Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Dunno how could even take over as writer or who is likely to.
My initial guess would be Toby Whithouse.

Other potential people could be either Chris Chibnall or Mark Gatiss.

But probably won't be any of those. :dontknow:
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
My initial guess would be Toby Whithouse.

Other potential people could be either Chris Chibnall or Mark Gatiss.

But probably won't be any of those. :dontknow:
Chibnall and Whithouse are good shouts. I'd imagine Gatiss to be too busy.
priya8D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm really looking forward to next week I can't even contain my excitement! :woo:
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Dunno how could even take over as writer or who is likely to.
I'd love to write for Doctor Who...although I highly doubt that I'll ever get to!
Dragonrage973
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh wow I can't believe I've never searched for a Doctor Who thread on TSR before. I'm sooooo excited about the second half of series 7! I love the new assistant and not just because she's a stunner
What do you guys think of the new TARDIS interior design? I think it's amazing
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dragonrage973)
Oh wow I can't believe I've never searched for a Doctor Who thread on TSR before. I'm sooooo excited about the second half of series 7! I love the new assistant and not just because she's a stunner
What do you guys think of the new TARDIS interior design? I think it's amazing
I don't like the new TARDIS design, too cold and doesn't sum up Matt Smith to me, but I guess we'll see as series goes on.

Love JLC though, she's a babe!
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the TARDIS suits Smith perfectly when we consider he has just lost the ponds, it's coldness almost signifies the emptiness he feels about the loss.

Clara is an amazing assistant, I really want to know who she is!!! People go on about how doctor who is predictable, id love to know their theories on this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I love the new TARDIS interior, it was designed by an 11 year old or something which is so appropriate for the Doctor's childish nature, which still comes out now and then even now when he's over a thousand (which is annoying, I wanted to celebrate his 1000th birthday!). Looking forward to the new companion and another episode written by Neil Gaiman because that man is a genius, fact.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abbieastoria)
I think the TARDIS suits Smith perfectly when we consider he has just lost the ponds, it's coldness almost signifies the emptiness he feels about the loss.

Clara is an amazing assistant, I really want to know who she is!!! People go on about how doctor who is predictable, id love to know their theories on this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
True, but pretty sure Smith won't stay cold and empty, whereas the TARDIS will...

There are some theories on tumblr that she's somehow Jenny (Doctor's daughter) as there's a lot of similarities in their lines
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoilers! :p:

I heard that one reason for the Tardis re-design was simply that they had to move studio and were going to a smaller set, therefore smaller Tardis. The Tardis is now smaller on the inside... :p:
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
True, but pretty sure Smith won't stay cold and empty, whereas the TARDIS will...

There are some theories on tumblr that she's somehow Jenny (Doctor's daughter) as there's a lot of similarities in their lines
I thought that but she's playing it fairly cool pretending to not know him of that's the case. Also in s7e1 they are sort of flirting when she's calling him "the chin" and stuff. Also in the prequel to the next episode you see her with her parents when she's little, so I talked myself out of that option

Would be wicked if she was river song or jack harness daughter or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
Spoilers! :p:

I heard that one reason for the Tardis re-design was simply that they had to move studio and were going to a smaller set, therefore smaller Tardis. The Tardis is now smaller on the inside... :p:
There are no spoilers, only speculation!

I thought that but she's playing it fairly cool pretending to not know him of that's the case. Also in s7e1 they are sort of flirting when she's calling him "the chin" and stuff. Also in the prequel to the next episode you see her with her parents when she's little, so I talked myself out of that option

Would be wicked if she was river song or jack harness daughter or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I don't buy into it at all. Tbh I don't think she's gonna be related to any other characters.
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's so close now I just can't wait!!!

I really hope the 50th lives up to the hype, maybe we can expect the fields of trensilore, the fall of the eleventh and the question... DOCTOR WHOOOOO!!!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone else read 'Spoilers' in a certain characters voice and just shudder?

(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
I love the new TARDIS interior, it was designed by an 11 year old or something which is so appropriate for the Doctor's childish nature, which still comes out now and then even now when he's over a thousand (which is annoying, I wanted to celebrate his 1000th birthday!). Looking forward to the new companion and another episode written by Neil Gaiman because that man is a genius, fact.
Actually that was the mini-Tardis in 'The Doctor's Wife' that was designed by an 11 year old using household objects.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I don't like the new TARDIS design, too cold and doesn't sum up Matt Smith to me, but I guess we'll see as series goes on.

Love JLC though, she's a babe!
JLC....:dice:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most important woman in the universe...
Rory was a timelord and has now regenerated but has kept his old trick of just not staying dead.

----
I'm out Saturday night. This could be interesting trying to watch it with no access to iPlayer. :ninja:
LuciaCc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OMG this is so close! I've been waiting for so long! Still love David Tennant better though😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Anyone else read 'Spoilers' in a certain characters voice and just shudder?

Actually that was the mini-Tardis in 'The Doctor's Wife' that was designed by an 11 year old using household objects.

JLC....:dice:

Most important woman in the universe...
Rory was a timelord and has now regenerated but has kept his old trick of just not staying dead.

----
I'm out Saturday night. This could be interesting trying to watch it with no access to iPlayer. :ninja:
I always read "Spoilers" in Rivers voice. I love her so much :love:

Oh, my bad. It just looked similar to the interior I'd seen for that I suppose, I assumed it was the same.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My mum just facebooked me to say she's bought me the Doctor Who stamps they've just released :ahee:
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  1eabde62124dbcd7fea214d16ec4a22e.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  40.7 KB
Right in the feels!
satellites
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really looking forward to the new episode.
Abbieastoria
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 days!!! Loving Clara can't wait to see her storyline played out, i don't care what the critics say, Moffat is a genius

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (178)
39.47%
No - but I will (25)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (216)
47.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed