Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1-0 Milner

ReputationRep:
    Milner I love you!!

1-0, could say it's deserved but Spurs have been good.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Milner from the spot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Deserved 1-0 lead at HT.
    Should've had a pen anyway from when Vertonghen was holding Matip from the corner.

Defensively we've been robust. Spurs are so good going forward at times and even though they've stretched is a little, Matip and Lovren have been extremely vigilant.
    Milner has been brilliant defensively, but struggled going forward against Walker (although the latter went off injured which is fortunate).

Vorm doing the typical ting where a mediocre keeper plays the game of his life against Liverpool.
    The same from Coutinho was brilliant and he's been out of his goal so fast to deny Mané. Can only hope he eventually gets one wrong and either get stranded or sent off

ReputationRep:
    Should be two penalties really. Both pretty clear cut.

Very high tempo game!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mané could get a second yellow if he isn't careful...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Haha that dive for the penalty
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1-1 Rose
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Games getting stretched now

ReputationRep:
    Annoyed we didn't come away with all 3 points but a draw isn't too bad either. I hope Can is fit to play next week, I really don't like Hendo playing CDM, he's unable to sniff out danger and our midfield ends up being easily bypassed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    He clipped Firmino's heel which knocked his feet together and made him trip. Not sure how you think it wasn't a penalty.

Ugh disappointed with the 1-1 to be honest. We should've won today. Spurs always had the idea of a threat but didn't really create much whereas we carved out 4 or 5 proper chances.

Mane was again excellent. Perhaps lucky not to get 2 yellow cards. His pace works really well in this side.
    Firmino and Coutinho were both okay but the latter needed to be much more clinical today. Not sure about Lallana, I didn't seem to notice him a lot?
    Midfield pair did okay. Matip did better than Lovren. Mignolet had a good game I thought. Milner was good except for the goal where he showed he's not a defender. Clyne was the one I was most disappointed with today. Below par with everything from defending, attacking, passing, crossing etc. Also at fault for the goal imo.

ReputationRep:
    Do people actually think that? Was as obvious penalty as you will see imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When put into context of the other two penalties (at both ends) which weren't given, it is very soft.

Spurs were poor today. I think they're in for a difficult season.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs's strikers not scoring despite them all being so superior to Giruuu. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Are they doing something to anfield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    When put into context of the other two penalties (at both ends) which weren't given, it is very soft.

Spurs were poor today. I think they're in for a difficult season.
    Yeah I agree. Don't see Spurs making top 4.

ReputationRep:
    When you look at an opening 3 fixtures of Arsenal Burnley and Spurs away, is a win, loss and draw really all that bad?

On balance of the game we should've won, but 4 points from these fixtures is far from the end of the world considering Arsenal/Spurs are major rivals and we didn't lose to either.

ReputationRep:
    We need to build some momentum, and we can't do that away from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    We need to build some momentum, and we can't do that away from home.
    I suppose the good thing is that we're getting some tough away games out of the way.

In the second half of the season we'll have a bigger capacity and better atmosphere. My biggest worry is Matip and Mané going away to AFCON

ReputationRep:
    Firminos heel was clipped, Lamela knew that and didn't even protest.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.