Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Yes, let's celebrate finishing 2nd even though we were 10 points behind Leicester. We did not deserve to finish ahead of Spurs, pains me as it does to say it. They just collapsed in their last 3 games and let us overtake them. So many deluded fans who are happy to accept mediocrity and are happy to ignore to brush over the many faults that we have at Arsenal caused by Wenger and the board and tell everyone to "get behind the team". Most of these people normally live in the USA or some other foreign country. Not having a go at foreign fans or anything, but when I'm paying money to see Arsenal then don't tell me what to f*cking do. I'll criticise if I want to.
    Same feeling here, I will always pay to watch Arsenal but I refuse to buy the merchandise these days, and food... since its going to nowhere except the bank.

Just all round terrible, I don't think anyone will want to join us now even if we pay the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    disagree,*

1st - yeah, a worldie can be scored any time.
    2nd - Mert gets something in the way a decent number of times out of 10
    3rd - Most of the time kos is not letting courtinho get the better of him as easily as holding did
    4th - Not as clear as 2+3, but I would back kos to win in the battle with mane far more frequently then chambers
    1st goal - world class, nothing you could do.
    2nd goal - intricate passing which would've easily bypassed Mertesacker.
    3rd goal - better CB positioning could've made a difference, I agree.
    4th goal - Mané gonna Mané, hard to stop him with that pace/strength.

All in all, it's easy to look back and say hey your missing players would've been amazing and made the difference, but we all know it doesn't work that way so we just have to look at who was on the pitch and what happened on the day.

We were missing Sturridge and Sakho who are two of our best players, and they could've had just as big an impact as your absentees too.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil , koscielny, mertesacker, giroud vs sakho and sturridge

Joke man

ReputationRep:
    You've had almost two months and have still not bought a top CB.. That's 3 pts you could've easily taken today; Liverpool are a poverty team. The whole club is in a state of rot, it needs tipping upside down.

Can't wait for ArsenalFanTV tonight. Hope Claude is well.

ReputationRep:
    Usual meltdown in here then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Bantered off by a sh*t Oscar and Sadio Mane
    I'll actually fight you pal

Meet me in Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    Tragic thing is Luke genuinely now thinks his team are top 4 favourites because they managed to just scrape a win against pretty much the worst team we could have played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ozil , koscielny, mertesacker, giroud vs sakho and sturridge

Joke man
    1) Ozil is quality (on his day)
    2) Sakho gets in to the France team ahead of Koscienly
    3) Mertesacker lol
    4) Sturridge is better than any striker you have

Joke man

ReputationRep:
    we'll see how the next two games (before 1 September) pan out. Repeat of 2011 on the cards imo. And Wenger will continue to be wary of spending on duds like Arshavin, Squillaci, Santos, Debuchy

ReputationRep:
    Mert vs Mane would have been fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Tragic thing is Luke genuinely now thinks his team are top 4 favourites because they managed to just scrape a win against pretty much the worst team we could have played.
    Tragic thing is how much you're hurting so you're desperately looking to attack whoever you can.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471198178.826956.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  77.4 KB

Nearly couldn't fit you on the page pal!

ReputationRep:
    We are never going to win the PL or CL until Wenger either goes or spends some money (over 50mil) on some top quality players, particularly a striker. Wenger is,however, too stubborn to fork out some extra cash if the price tag of a player is beyond his perceived value of a player. He needs to realise that paying more money is worth the extra unique quality a world class player can bring to the team.

We are going to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity until something changes tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STLJA)
    We are never going to win the PL or CL until Wenger either goes or spends some money (over 50mil) on some top quality players, particularly a striker. Wenger is,however, too stubborn to fork out some extra cash if the price tag of a player is beyond his perceived value of a player. He needs to realise that paying more money is worth the extra unique quality a world class player can bring to the team.

We are going to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity until something changes tbh.
    I guarantee nothing will change even after Wenger leaves. Kroenke & Gazidis will gutter the club once there's no chance of it being any more significant as it is now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    1) Ozil is quality (on his day)
    2) Sakho gets in to the France team ahead of Koscienly
    3) Mertesacker lol
    4) Sturridge is better than any striker you have

Joke man
    Gignac gets in over Lacazette, doesnt make him better.

Lol at you clycnhing to the myth that mertesacker is still a bad cb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

he's been poor ever since he clipped one Diego Costa...
    Wenger ofc struggling to find that CB that will replicate his "aerial prowess" and be fast too

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Cech has been in an accident and drove into a pillar in the car park. Does this guy actually see anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Nah, Sakho is better mate just accept.
    Mertesacker is okay but nothing more.

Jesus Christ, the guy was dropped for Gabriel last season...

It doesn't matter anyway - we both had major players out but that happens all the time. On the day we were simply better and perhaps you should look at your own team's issues on the field instead of crying about how you would've won with a full strength side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Liverpool look a bit ****
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ffs Luke would turn up to a knife fight with printed pages of stats on fatalities in knife incidents, and somehow walk away wondering why he got stabbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    clycnhing
    Is that supposed to be Welsh?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.