This discussion is closed.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zhang-liao)
Off topic question but
who prefers the David Tennant series or the Matt Smith series?
Hard to say for me, I think the DT series had some of the best episodes, but it also had the biggest duffers. Whereas bar the odd episode the MS series tends to keep at a consistent level.
Overall I'd probably go with Matt Smith, as I prefer him as the Doctor. Although I know a lot of people will disagree.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Off topic question but
who prefers the David Tennant series or the Matt Smith series?
For me DT series as a whole are better, but I think MS has some great episodes too. I've recently rewatched all of Who and DT and CT is definitely my favourite series.
priya8D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
Not really spoilers because it's just speculation based on the link above, but just in case...
Spoiler:
Show
8 adventures (presumably 8 episodes, though could be more if that includes two-parters as one adventure. Sounds like the finale will be the name thing. Spoonheads? Not exactly threatening! Looking forward to it coming back though. And modern urban London is something that was missing from the Ponds' series so it'll be good to see how they deal with it now...
I'm really looking forward to the new episodes. How Clara died twice and her whole involvement is racking my brain!
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just noticed that you can see Ice Warriors in that promo image.
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really spoilers because it's just speculation based on the link above, but just in case...
Spoiler:
Show
8 adventures (presumably 8 episodes, though could be more if that includes two-parters as one adventure. Sounds like the finale will be the name thing. Spoonheads? Not exactly threatening! Looking forward to it coming back though. And modern urban London is something that was missing from the Ponds' series so it'll be good to see how they deal with it now...
Spoiler:
Show
Modern Urban London always features in Doctor Who it last featured in The Power of Three so extremely recent.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
Spoiler:
Show
Modern Urban London always features in Doctor Who it last featured in The Power of Three so extremely recent.
Spoiler:
Show

The power of three was mostly the ponds house and a hospital, not really urban London, Modern urban London hasn't appeared as a location since Planet of the Dead (the intro)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

Like Stiff Little Fingers said, Power of Three wasn't really modern urban London - it could have been anywhere really. There was the base under the Tower of London that featured briefly, but the rest of it was just generic city.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

Like Stiff Little Fingers said, Power of Three wasn't really modern urban London - it could have been anywhere really. There was the base under the Tower of London that featured briefly, but the rest of it was just generic city.
Spoiler:
Show
London's featured far too much in Doctor Who anyway-I don't really want to see it again.
Feraligatr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
London's featured far too much in Doctor Who anyway-I don't really want to see it again.
I wouldn't mind London. Quite a few DT Christmas Episodes were based in London and a few CE Episodes were as well. They were quite good ones as well like DT's Turn Left (I know based else where. Believe another planet. But most of the ep. was meant to be Donna's journey in London)
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't mind London. Quite a few DT Christmas Episodes were based in London and a few CE Episodes were as well. They were quite good ones as well like DT's Turn Left (I know based else where. Believe another planet. But most of the ep. was meant to be Donna's journey in London)
I don't mind it but there isn't really anything to exciting about it and Turn Left was pretty boring at times.
chernid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I heard a rumour a while ago that
Spoiler:
Show
the Zygons are coming back,
and so I was thinking, are the
Spoiler:
Show
Spoonheads
just another name for the
Spoiler:
Show
Zygons
as I can tiny similarities, but like I said, it's just a rumour. I really hope it is them as I read one of the DT novels which featured them as the main villain, and it was really good.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chernid)
I heard a rumour a while ago that
Spoiler:
Show
the Zygons are coming back,and so I was thinking, are the Spoonheads just another name for the Zygons as I can tiny similarities, but like I said, it's just a rumour.
I really hope it is them as I read one of the DT novels which featured them as the main villain, and it was really good.
Spoiler:
Show

Nah, can't be. Spoonheads are to do with something in the wifi, Zygons were simple shape-shifters - they couldn't get into the WiFi.

Oh, and why not just spoiler the entirety of your speculation?
chernid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Spoiler:
Show

Nah, can't be. Spoonheads are to do with something in the wifi, Zygons were simple shape-shifters - they couldn't get into the WiFi.

Oh, and why not just spoiler the entirety of your speculation?
And where would be the fun in that?
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chernid)
And where would be the fun in that?
Forget the fun, how about not giving out half the rumour to people who don't want to spoil the surprises in store for us? What you left unspoilered could easily be extended for people to work out what the rumour is, even if they don't want to know any of these rumours.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

:rofl2:
ChocolateMelody
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Funniest Doctor Who line ever
ChocolateMelody
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"I was on my way to this gay, gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought: 'The Third Reich's a bit rubbish - I think I'll kill the Fuhrer'. Who's with me?"

Funniest DW line ever
Mr.Nor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's going to be a new trailer premiered at 6 tonight! (I think it's online only though)
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

:rofl2:
PRSOM
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr.Nor)
There's going to be a new trailer premiered at 6 tonight! (I think it's online only though)
Here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p016dy23
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed