Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    You know that essay I submitted like 5 mins before the deadline....yeah. Got feedback for it yesterday. 71 marks out of a 100 lmao. Uni doesn't do classification based grades in first year :/
    Haha Never again doing it that late lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    You know that essay I submitted like 5 mins before the deadline....yeah. Got feedback for it yesterday. 71 marks out of a 100 lmao. Uni doesn't do classification based grades in first year :/
    'Grats on the first :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? That's how all of mine were marked, it's easy to work out what mark is what grade.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    x
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hehe thanks! Probs not a first but I'll take it haha x

(Original post by sr90)
    What do you mean? That's how all of mine were marked, it's easy to work out what mark is what grade.
    They give us an attached marking scheme and it goes 50-69=Satisfactory work 70-89= Good work 90+= Excellent work
    Obviously that's just an example. So by looking at the table of grade boundaries etc I can see that I've done 'Good work'.
    We can't tell if it's a 1st or 2:1 etc because they don't give us that in equivalence to marks. We can only guess by logic Bit fuzzy in my exaplanation, soz.

ReputationRep:
    But can she do it in a-level psychology
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    But can she do it in a-level psychology
    Stupid ass subject

Spoiler:
    Show
    You guys will not let that go lmao

ReputationRep:
    Stupid ass subject

Spoiler:
    Show
    You guys will not let that go lmao
    What happen with a-level psych?

I sense a story
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    What happen with a-level psych?

I sense a story
    Nah A level psych was a complete nightmare, sad cos the teacher was so nice.
    I might as well say it cos I know the guys will bait me out anyways lol.
    Last year for A-levels I achieved an A, a B and....a U :ninja: U was in psych lol.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't ask why I didn't drop it first year lol pls, that's a long story

ReputationRep:
    Last year for A-levels I achieved an A, a B and....a U :ninja: U was in psych lol.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I already had a B before my last psych exam

Mate I was teaching other students by the time I got in to second year
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Spoiler:
    Show
    cheers fk for the gif btw.

Psych is your calling Lucio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Wow I've heard of rubbing salt in the wound but this is just....wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Minor psych is a dead subject, it's one of those people pick because it's easy lmao. All that happened is LP put in effort to her other 2 subjects...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Minor psych is a dead subject, it's one of those people pick because it's easy lmao. All that happened is LP put in effort to her other 2 subjects...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strong baiting skills.
    They think it's easy, then they realise how much time they gotta put in to it.

It isn't "difficult" per se, it just takes a lot of time and effort that people underestimate it takes

Totally just took the bait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Strong baiting skills.
    They think it's easy, then they realise how much time they gotta put in to it.

It isn't "difficult" per se, it just takes a lot of time and effort that people underestimate it takes

Totally just took the bait...
    Ha. Doesn't really matter there's no shame in it. It's the reason I did English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww don't worry about it, at least you're at uni now!

I got similar results too and now I gotta retake a few exams along with studying an entire a-level in one year... :work:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Or...'rubbing salt in the injury' lmao.

Awks if people don't remember my post about that....

ReputationRep:
    Suppose so. Probably wrong place for it but I fundamentally disagree with this idea of marrying later.
    As said probably more Misc-ish. I guess it depends. I'm of the opinion marriage is pretty much worthless in the western world at least, but yeah utterly stupid to do it later on imo.

(Original post by The Assassin)
    Hm, do prenups work in the UK? Don't think so.
    Yeah there is legal precedent. However they aren't legally binding. So basically you've got a good case if you go to court and show you did have all this stuff arranged beforehand, and if its reasonable the judge can say yeah looks like you worked all this out before this is how it will go down. But if you've made it stupidly tight, like you're a billionaire and your stay at home wife walks away with nothing, the judge can throw it out, and then you have to start from scratch.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    So you're quite literally an ABU?

(Anyone But United)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    As said probably more Misc-ish. I guess it depends. I'm of the opinion marriage is pretty much worthless in the western world at least, but yeah utterly stupid to do it later on imo.

Yeah there is legal precedent. However they aren't legally binding. So basically you've got a good case if you go to court and show you did have all this stuff arranged beforehand, and if its reasonable the judge can say yeah looks like you worked all this out before this is how it will go down. But if you've made it stupidly tight, like you're a billionaire and your stay at home wife walks away with nothing, the judge can throw it out, and then you have to start from scratch.
    Ahh I get it, I believe. But on the last line -- start what from scratch? Your finances?

ReputationRep:
    Re Marriage Laws: There is no such thing as common law husband and wife, i.e. if you live together as a couple that will not make you a married couple with the associated laws attributed to that in the eyes of the court. So, if you want the legal security, just don't get married or sign the marriage documents. You can have a ceremony if I remember correctly but the marriage can be voidable and therefore not a legal marriage ... but good luck convincing your prospective wife that you are not going to sign anything.

Source: Law grad, law has not changed afaik from the time I graduated.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.