Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I hope Wenger thinks Ospina is fine. Ospina vs Matic on set pieces next season is gonna be good to see.
    ospina really worries me.. His stats are really good, but I feel that is being distorted by us going through a very good patch of form, and finally having a fully fit and functional defense.

I mean scez looked great last season when he was working with a great defensive unit.. but looked like a shambles this season when kos was injured..

Feel like the same will happen with ospina - he is competant enough when we are playing well. but he has not shown me enough to believe he is the DDG/Lloris/Cortouis type of keeper who can keep you in a game whne the rest of the team is under-performing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    He probably might do, won't be anywhere else in the premier league though, surely won't do a Fabianski. Hmm if he does leave which I doubt tbh I can see him going to like Germany for example.
    Also I've been looking forward to watching Gabriel play ever since he's arrived, only made a few appearances. Trust Merta to turn competent as soon as he came in :unimpressed:.
    Yeah man, really wanted to see Gabriel and suddenly Per Maldini shows up :sigh: What are your thoughts on everyone's favourite player, Flamini ?

ReputationRep:
    ****ing talk about football

Think we'll beat Swansea? lol.
    Course we will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    It's clearly one person who is causing the derailing let's be honest.
    I assume you mean me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Yeah man, really wanted to see Gabriel and suddenly Per Maldini shows up :sigh: What are your thoughts on everyone's favourite player, Flamini ?
    I like Flam, I really do. Just not...when he's playing. Lmao.

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    x
    The problem with our last few keepers is that they were too temperamental. Szczesny, Fabianski, and even Almunia had the potential to be world class in some games, but they were also League 2 standard in others. Last season we got dicked by City, Liverpool and Chelsea, whereas this year we have only conceded 3 goals twice (against Stoke and Monaco), and have not lost by more than a 2 goal margin. Remember the 2-1 game vs Tottenham? If Szczesny had been in goal, we would've conceded at least 2 more, and in other games Ospina really has pulled out some worldie performances (like against Everton), and has been that subtle difference between winning or drawing games.

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann was such a fantastic keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Question: Would you rather have Arsenal fold, or have the entire SkyBet League 2 fold?

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann was such a fantastic keeper
    And his predecessor, Seaman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Question: Would you rather have Arsenal fold, or have the entire SkyBet League 2 fold?
    arsenal.

I mean I love them and all..

But you would have to be a pretty heartless bastered to choose 1 club over many

ReputationRep:
    I like Flam, I really do. Just not...when he's playing. Lmao.

You?
    :rofl: I couldn't phrase it better. I like the guy as say, a novelty figure or something, but he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch. I prefer Coq, I like how he goes from being your best mate to be Stalin here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    And his predecessor, Seaman.
    loved seaman as a kid. did not know him from arsenal, but just as the england keeper. all ways used to be him when we I was asked to play in goal on the playground.

ReputationRep:
    ospina really worries me.. His stats are really good, but I feel that is being distorted by us going through a very good patch of form, and finally having a fully fit and functional defense.

I mean scez looked great last season when he was working with a great defensive unit.. but looked like a shambles this season when kos was injured..

Feel like the same will happen with ospina - he is competant enough when we are playing well. but he has not shown me enough to believe he is the DDG/Lloris/Cortouis type of keeper who can keep you in a game whne the rest of the team is under-performing
    Agree 100%. He is a good keeper, not world-class. Although, I believe he can become world-class. Nevertheless, Cech would be nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logolept)
    Agree 100%. He is a good keeper, not world-class. Although, I believe he can become world-class. Nevertheless, Cech would be nice
    not really convinced on cech - I mean, I know he is amazing, but I just dont like the idea of buying the guy that chelsea have replaced.. it feels like bassicaly addmiting that we will take their 2nd bests..

Would much rather go all out for Lloris who is younger yet at a similar level

Plus it means dicking over spurs.. which is always better then being dicked over by chelsea, as they would surely do with cech's price

ReputationRep:
    not really convinced on cech - I mean, I know he is amazing, but I just dont like the idea of buying the guy that chelsea have replaced.. it feels like bassicaly addmiting that we will take their 2nd bests..

Would much rather go all out for Lloris who is younger yet at a similar level
    Lloris would be good too, I think he is the fourth best keeper in the PL though. I disagree on Cech however, I believe he is still better than Courtois.

ReputationRep:
    That's such a harsh question. In fact, Tornado you're pretty harsh with all fans of 'big' clubs. Wtf man

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    :rofl: I couldn't phrase it better. I like the guy as say, a novelty figure or something, but he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch. I prefer Coq, I like how he goes from being your best mate to be Stalin here
    Exactly! Flamini would have great banter, just stay off the pitch mate
    Lmao love that vine, Le Coq is so badass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    I assume you mean me...
    Unfortuanetly not, I mean that Chicken guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    Unfortuanetly not, I mean that Chicken guy
    be carefull, playing with fire there, messing with a mod's bae

ReputationRep:
    That's such a harsh question. In fact, Tornado you're pretty harsh with all fans of 'big' clubs. Wtf man
    Quite interested to see the replies, and to see if anyone would put their big club above 24 little clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Quite interested to see the replies, and to see if anyone would put their big club above 24 little clubs.
    Not our fault we support who we do ... Hmmm. No fair.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.