The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nah A level psych was a complete nightmare, sad cos the teacher was so nice.
I might as well say it cos I know the guys will bait me out anyways lol.
Last year for A-levels I achieved an A, a B and....a U :ninja: U was in psych lol.

Spoiler

I already had a B before my last psych exam :colone:

Mate I was teaching other students by the time I got in to second year :wink:
Original post by Lúcio

Spoiler

Psych is your calling Lucio
Original post by Lúcio

Wow I've heard of rubbing salt in the wound but this is just....wow
Original post by Lúcio

Minor psych is a dead subject, it's one of those people pick because it's easy lmao. All that happened is LP put in effort to her other 2 subjects...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Minor psych is a dead subject, it's one of those people pick because it's easy lmao. All that happened is LP put in effort to her other 2 subjects...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strong baiting skills.
They think it's easy, then they realise how much time they gotta put in to it.

It isn't "difficult" per se, it just takes a lot of time and effort that people underestimate it takes

Totally just took the bait...
Original post by Lúcio
Strong baiting skills.
They think it's easy, then they realise how much time they gotta put in to it.

It isn't "difficult" per se, it just takes a lot of time and effort that people underestimate it takes

Totally just took the bait...

Ha. Doesn't really matter there's no shame in it. It's the reason I did English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year for A-levels I achieved an A, a B and....a U :ninja: U was in psych lol.

Spoiler

Aww don't worry about it, at least you're at uni now! :h:

I got similar results too and now I gotta retake a few exams along with studying an entire a-level in one year... :work:
Or...'rubbing salt in the injury' lmao.

Awks if people don't remember my post about that.... :tongue:
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Suppose so. Probably wrong place for it but I fundamentally disagree with this idea of marrying later.
As said probably more Misc-ish. I guess it depends. I'm of the opinion marriage is pretty much worthless in the western world at least, but yeah utterly stupid to do it later on imo.

Original post by The Assassin
Hm, do prenups work in the UK? Don't think so.
Yeah there is legal precedent. However they aren't legally binding. So basically you've got a good case if you go to court and show you did have all this stuff arranged beforehand, and if its reasonable the judge can say yeah looks like you worked all this out before this is how it will go down. But if you've made it stupidly tight, like you're a billionaire and your stay at home wife walks away with nothing, the judge can throw it out, and then you have to start from scratch.

Spoiler

So you're quite literally an ABU? :tongue:

(Anyone But United)
Original post by Fizzel
As said probably more Misc-ish. I guess it depends. I'm of the opinion marriage is pretty much worthless in the western world at least, but yeah utterly stupid to do it later on imo.

Yeah there is legal precedent. However they aren't legally binding. So basically you've got a good case if you go to court and show you did have all this stuff arranged beforehand, and if its reasonable the judge can say yeah looks like you worked all this out before this is how it will go down. But if you've made it stupidly tight, like you're a billionaire and your stay at home wife walks away with nothing, the judge can throw it out, and then you have to start from scratch.

Ahh I get it, I believe. But on the last line -- start what from scratch? Your finances?
Re Marriage Laws: There is no such thing as common law husband and wife, i.e. if you live together as a couple that will not make you a married couple with the associated laws attributed to that in the eyes of the court. So, if you want the legal security, just don't get married or sign the marriage documents. You can have a ceremony if I remember correctly but the marriage can be voidable and therefore not a legal marriage ... but good luck convincing your prospective wife that you are not going to sign anything.

Source: Law grad, law has not changed afaik from the time I graduated.
Reply 9272
Ahh I get it, I believe. But on the last line -- start what from scratch? Your finances?

Your case
Original post by Tom_Ford
Source: Law grad, law has not changed afaik from the time I graduated.
Lulz

I mean the whole division of assets and such. You basically have to go through all the stuff a couple who never had one would.
Original post by Fizzel
Lulz

I mean the whole division of assets and such. You basically have to go through all the stuff a couple who never had one would.

Ya fck that, it's not a matter of interest to me anyway. Marriage serves no use for me.
Ya fck that, it's not a matter of interest to me anyway. Marriage serves no use for me.
Reasons?
Original post by Fizzel
Reasons?

Staying with one person forever is not my cup of tea, I will always want to cheat with other women (and will). Only reason I would want a marriage is to have a good stable home for a kid to grow up in. But, it is not worth signing my assets away.

Not going to lie, irl I am a selfish, indulgent and arrogant prick.
Original post by sr90
So you're quite literally an ABU? :tongue:

(Anyone But United)

Was literally gonna make that joke but didn't know how to phrase it :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel

What race are you btw out of interest?

I agree yeah. Think we've evolved to the point that human values are being lost. We work too hard and neglect our family values. Kinda wish I lived in a much simpler time if I'm honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9279
Tom just rekt someone

No offence, but from your posts (and Twitter) you seem like a little wimp, you need to man up.

Your Tweet:
"The 'I feel I'm going to be single forever' feeling has only just kicked in a few days ago and I've been depressed :frown:"

Latest