week

(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    I'm AS and I got BCDD which I'm a bit disappointed with and I'm really worried about whether I'll be able to pull off A2 or not

I've dropped Economics which I got a D in because I thought I did well in it but apparently I didn't, plus I got a C in French which I'm also disappointed in as I want to continue at uni

The thing is I'm going to have to retake French and Geography as well as doing A2 and I'm not sure I can handle it
    You need to speak to your school and your tutors about this. They know you and how you work best, so will be able to provide the proper advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    Thanks for the advice, is A2 maths a big step up from AS ?
    C3 isn't that much of a jump and it is quite easy but C4 can be quite a bit more challenging for some. I don't usually study so i kept missing some marks everytime but I realised that PRACTICE is key for C4. The more you practise (by actually understanding the methods and see where you went wrong), the better you get. Approved by me. Haha. I would have missed a mark or two usually but by practising, I was able to get full UMS. some type of question show up in every paper and if you do a lot of past papers, you'll see a pattern in the questions. Good Luck with A2!! It's definitely doable, esp since it is Maths.

ReputationRep:
    AS results poll

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4259042

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CardiffKate)
    Wow! Huge congratualtions. How exciting!
    (Original post by PQ)
    ExcellentCongratulations (and well done for keeping calm).
    (Original post by lnux)
    Congratulations mate!Wow You're so lucky to get a place.. I'm applying for the same entry requirements with the same course on a different uni but was unsuccessful due to my GCSE grades 😑, will try again in a few minutes.
    Thank you!

1. Well, luckily for me, I had really good GCSE grades. They noticed this, and they asked me to make my case. I mentioned how I have placed very well in several game development competitions, and have a game in the process of being released to the Play Store.
      They said I'd be called back by the Head of Dept.

When they called back five minutes later, I nervously answered, and found it was actually the same guy! Turns out he just passed on my arguments and the Head instantly offered me a place Good luck to you my friend. 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by English-help)
    I got ACE & i was 2 ums mark for each grade , so i decided to resit during gap year , have i made a decent decision?
    I think that's the right decision to make

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_popper)
    I got
    Maths: A*
    Biology: A*
    Physics: A
    Chemistry: A
    EPQ: B
    I applied for SGUL medicine clearing but even if i don't get the seat, it's alright because i can aim a bit higher next year and apply to the uni of my dreams
    Update: got rejected by sgul but i am happy in a weird way. is this a chance for me to apply to my top choices?? But i'll be stressing again next application season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Well done!

Sounds really harsh?!
    I agree...! That said, they were very quick to say they'd accept a re-mark. Also, UCAS shows they only made the decision at 6.45am this morning, whereas my other friends with offers from this uni had their updates timestamped two days ago, so at least they seem to have spent quite a while agonising over the decision.
    (Original post by PQ)
    See my reply - you don't use clearing to get back to your firm after a remark - there's a different process.
    Thanks, you've been such a breath of fresh air in this thread while I've been lurking and I really appreciate your help now. I'll get started on a second round of phone calls now.

ReputationRep:
    What was your predicted grade in French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polyrogue)
    Thank you!

1. Well, luckily for me, I had really good GCSE grades. They noticed this, and they asked me to make my case. I mentioned how I have placed very well in several game development competitions, and have a game in the process of being released to the Play Store.
      They said I'd be called back by the Head of Dept.

When they called back five minutes later, I nervously answered, and found it was actually the same guy! Turns out he just passed on my arguments and the Head instantly offered me a place Good luck to you my friend. 0
    Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    Are the OCR UMS grade boundaries for an A 480/600 aka 80%? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I could do with some advice. I had my heart set on doing Medicine, and I don't want to do Biomedical Sciences. I don't even think I can get accepted onto any science course. What should I do?
    UKCAT: 1860
    Chemistry AS: D
    Biology AS: B
    General Studies AS: B
    Maths AS: A
    English Literature AS: A

ReputationRep:
    so disappointed this has just been the worst day ever. Didn't get a wink of sleep woke up to find my predicted A (I'm only doing one A level as I'm a mature student) was actually an E. Phoned around but limited as I want to do Physiotherapy so its competitive anyway and with an E in Biology was almost embarrassed phoning to ask anyway. Most places understandably so said no, apart from my one and only last resort Worcester Uni who have taken into consideration the fact I did a year of a different healthcare course so did an anatomy module there. So they've asked me to email them a transcript of my results from that 1 year of study and now are letting me know this afternoon whether I'll be called to an interview Monday. I'm also going on holiday Monday at 1pm so will have to have the interview in the morning if I get it then rush to Bristol airport haha. So stressful... plan C will be go back to college in September night classes

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Nottingham and filled in all my tuition loan stuff for that uni. turns out i missed it and my insurance is York, do i have to contact anyone to redirect my student loan or is it done automatically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLMPeters)
    I could do with some advice. I had my heart set on doing Medicine, and I don't want to do Biomedical Sciences. I don't even think I can get accepted onto any science course. What should I do?
    UKCAT: 1860
    Chemistry AS: D
    Biology AS: B
    General Studies AS: B
    Maths AS: A
    English Literature AS: A
    Are you allowed to retake? If so, its an option. You can raise your grade. But work hard. Resitting AS isnt easy, esp with the A2 exams (practicals may overlap with AS resit) going on as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonandstars)
    so disappointed this has just been the worst day ever. Didn't get a wink of sleep woke up to find my predicted A (I'm only doing one A level as I'm a mature student) was actually an E. Phoned around but limited as I want to do Physiotherapy so its competitive anyway and with an E in Biology was almost embarrassed phoning to ask anyway. Most places understandably so said no, apart from my one and only last resort Worcester Uni who have taken into consideration the fact I did a year of a different healthcare course so did an anatomy module there. So they've asked me to email them a transcript of my results from that 1 year of study and now are letting me know this afternoon whether I'll be called to an interview Monday. I'm also going on holiday Monday at 1pm so will have to have the interview in the morning if I get it then rush to Bristol airport haha. So stressful... plan C will be go back to college in September night classes
    If you've done all you can for now, just try to relax and be your best for the interview.

I'm from Worcester and my best friend did Sports Therapy there and has since worked in Physio for a number of football and rugby clubs. She had an amazing time at Worcester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Congratulations.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_popper)
    Are you allowed to retake? If so, its an option. You can raise your grade. But work hard. Resitting AS isnt easy, esp with the A2 exams (practicals may overlap with AS resit) going on as well.
    It is a linear A-level, meaning that this grade doesn't count towards my final grade. Resitting wouldn't make a difference unless I took a gap year, which I am completely against.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.