Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Does anyone do mei maths here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, im doing S2, C3 and C4 this year for MEI. i hate C4, absolutely vile module. I can do it but i just need to know the method at the start which is the problem, especially for trig.like a Cos2o+sin2.... kinda question. pain in the ass. S2 is really easy, aiming for a B/A in that. C3 i haven't yet really revised yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velocity_)
    Hey, im doing S2, C3 and C4 this year for MEI. i hate C4, absolutely vile module. I can do it but i just need to know the method at the start which is the problem, especially for trig.like a Cos2o+sin2.... kinda question. pain in the ass. S2 is really easy, aiming for a B/A in that. C3 i haven't yet really revised yet.
    some of the end questions in C4 really are not good at all. I'm doing s2 and M2 as well. c3 is okayish if you can integrate/differentiate well. M2 is really hard. We got taught in the space of about 3 weeks :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I hope the 18-year-olds amongst your year group remembered to register to vote! :awesome: . Don't forget to vote on the 7th of May! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Surely taking a gap year!25 days left before my exams.And I still have to complete 22 chapters for all my subjects!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velocity_)
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    some of the end questions in C4 really are not good at all. I'm doing s2 and M2 as well. c3 is okayish if you can integrate/differentiate well. M2 is really hard. We got taught in the space of about 3 weeks :/
    Here too, though this year we're just doing S1, C3 and C4, after doing C1/2 and M1 last year.

S1 is piss easy, C3 takes very little learning (though rates of change sometimes gets a little confusing.

C4? Fuuuuuck that.

I did start M2, and it looked hard.

Regarding double angle formulae, I can only recommend learning all the formula, so Cos2A = Cos^2A-Sin^2A (I think). They're really ****ing hard.

I hate the whole finding the volume of the graph rotated through 360 as well. I can't understand that.

S1 is a dream though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Here too, though this year we're just doing S1, C3 and C4, after doing C1/2 and M1 last year.

S1 is piss easy, C3 takes very little learning (though rates of change sometimes gets a little confusing.

C4? Fuuuuuck that.

Regarding double angle formulae, I can only recommend learning all the formula, so Cos2A = Cos^2A-Sin^2A (I think). They're really ****ing hard.

I hate the whole finding the volume of the graph rotated through 360 as well. I can't understand that.

S1 is a dream though.
    Your right about S1 BUT u would literally drool over S2. Its so bloody easy after doing S1! C3 is alright but with C4.. hahahahha and the comprehension, like wtf is that?? At least its only 100/600 i think personally its all about knowing the method. once you know what to do at the start you can do it all. Plus you can get alot of marks for just method. Thats my plan lol. and of course pray for the C3 and S2 gods that i will get enough for a B overall while having a horror on C4. tbh section A isn't TOO bad but section B is if its parametric.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    I got given my c3 course work back today (9months after I handed it in haha I hate my college sometimes) I'm just wondering how many decimal searches you have to do a table for? If that makes any sense? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, sorry for the long wait

I haven't done it for a while now so I'm not sure :lol: Our college has this document as a guideline if it's any use.

https://intranet.psc.ac.uk/maths/doc...thod%20ppt.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Hi, sorry for the long wait

I haven't done it for a while now so I'm not sure :lol: Our college has this document as a guideline if it's any use.

https://intranet.psc.ac.uk/maths/doc...thod%20ppt.pdf
    No problem! thank you for the document

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)

C4? Fuuuuuck that.

S1 is a dream though.
    Yeah I think you just have to learn the double angle ones at least you don't have to work them out if you do that. (Be glad you don't do further maths there is a whole other section on hyperbolic trig which has a load of identities as well )

M2 is difficult when you were taught the whole module in the space of three weeks :L

S2 is kind of nice. There are sooo many hypothesis tests though.

Sometimes the C4 differential equations make me want to throw my work out of a window they're so frustrating! Especially the 'verify this .... satisfies the differential equation' ones. :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Skint so not sure if I can afford tutor in next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read

ReputationRep:
    What are people planning for their Leavers Ball?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gazzaaa)
    What are people planning for their Leavers Ball?
    Is that Prom? Hahaha Dinner and Partying, plus a couple 'surprises'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    Is that Prom? Hahaha Dinner and Partying, plus a couple 'surprises'.
    Please don't tell me strippers
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Please don't tell me strippers
    hahahaahahahahah Ask me that in 1 month and a half!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Lmao my 'productive afternoons' turn out to be a couple past papers and 5-6 episodes of Lost
    I have to control my TV show addiction. It's getting 'series' (horrible pun!)
    long summer so Imma watch like 10 shows from June-October. Already have House Of Cards in my list. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao my 'productive afternoons' turn out to be a couple past papers and 5-6 episodes of Lost
    long summer so Imma watch like 10 shows from June-October. Already have House Of Cards in my list. Any recommendations?

My summer's going to look pretty similar once I get back. Plus an internship.

I recommend Reign; great plot and some really great actors! Though I'm not sure what kind of shows you're into.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    My summer's going to look pretty similar once I get back. Plus an internship. I recommend Reign; great plot and some really great actors! Though I'm not sure what kind of shows you're into. Posted from TSR Mobile
    The shows I watch are varied so I'll defo check it out

ReputationRep:
    Breaking bad, Game of thrones? They're both pretty good shows. Unless you already watch them haha.

ReputationRep:
    The shows I watch are varied so I'll defo check it out

Oh and Suits!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.