The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woah, a lot of solid courses from Manchester (took a decent university at random).

What the hell happened at Manchester?
Reply 9242
Original post by hayleyhayley
Tricky as hell.
And typically the exam that decides whether I get in tomorrow.

Same! and I'm applying to do biology :sad:
Original post by frappe framboise
They're my firm...

I hope them not being in Clearing means that they've been nice and filled up all their spaces even with people who've missed their grades slightly :colondollar:

What's your Firm? :smile:

bristol
Original post by im so academic
LSE is not in Clearing guys! (It was expected, but still).

Well that's not surprising. ...
Original post by .snowflake.
:eek: Is that good/ what you needed?

It's just what i needed :biggrin: 2 marks off outstanding :rolleyes:

Original post by Claree
Nevermind that it's the wrong thread, that's awesome :smile:

Thanks, I got over excited and thought this was the STEP thread :tongue:
Well I'm going to attempt to sleep now so good luck guys, see you on the other side :smile:
Original post by kidomo
Yes, but you'd have to ring your insurance to be released.

I see, thank you!

Original post by gman10
Surely they will still be asking for AAA though? :/

I'm pretty sure that will be the case considering that they ask for A*AA in the first place, so perhaps they will only go as low as AAA.
there's something very brutal about your results being a click away on track. its literally is a matter of seconds from waking up to finding out whether you've got into your firm choice. bit like an injection. you click 'log in' and within a split second you know. ARGH! at least going up to school and getting an envelope feels ritualistic, drags the process out allowing for mental preperation etc...anyway, just wanted to put that out there. GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS.
Can I put in a transfer request if I don't like my firm? I will not apologise. ..
Just checked my STEP II results and ended up with 106/120 (S).
Now I can sleep with ease and hope everything is fine tomorrow.
Original post by im so academic
Woah, a lot of solid courses from Manchester (took a decent university at random).

What the hell happened at Manchester?

Yeah.

Durham too is in clearing for a fair few courses. Been some sort of a bloodbath with A levels this year it seems.
Reply 9252
Original post by Jack93o
bristol

Haha that's my insurance! :biggrin:
Original post by abhiksetia
Yeah.

Durham too is in clearing for a fair few courses. Been some sort of a bloodbath with A levels this year it seems.

Very surprising.
Reply 9255
Original post by sikhtank27
Jack Daniels

Ah very good choice!
Original post by rturnbull94
I'd be on the All Saints campus, I've said my first choice to be Oxford Court, then Victoria Halls, then I don't remember the other 3 :L

I'd be on All Saints too, wahey! I apparently get sent a list of 4 and I've got to choose which one I want, what a nightmare :frown:
Original post by aimz666
Hmm my course is in clearing, yay or nay? I was kind of expecting the grades to be lower? Anyone know if the grades go down in clearing at all? Or are they always the same?

I've been hastily researching the same thing for the better part of today!
We can't really know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. It's just a thing (as I've seen written many times today!) It means your Uni is looking for more people to join the course.
As for clearing grades, it's difficult to predict. Some Unis have the required grades up next to their subject already, for others, we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes they go down, sometimes they don't change.
I wish I knew! I have my own strange, little theories, but I wouldn't want to mislead you/jinx anything :smile: Good luck for tomorr-- today! :eek:
Good luck with the results everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will results plus direct really work in the morning?

Latest